Dc School Asks Students To Compare George W. Bush To Hitler

Here's the actual sick homework assignment. I realize the lefties have to defend this, I know they have to downplay this, but holy crap, here it is:

BxNC5UNIUAA7pzV.png

The assignment clearly is pushing the kids in the affirmative comparison direction by beginning with "Now that we have read about two men of power who abused their power in various ways". Now, you COULD make the argument that Bush abused his power by embarking on military action without a declaration of war, but that's not what the teacher is getting at. In fact, the BA spent months prepping and persuading Congress to support military action, and in the end, got the support. That could be many things, but it's not an abuse of power.

Who is defending it?

The teacher has recognized the error in judgement. It's not the end of the world.

Would you be so forgiving of a teacher who wanted his students to compare, in the same fashion, the southern democrats' reaction to the Civil Rights movement with Mao's purge of intellectuals?

Once you get past the idea that schools are intended to educate and accept that they now exist only to indoctrinate this whole thing turns into a non-event.

All the more reason to teach them at home. They end up with a better education, are more ready to interact in an adult world, and perform better at nearly all aspects of life.

What a sad joke US has become since Hussein and his scrooges took power.

It's like living in a horror movie day after day after day......

everybody living in a big Detroit......in mind, body and spirit.

RIP USA,

This is what happens in our public schools... and the Left wonders why Conservatives want to get rid of Teacher Tenure.

This teacher should be fired today.. but he won't be.

The Washington D.C. school system is on the defensive after one of its sixth-grade teachers reportedly asked students to compare and contrast former President George W. Bush and Adolf Hitler.

According to NBC4, the school system said the unnamed teacher in question will apologize after admitting to "extremely poor judgment" in the Venn Diagram assignment. District of Columbia Public Schools released a statement on the matter late Wednesday night.

"The teacher deeply regrets this mistake, and any suggestion to malign the presidency or make any comparison in this egregious way," the statement read. "The teacher admits to extremely poor judgment and short sightedness and will apologize to students. The school will also send a letter home to families explaining the incident and offering to address any additional questions should they arise."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/dc-school-asks-students-to-compare-george-w-bush-to-hitler-2014-9#ixzz3D1B3raD3
Are you worried that there is no contrast to write about?

This is what happens in our public schools... and the Left wonders why Conservatives want to get rid of Teacher Tenure.

The Washington D.C. school system is on the defensive after one of its sixth-grade teachers reportedly asked students to compare and contrast former President George W. Bush and Adolf Hitler.

According to NBC4, the school system said the unnamed teacher in question will apologize after admitting to "extremely poor judgment" in the Venn Diagram assignment. District of Columbia Public Schools released a statement on the matter late Wednesday night.

"The teacher deeply regrets this mistake, and any suggestion to malign the presidency or make any comparison in this egregious way," the statement read. "The teacher admits to extremely poor judgment and short sightedness and will apologize to students. The school will also send a letter home to families explaining the incident and offering to address any additional questions should they arise."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/dc-school-asks-students-to-compare-george-w-bush-to-hitler-2014-9#ixzz3D1B3raD3

personally I would have welcomed the assignment for my kid and then helped them write a paper that would have destroyed the comparison and made the teacher look like the idiot that he is.
So you too didn't see that there was a "contrast" component. I hope the students pay more attention to what is asked of them than that.

an actual comparison between Hitler and Bush would teach them how totalitarians differ from competent leaders who aren't totalitarians.

personally I would have welcomed the assignment for my kid and then helped them write a paper that would have destroyed the comparison and made the teacher look like the idiot that he is.
So you too didn't see that there was a "contrast" component. I hope the students pay more attention to what is asked of them than that.

You're an idiot. By highlighting the contrast, I would have destroyed the comparison.

What did you major in in college?

Are you worried that there is no contrast to write about?

Are you worried that there is no comparison between the two? Furthermore, are you at all concerned that O plans to usurp the constitution by bypassing congress on immigration and military foreign policy? I didn't agree with bush on Iraq but he did seek congressional and senate approval.

Last edited:

Your story said that the teacher told them to compare and contrast.

Contrast! C'mon, he told the students to also contrast!
:badgrin:

Your story said that the teacher told them to compare and contrast.

Contrast! C'mon, he told the students to also contrast!
:badgrin:

There is no comparison.

I happen to agree. Also, the assignment was for sixth graders. Much safer giving them two historical people, rather than a long-dead and a currently-living one.

My post was trying to convey the absurdity of the assignment.

Who is defending it?

The teacher has recognized the error in judgement. It's not the end of the world.

Would you be so forgiving of a teacher who wanted his students to compare, in the same fashion, the southern democrats' reaction to the Civil Rights movement with Mao's purge of intellectuals?

Yup. I am not a simpleton. I never had fear that my kids were being indoctrinated by a homework assignment.

Having raised my kids here in Central Florida....I can assure you that their Social Studies teachers were of all stripes politically. In fact...the one they loved most is way to the right.

If a student treats his or her teachers with respect and makes an effort.....he or she will be allowed to express a viewpoint that opposes the teacher.

Now....6th grade is what....11 or 12 years old? Tough call on the subject matter. But.....I am OK with challenging kids to think. I don't give a shit what they are thinking about.

Regards.

My niece's class was once given a test which included the question "Who won the 2000 Presidential Election"?

Her answer, Bush, was marked wrong.

When confronted by my brother, the Liberal dyke bitch refused to budge.
bullshit.
Compared and contrasted to all the stupid illegal and outrageous stuff public school teachers have done in the last 20 years Your answer is ridiculous on its face.
no, it isn't. the anecdote is most assuredly a flat out fabrication or a gross misrepresentation of the facts. either way, it is easy to see that that poster is lying.
I don't give a fuck if anyone believes it or not. I had mentioned this very same incident a couple years back and was met with the same skepticism. I called my brother and had him re-tell the story. It stands. :fu:
here's what likely actually happened.

your niece was asked who won the popular vote in 2000. she answered incorrectly. judging the gene pool by yourself, your brother didn't realize this was the incorrect answer. he made a stink. the teacher tried to explain it. he, like his daughter, didn't understand the distinction. he then told the story to you, and you never bothered to ask any questions, or to even consider if it sounded reasonable.

sound about right?
Sounds about wrong as fuck. Here, git some. :slap:
sure it does. admit it, the probability that the question might have been about the popular vote never occurred to you, did it?

What kind of dumb shit asshole tries to trick a child into getting the answer wrong by asking "who won the popular vote in 20XX?" rather than the more conventional "who won the Presidential election in 20XX?"

It's actually the perfect question to ask when teaching children how our electoral system works.

Forum List

Back