DC appeals court says Trump is not immune (as a former president) from prosecution

The vagueness is all by MAGA, thinking the voter will not punish the GOP for passing up a good oppo to handle immigration.
But, we’ve seen what’s in the bill. You seem to forget that.

Now that we seen the bill, we know only about 20% of it has anything at all to do with the border. That 20% does not require Joe Biden to do anymore than he is required to do now. Since he is currently ignoring the requirements, there is no reason to think that even if there were additional requirements in this bill, Biden would Fulfill them.

I know you’re getting this from MSNBC or some other Democratic Party operatives. The mistake they consistently make in doing these analysis is thinking that undecided voters and Republican voters are as dumb as Democratic voters. Undecided and Republicans will have read the bill and said “WTF? I thought this was supposed to be a border bill?”

The bill is clear enough for the voters to punish the GOP.
You would need the Republican voters to turn against the GOP for that prediction to come through. I don’t know of any Republicans that favored that bill, now that the rhinos in the senate got caught. How many Republican votes did that quote by partisan“ Bill get? There was one Democrat vote against it, so the opposition was “bipartisan.“

The voters will punish the GOP for turning down that bill.
Is that why Senate Republicans were about to vote for the bill until the voters found out what was in it? Did they change your mind? So, let me get your theory straight . . . Republicans and the Senate deliberately change your mind about voting for the bill, knowing that their constituents were strongly in favor of it?

Is that why Senate Republicans were about to vote for the bill until the voters found out what was in it? Did they change your mind? So, let me get your theory straight . . . Republicans and the Senate deliberately change your mind about voting for the bill, knowing that their constituents were strongly in favor of it?
The voters wanted the bill. Trump did not. The GOP caved in to the Orange Turd.

No poison pills other than it would not help Trump in November.

Now it will hurt Trump even worse at election time.
The left sure are masters of diversion, that’s for sure. They spent the last 3 years refusing to secure the border, and now they are using this bill to try and blame republicans for that. Biden doesn’t need a bill to enact some of these provisions in the bill, he can just do it.

The left sure are masters of diversion, that’s for sure. They spent the last 3 years refusing to secure the border, and now they are using this bill to try and blame republicans for that. Biden doesn’t need a bill to enact some of these provisions in the bill, he can just do it.

Republicans have spent the las 16 years NOT reforming immigration, which is why we are in the mess we are in now.

Also, this problem would have been disastrous regardless of who was in charge. The entire world is facing an unprecedented refugee crisis, with 110 million people displaced by war and civil unrest in their own countries.

Republicans have spent the las 16 years NOT reforming immigration, which is why we are in the mess we are in now.

Also, this problem would have been disastrous regardless of who was in charge. The entire world is facing an unprecedented refugee crisis, with 110 million people displaced by war and civil unrest in their own countries.

What immigration reform do we need? We have laws on the books. If you have a legitimate asylum claim, you can apply for that. If you have a work visa, you can use that. There are ways in which you can legally enter the country, those laws have been in the books for a very long time. I’m not sure what immigration reforms you think we need, unless you are alleging that we need to weaken the laws to allow millions of undocumented people to enter our country every year..

What immigration reform do we need? We have laws on the books. If you have a legitimate asylum claim, you can apply for that. If you have a work visa, you can use that. There are ways in which you can legally enter the country, those laws have been in the books for a very long time. I’m not sure what immigration reforms you think we need, unless you are alleging that we need to weaken the laws to allow millions of undocumented people to enter our country every year..

No, we need to make sure we have documentation, that was the problem.

We have an illegal "problem" for one very specific reason. Because we have jobs, and they have people. Our immigration laws pander to the insecurity of Americans who don't want to do those jobs or couldn't do those jobs because they aren't qualified.

I go into this in detail in another post, but if you want to clean up immigration, here's what you need to do.

1) Establish a biometric national ID Card so the employers can instantly verify who they are hiring.
2) Establish a guest-worker program to meet the labor needs of specific industries - Farming, food processing, demolition work, etc - that Americans don't want to do.
3) Vigorously go after those employers who continue to hire undocumented workers and flaunt the system.
4) Set up a reporting system to identify said abusers. (This is largely how OSHA works)
5) Sufficiently staff asylum and immigration courts to quickly resolve cases.
6) Identify ways to alleviate economic problems in the countries these folks are coming from to start with. It's a lot cheaper to help them in their own countries than wait for them to show up here.

Please note, this is a sensible policy to address the real world problem. If you want to build a wall because you hate Mexicans just like Republican Jesus does, there's not much point talking to you.

No, we need to make sure we have documentation, that was the problem.

We have an illegal "problem" for one very specific reason. Because we have jobs, and they have people. Our immigration laws pander to the insecurity of Americans who don't want to do those jobs or couldn't do those jobs because they aren't qualified.

I go into this in detail in another post, but if you want to clean up immigration, here's what you need to do.

1) Establish a biometric national ID Card so the employers can instantly verify who they are hiring.
2) Establish a guest-worker program to meet the labor needs of specific industries - Farming, food processing, demolition work, etc - that Americans don't want to do.
3) Vigorously go after those employers who continue to hire undocumented workers and flaunt the system.
4) Set up a reporting system to identify said abusers. (This is largely how OSHA works)
5) Sufficiently staff asylum and immigration courts to quickly resolve cases.
6) Identify ways to alleviate economic problems in the countries these folks are coming from to start with. It's a lot cheaper to help them in their own countries than wait for them to show up here.

Please note, this is a sensible policy to address the real world problem. If you want to build a wall because you hate Mexicans just like Republican Jesus does, there's not much point talking to you.

I’ll address this one first, because it’s BS. You lefty’s always do this. If you don’t like “x”, it’s because of hate. That’s just flat out wrong. Not wanting to import potential voters is has nothing to do with hate. Not wanting to import people who break the laws to enter the country for economic reasons is not hate.

We have an illegal "problem" for one very specific reason. Because we have jobs, and they have people

Now, I’m going to push back on this as well. The whole notion that “we have jobs that Americans won’t do” is an excuse. First, we’ve been saying that for years, and yet, we’re still importing tens of thousands illegals per week. Apparently, they are not filling the jobs “Americans won’t do” because we keep bringing in a never ending supply of illegals. It’s like, no matter how many we bring in, there always seems to be jobs “Americans won’t do”. So, where are these illegals going then? It’s obviously not filling those jobs.

Our immigration laws pander to the insecurity of Americans who don't want to do those jobs or couldn't do those jobs because they aren't qualified.

First, thanks for admitting that their migration is not for asylum, but for economic reasons.

Ok, so, now the illegals are doing jobs, not just the ones that Americans won’t do, but also the ones they are not qualified to do. So, are we talking about technical jobs? Are we talking about IT jobs? Are these things that can be done with OJT to get them qualified?

There are answers to that problem other than just bringing in illegals.

Establish a biometric national ID Card so the employers can instantly verify who they are hiring.

Ok, but how accurate would that data be? Does Mexico keep accurate up to date data on all of its citizens like that US does? If so, ok, I’m with ya.

Establish a guest-worker program to meet the labor needs of specific industries - Farming, food processing, demolition work, etc - that Americans don't want to do.

We have a guest worker program already. Also, if there are unemployed Americans…and jobs needing to be filled…problem - solution. Just because you don’t want to do it doesn’t matter. If you need a job to support yourself and your family, you’ll take the job.

Vigorously go after those employers who continue to hire undocumented workers and flaunt the system.

This will never happen. Too many major corporations who are big democrat donors, that employ thousands of illegals. They’ll never go after those businesses.

Sufficiently staff asylum and immigration courts to quickly resolve cases.

None of these people have a legitimate asylum claim. They are just needlessly tying up the courts, and now they want to increase the size of the process, causing more taxpayer dollars to be spent on people who are not coming for asylum. Mexicos government is not oppressing their citizens, and if they were, it’s a diplomacy issue. The answer is the U.S. working with Mexico to resolve the problems, not just telling all of its citizens to come to America.

This is exactly right. It should be #1 on your list. If a country has a problem, the answer is not for the U.S. to absorb all of its citizens. It’s to work with them to solve the problem in their own country.

Question for you: would you be agreeable if the entire population of Mexico wanted to come to the United States under the guise of “asylum”?

I mean, if we’re going to bring in a million or two each year, what about the rest of them, don’t they deserve the same chance? So, why not just have the entire population of Mexico enter the U.S.? Would you be ok with that?

I’ll address this one first, because it’s BS. You lefty’s always do this. If you don’t like “x”, it’s because of hate. That’s just flat out wrong. Not wanting to import potential voters is has nothing to do with hate. Not wanting to import people who break the laws to enter the country for economic reasons is not hate.

Why do you worry about them being potential voters? Oh, that's right, because they won't vote your way after you've spent decades demonizing them.

Here's an idea. Instead of inventing new ways to keep people of color from voting, how about giving them a good reason to vote for you. (Then again, I often wonder why most white people who aren't millionaires vote Republican. If the GOP got rid of racism, they wouldn't get any votes.)

Now, I’m going to push back on this as well. The whole notion that “we have jobs that Americans won’t do” is an excuse. First, we’ve been saying that for years, and yet, we’re still importing tens of thousands illegals per week. Apparently, they are not filling the jobs “Americans won’t do” because we keep bringing in a never ending supply of illegals. It’s like, no matter how many we bring in, there always seems to be jobs “Americans won’t do”. So, where are these illegals going then? It’s obviously not filling those jobs.

That's because it's not a zero-sum game. When you bring in more immigrants, you also create more demand for goods and services. Heck, I run a business when about 20% of my customers are legal immigrants.

First, thanks for admitting that their migration is not for asylum, but for economic reasons.

Ok, so, now the illegals are doing jobs, not just the ones that Americans won’t do, but also the ones they are not qualified to do. So, are we talking about technical jobs? Are we talking about IT jobs? Are these things that can be done with OJT to get them qualified?

There are answers to that problem other than just bringing in illegals.

I think it's more a matter of policy. The last time I found myself unemployed was in 2020 (thanks, Trump!). There was never a point where I'd consider taking a lettuce-picking job or a toilet-cleaning job for minimum wage. In fact, our whole unemployment insurance system is to prevent exactly that from happening so we don't lose the accumulated experience of skilled workers taking whatever jobs they can. No one aspires to pick lettuce or clean toilets.

We have a guest worker program already. Also, if there are unemployed Americans…and jobs needing to be filled…problem - solution. Just because you don’t want to do it doesn’t matter. If you need a job to support yourself and your family, you’ll take the job.

We have an H1B program for skilled labor that is massively abused by companies. They pre-select a candidate overseas (usually from India) and then pretend to go through a selection process where surprise, surprise, none of the Americans are qualified. They know how to game the system.

None of these people have a legitimate asylum claim. They are just needlessly tying up the courts, and now they want to increase the size of the process, causing more taxpayer dollars to be spent on people who are not coming for asylum. Mexicos government is not oppressing their citizens, and if they were, it’s a diplomacy issue. The answer is the U.S. working with Mexico to resolve the problems, not just telling all of its citizens to come to America.

Most of the people claiming asylum aren't Mexicans. They are Salvadoreans, Nicraguans, Honduran and Venezulean. And, yes, they all have oppressive governments or anarchy in their countries and would qualify for asylum.

My wife is a refugee from China. She's been waiting 8 years for an asylum hearing. (We are now circumventing this with a marriage visa, which only takes a year to resolve.)

Now, if you want to point out a ridiculous case, I give you the Romeike family. They've been here for 15 years on a bullshit asylum claim. Their basis? Germany won't let them home-school their kids. They would have to pay (gasp) a fine. Even though the asylum courts have ruled their claim is pure Blödsinn (Bullshit), they are still here and keep getting stays. (Further complicated matters, they've dropped two anchor babies since they've been here.) But, hey they're WHITE, so no big deal, am I right?

This is exactly right. It should be #1 on your list. If a country has a problem, the answer is not for the U.S. to absorb all of its citizens. It’s to work with them to solve the problem in their own country.

Question for you: would you be agreeable if the entire population of Mexico wanted to come to the United States under the guise of “asylum”?

You mean, what would happen if they took back Texas and California through Demographics after we stole it from them 180 years ago?

Again, Mexicans aren't the problem here. It's other countries. Mexican immigration has actually decreased because there are more jobs in Mexico now thanks to NAFTA.

I mean, if we’re going to bring in a million or two each year, what about the rest of them, don’t they deserve the same chance? So, why not just have the entire population of Mexico enter the U.S.? Would you be ok with that?

Well, it's clear you wouldn't. Most Mexicans I've know are damned hard workers and decent people, so I wouldn't care that much.

Why do you worry about them being potential voters? Oh, that's right, because they won't vote your way after you've spent decades demonizing them.

Here's an idea. Instead of inventing new ways to keep people of color from voting, how about giving them a good reason to vote for you. (Then again, I often wonder why most white people who aren't millionaires vote Republican. If the GOP got rid of racism, they wouldn't get any votes.)

That's because it's not a zero-sum game. When you bring in more immigrants, you also create more demand for goods and services. Heck, I run a business when about 20% of my customers are legal immigrants.

I think it's more a matter of policy. The last time I found myself unemployed was in 2020 (thanks, Trump!). There was never a point where I'd consider taking a lettuce-picking job or a toilet-cleaning job for minimum wage. In fact, our whole unemployment insurance system is to prevent exactly that from happening so we don't lose the accumulated experience of skilled workers taking whatever jobs they can. No one aspires to pick lettuce or clean toilets.

We have an H1B program for skilled labor that is massively abused by companies. They pre-select a candidate overseas (usually from India) and then pretend to go through a selection process where surprise, surprise, none of the Americans are qualified. They know how to game the system.

Most of the people claiming asylum aren't Mexicans. They are Salvadoreans, Nicraguans, Honduran and Venezulean. And, yes, they all have oppressive governments or anarchy in their countries and would qualify for asylum.

My wife is a refugee from China. She's been waiting 8 years for an asylum hearing. (We are now circumventing this with a marriage visa, which only takes a year to resolve.)

Now, if you want to point out a ridiculous case, I give you the Romeike family. They've been here for 15 years on a bullshit asylum claim. Their basis? Germany won't let them home-school their kids. They would have to pay (gasp) a fine. Even though the asylum courts have ruled their claim is pure Blödsinn (Bullshit), they are still here and keep getting stays. (Further complicated matters, they've dropped two anchor babies since they've been here.) But, hey they're WHITE, so no big deal, am I right?

You mean, what would happen if they took back Texas and California through Demographics after we stole it from them 180 years ago?

Again, Mexicans aren't the problem here. It's other countries. Mexican immigration has actually decreased because there are more jobs in Mexico now thanks to NAFTA.

Well, it's clear you wouldn't. Most Mexicans I've know are damned hard workers and decent people, so I wouldn't care that much.

It would be no different if they voted Republican than if they vote democrat. It would still be wrong to import voters. But, the idea and the goal here is to schmooze them enough and push to make them citizens so you can flip states and win more presidencies. The fact is evident from the reply you just posted. Rather than deny that they are being brought in as potential voters, you just pull a “well you just hate it because they won’t vote for you”. That’s called an admission.

Instead of inventing new ways to keep people of color from voting

Nobody is trying to prevent people of color from voting. That’s a fairy tale invented by the left to keep you all angry. Nobody cares what color they are, they just care that they are legal, and not being brought in for the purpose of increasing your electorate.

Tell me, why did Biden turn away the Cubans when they tried to come? “Go home, there is no room for you here”, I think he said. Why, if we are really trying to help struggling people, did Biden send them away? Maybe because they generally think a vote like a Republican?

how about giving them a good reason to vote for you

There are plenty of reasons to vote for the GOP. The GOP tend to be more cotus focused, liberty and freedom, small government (generally) and want people to work hard and earn a living. The dems, they apparently want to just hand everything to everyone, and let big government run their lives, they adore government over personal liberty and freedom.

Then again, I often wonder why most white people who aren't millionaires vote Republican. If the GOP got rid of racism, they wouldn't get any votes.)

Another leftist fairy tale. Ever notice that, in almost every situation, the left tries to incorporate racism into everything? Every story that comes up about the right, it’s as predictable as the sun rising…the left will always try to interweave racism into the story. Apparently it’s working, because all the lefty’s here parrot those same talking points.

It’s the left who invents that narrative and they attribute EVERYTHING to racism, because they like to keep you all angry.

Racism exists in ALL walks of life, even on the left, but like 90% of all the stories the left comes up with are lies.

Wait, so you’re saying the immigration issue is a self perpetuating problem? We HAVE to bring in more illegals to fill the jobs that bringing in more illegals creates? Again, when does it end? When every citizen of Mexico resides inside the U.S.?

The last time I found myself unemployed was in 2020 (thanks, Trump!

Uh, no…it was blue cities that were trying to lock everything down. Hell, you all demanded it, to flatten the curve. Don’t try to blame trump for something you all wanted in the first place.

I agree, nobody aspires to pick lettuce, and I agree, there probably aren’t enough people living where lettuce is grown to fill the job, but, exactly how many people are needed to pick lettuce? We brought in over 2 million illegals since Biden took office, I assure you, they are not all out there picking lettuce. Besides, most of the lettuce (prettt much all of it) that is grown in the U.S. comes from southern Utah or Southern California, a lot of it is grown IN MEXICO. Hell, most of our produce seems to come from Mexico these days.

By the way, the 11 million illegals number is BS, they been using that number for over a decade. The real number is estimated at 16-30 million, they really don’t even know.

The fact that you know that means that people in the government know that, and yet they let it happen. Again, it’s because a lot of these major corporations are political donors and so nobody wants to do anything about it. So Americans get shafted out of good jobs.

Ok, so, when did forum shopping become a thing? So, all these people coming from South America, aren’t they supposed to seek asylum in the next safe country? If it’s truly about government oppression, then getting out of there country to the next safe harbor…which would be Mexico, right? Yet, those folks, along with tens of thousands of Mexicans, each week, make their way to the U.S. border. Again, I ask, are we supposed to simply absorb anyone and everyone from around the world?

The U.S. has diplomatic relations with many of those countries, we send aid to them on a yearly basis. It would seem to be in the best interest if the U.S. were to be trying to achieve a diplomatic solution to the problem, by putting the screws to them if needs be, to stop their oppressive ways. The solution, however, is not to just absorb millions of people each year, that’s not sustainable.

Wait a second…we can get 2 million illegals from south and Central America in a year, who also have BS asylum claims, and you are peachy with that, yet one family from Germany tries it, and you are in an uproar…really?

And the German people being white is irrelevant, is Biden trying to import millions of German voters? No? Ok, so it’s a non issue.

You all keep referring to race as the issue, but most people on the right will tell you they have NO problem with Mexican or “brown people” immigration, under 2 conditions: 1) they come here legally, and 2) they are not being imported with the intent on making them voters asap.

by the way, I hope your wife gets her asylum hearing soon, 8 years is a long time to wait, with you being married and all. But, that should be a thorn in YOUR side, because there are illegals showing up at the border who are probably getting ahead in line before your wife. That doesn’t anger you in the slightest?

It’s never going to happen. There was a lot of wars back in those days, conquest and all that.

I’m not a historian but…wasn’t the land from Mexico ceded by treaty? And we paid Mexico a lot of money to acquire the land that is now California?

Ok, regardless of their country of origin, the question remains the same.

Sure you would, if those were potential Republican voters…the left would have already shut the border by now. We know this because of what Biden did with the Cubans, who are supposedly generally conservative in their point of view.

If anyone wants to come to this country the right way, we welcome them, that’s great, but the cats out of the bag, most people already know the lefts goal here, which is why most people push back on it.

It would be no different if they voted Republican than if they vote democrat. It would still be wrong to import voters. But, the idea and the goal here is to schmooze them enough and push to make them citizens so you can flip states and win more presidencies. The fact is evident from the reply you just posted. Rather than deny that they are being brought in as potential voters, you just pull a “well you just hate it because they won’t vote for you”. That’s called an admission.

Well, first, it's going to be years if these people are allowed to vote, if ever. Their children are going to remember who tried to fuck over their parents, though. You kind of did this to yourselves.

Nobody is trying to prevent people of color from voting. That’s a fairy tale invented by the left to keep you all angry. Nobody cares what color they are, they just care that they are legal, and not being brought in for the purpose of increasing your electorate.

Um, yeah, that's why Jeb Bush purged thousands of black people from the rolls. That's why DeSatan pulled a fast one after his state voted to restore felon voting rights. (He said their sentences weren't complete until they also paid court costs.) That's why they keep pushing for voter ID, because they know poor people of color are less likely to have a current ID. Look, man, I get it. When you are the white grievance party, you don't want the darkies voting.

Tell me, why did Biden turn away the Cubans when they tried to come? “Go home, there is no room for you here”, I think he said. Why, if we are really trying to help struggling people, did Biden send them away? Maybe because they generally think a vote like a Republican?

I had to look this one up, and it wasn't just Cubans. It was Cubans, Venezuelans, Haitians, and Nicaraguans. In short, he's trying to do what you guys claim you want, which is to limit them to legal channels.

There are plenty of reasons to vote for the GOP. The GOP tend to be more cotus focused, liberty and freedom, small government (generally) and want people to work hard and earn a living. The dems, they apparently want to just hand everything to everyone, and let big government run their lives, they adore government over personal liberty and freedom.

Oh, bullshit. The Republicans talk a big game, but I can't name a single time they took the side of working people over the investor class, and neither can you.

Another leftist fairy tale. Ever notice that, in almost every situation, the left tries to incorporate racism into everything? Every story that comes up about the right, it’s as predictable as the sun rising…the left will always try to interweave racism into the story. Apparently it’s working, because all the lefty’s here parrot those same talking points.

It’s the left who invents that narrative and they attribute EVERYTHING to racism, because they like to keep you all angry.

Racism exists in ALL walks of life, even on the left, but like 90% of all the stories the left comes up with are lies.

Racism exists because the Republicans have used it to get white people to vote against their own economic interests.

Nixon's "Law and Order" campaign and "Southern Strategy".
Reagan's "Welfare Queens" and "Young Bucks"
Bush Senior's "Willie Horton" ad
Jesse Helms "White Hands" ad
And of course, just about everything that comes out of Trump's filthy mouth. The man is practically channelling Hitler.

Wait, so you’re saying the immigration issue is a self perpetuating problem? We HAVE to bring in more illegals to fill the jobs that bringing in more illegals creates? Again, when does it end? When every citizen of Mexico resides inside the U.S.?

Again, they aren't really coming from Mexico right now. Since the GOP won't fix immigration laws to reflect reality, people are going to keep coming.

Uh, no…it was blue cities that were trying to lock everything down. Hell, you all demanded it, to flatten the curve. Don’t try to blame trump for something you all wanted in the first place.

I agree, nobody aspires to pick lettuce, and I agree, there probably aren’t enough people living where lettuce is grown to fill the job, but, exactly how many people are needed to pick lettuce? We brought in over 2 million illegals since Biden took office, I assure you, they are not all out there picking lettuce. Besides, most of the lettuce (prettt much all of it) that is grown in the U.S. comes from southern Utah or Southern California, a lot of it is grown IN MEXICO. Hell, most of our produce seems to come from Mexico these days.

By the way, the 11 million illegals number is BS, they been using that number for over a decade. The real number is estimated at 16-30 million, they really don’t even know.

The point was that the Blue Cities tried to flatten the curve; Trump sent armed goons to the state capitols because they couldn't go to Applebee's.

The fact that most of our produce comes from Mexico shows why "Shutting down the border" won't work.

We can easily absorb many of the asylum seekers, you just don't want them here because they will vote against you when they become citizens. Too bad for you.

The fact that you know that means that people in the government know that, and yet they let it happen. Again, it’s because a lot of these major corporations are political donors and so nobody wants to do anything about it. So Americans get shafted out of good jobs.

I guess. If you are so fucking useless that you are getting beaten for a job by Pradip who barely speaks the language, isn't that on you? Our problem is we aren't putting enough emphasis on STEM in our schools, so we graduate classes of dummies.

Ok, so, when did forum shopping become a thing? So, all these people coming from South America, aren’t they supposed to seek asylum in the next safe country? If it’s truly about government oppression, then getting out of there country to the next safe harbor…which would be Mexico, right? Yet, those folks, along with tens of thousands of Mexicans, each week, make their way to the U.S. border. Again, I ask, are we supposed to simply absorb anyone and everyone from around the world?

Which is the "next safe country" Certainly not Mexico, it's run by the cartels.

Hey, man, I feel your pain. Living in mortal fear a person of color might move in next door.

The U.S. has diplomatic relations with many of those countries, we send aid to them on a yearly basis. It would seem to be in the best interest if the U.S. were to be trying to achieve a diplomatic solution to the problem, by putting the screws to them if needs be, to stop their oppressive ways. The solution, however, is not to just absorb millions of people each year, that’s not sustainable.

Less than 1% of the Federal budget goes to foreign aid, and most of that goes to the Middle East.

Wait a second…we can get 2 million illegals from south and Central America in a year, who also have BS asylum claims, and you are peachy with that, yet one family from Germany tries it, and you are in an uproar…really?

And the German people being white is irrelevant, is Biden trying to import millions of German voters? No? Ok, so it’s a non issue.

The point went right over your head, Corky. This WHITE German family filed an utterly bullshit claim, yet 17 years later, we haven't kicked their asses back to the Fatherland, and we never will. (For the record, my own father was born in Germany and came over here as a baby. But back in those days, you could immigrate easily and get citizenship in four years.)

You all keep referring to race as the issue, but most people on the right will tell you they have NO problem with Mexican or “brown people” immigration, under 2 conditions: 1) they come here legally, and 2) they are not being imported with the intent on making them voters asap.

by the way, I hope your wife gets her asylum hearing soon, 8 years is a long time to wait, with you being married and all. But, that should be a thorn in YOUR side, because there are illegals showing up at the border who are probably getting ahead in line before your wife. That doesn’t anger you in the slightest?

First, have you read most of the wingnuts here? Most of them can't contain their racism. Just read posts by Hector12 or Lisa558 or a few others. They aren't even bothering to hide it.

the reason why it's taken this long to resolve my wife's slam dunk case (she was arrested for attending an underground church meeting) was because Trump and Miller dismantled the asylum apparatus. We have less than 1500 people to sort through millions of asylum claims. It's a moot point in her case, being married to a citizen allows her to skip the line, as long as I can prove it's a real marriage.

It’s never going to happen. There was a lot of wars back in those days, conquest and all that.

I’m not a historian but…wasn’t the land from Mexico ceded by treaty? And we paid Mexico a lot of money to acquire the land that is now California?

Um, no, we just stole it from them in an unjust war. The only thing we legally purchased was the Gadsen Purchase, and Mexico was so outraged by that they finally threw Santa Anna out of office.

Sure you would, if those were potential Republican voters…the left would have already shut the border by now. We know this because of what Biden did with the Cubans, who are supposedly generally conservative in their point of view.

If anyone wants to come to this country the right way, we welcome them, that’s great, but the cats out of the bag, most people already know the lefts goal here, which is why most people push back on it.

Oh, bullshit. You guys have been pushing back on immigration reform as far back as 2007 when George W. Bush (an almost sensible Republican) supported Kennedy-McCain to reform immigration processes. You just don't want any brown people, period. Too bad for you, they are still coming.

Well, first, it's going to be years if these people are allowed to vote, if ever. Their children are going to remember who tried to fuck over their parents, though. You kind of did this to yourselves.

Um, yeah, that's why Jeb Bush purged thousands of black people from the rolls. That's why DeSatan pulled a fast one after his state voted to restore felon voting rights. (He said their sentences weren't complete until they also paid court costs.) That's why they keep pushing for voter ID, because they know poor people of color are less likely to have a current ID. Look, man, I get it. When you are the white grievance party, you don't want the darkies voting.

I had to look this one up, and it wasn't just Cubans. It was Cubans, Venezuelans, Haitians, and Nicaraguans. In short, he's trying to do what you guys claim you want, which is to limit them to legal channels.

Oh, bullshit. The Republicans talk a big game, but I can't name a single time they took the side of working people over the investor class, and neither can you.

Racism exists because the Republicans have used it to get white people to vote against their own economic interests.

Nixon's "Law and Order" campaign and "Southern Strategy".
Reagan's "Welfare Queens" and "Young Bucks"
Bush Senior's "Willie Horton" ad
Jesse Helms "White Hands" ad
And of course, just about everything that comes out of Trump's filthy mouth. The man is practically channelling Hitler.

Again, they aren't really coming from Mexico right now. Since the GOP won't fix immigration laws to reflect reality, people are going to keep coming.

The point was that the Blue Cities tried to flatten the curve; Trump sent armed goons to the state capitols because they couldn't go to Applebee's.

The fact that most of our produce comes from Mexico shows why "Shutting down the border" won't work.

We can easily absorb many of the asylum seekers, you just don't want them here because they will vote against you when they become citizens. Too bad for you.

I guess. If you are so fucking useless that you are getting beaten for a job by Pradip who barely speaks the language, isn't that on you? Our problem is we aren't putting enough emphasis on STEM in our schools, so we graduate classes of dummies.

Hey, man, I feel your pain. Living in mortal fear a person of color might move in next door.

Less than 1% of the Federal budget goes to foreign aid, and most of that goes to the Middle East.

The point went right over your head, Corky. This WHITE German family filed an utterly bullshit claim, yet 17 years later, we haven't kicked their asses back to the Fatherland, and we never will. (For the record, my own father was born in Germany and came over here as a baby. But back in those days, you could immigrate easily and get citizenship in four years.)

First, have you read most of the wingnuts here? Most of them can't contain their racism. Just read posts by Hector12 or Lisa558 or a few others. They aren't even bothering to hide it.

the reason why it's taken this long to resolve my wife's slam dunk case (she was arrested for attending an underground church meeting) was because Trump and Miller dismantled the asylum apparatus. We have less than 1500 people to sort through millions of asylum claims. It's a moot point in her case, being married to a citizen allows her to skip the line, as long as I can prove it's a real marriage.

Um, no, we just stole it from them in an unjust war. The only thing we legally purchased was the Gadsen Purchase, and Mexico was so outraged by that they finally threw Santa Anna out of office.

Oh, bullshit. You guys have been pushing back on immigration reform as far back as 2007 when George W. Bush (an almost sensible Republican) supported Kennedy-McCain to reform immigration processes. You just don't want any brown people, period. Too bad for you, they are still coming.

Not if the democrats have anything to say about it. If it were up to them, they’d have amnesty and full voting rights tomorrow, if they could.

As far as their children remembering, I’m sure they will, but I also hope they remember WHY it all happened…because their parents illegally entered the country. I’m sure you’re right though, they’ll get their amnesty and grow up to be Republican hating voters…so I guess the democrat plan is really the long game.

Um, yeah, that's why Jeb Bush purged thousands of black people from the rolls

In reading this article, it appears the voter purge was based on felons and also an actual case of voter fraud in Miami, and yes, it did disproportionately affect African Americans, but that doesn’t mean THAT is the reason why he did it. Show me any proof anywhere that bush said “let’s purge voter roles to get rid of black voters”. It was a felon purge. Now, if you want to make an argument that the felon population of Florida is made up of a lot of black peope, then that’s a different argument, but it doesn’t appear to be relevant to the purge.

That's why they keep pushing for voter ID, because they know poor people of color are less likely to have a current ID.

That’s wrong. Another leftist fairy tale. It’s about making sure voters are legal and eligible, not about race.

Also, I find it ironic that I’ve heard you leftys say these illegals should have an ID card, hell, most states will issue them a drivers license, yet for some reason, it’s impossible to get voter ID cards for citizens.

Look, man, I get it. When you are the white grievance party, you don't want the darkies voting.

Again, a fairy tale. There is no “white grievance” party, but there IS a party who uses racism as a weapon to try and demonize their opponents. Your leftist media has been pushing the race card for many years, and you all have bought into it, and it’s not because you’re gullible, but because you WANT to believe that.

In just about every allegation the left makes about the right when it comes to their stance on race, it’s almost always their opinion and theory, but never backed up by evidence. Just like the examples you posted about the voter purge.

Imagine that…when the left does it, it’s because “they need to go through legal channels”, but when the right does it, it’s because “they are racist brown hating white people!”. You really just proved what I’m talking about. You change the story when it benefits you.

More than likely, it’s because the group included Cubans, which don’t vote like you do.

Racism exists regardless of any other outside factor, but it’s only as prominently in the public eye as it is because it’s all the left can talk about. Everything they say and do is filtered through the lens of racism. Again, you all have weaponize it for political purposes.

What exactly is broken about our immigration system? We have a process, you apply for citizenship and if granted, congratulations! Welcome to America! If you show up and try to cross illegally, you are supoosed to be deported back to your country.

The left wants to “fix” the immigration system for the purpose of bringing in voters, pure and simple. If it weren’t for that, if all these illegals tended to vote Republican, that border would have been secured long ago.

With every post, you further admit the reason why you push for illegal immigration. At least you’re honest about the fact of why you want them here.

The truth is, it wouldn’t matter if they voted Republican, it would still be wrong. If you’ll notice, when I talk about Biden turning away the Cubans, you never heard me say that Biden SHOULD have let them in, but rather, you hear me arguing about the reasons why he didn’t.

You just ignore the real issue. There are 2 reasons why it’s a problem. 1) because if they hire illegals, they can often do so at a cheaper rate, which drives down wages and 2) this whole DEI push by dems means that company’s will be incentivized to hire people based on their skin color, which means Americans won’t be losing jobs because “padrip” can barely speak English but because it the way dems are engineering it.

The point is, when seeking asylum, you can’t just travel the world in order to choose the US as your destination. The next safe country is the one where the government isn’t oppressive or persecuting. Cartels don’t have influence over all of Mexico, there are places where they can go and still not be affected by them.

Once again, using race as a weapon. At no point have you heard me mention their skin color as a problem. YOU are the one bringing up skin color, as lefty’s often do. I’ve only ever said anything about their legal status. But, like all lefty’s, you have to interject that racism element to try and demonize people. I don’t care what skin color you have, are you here legally? Are you using the proper channels to get here? Ok then, you’re good..

Ok…still we need to work with these countries to help them make their country a place where their citizens want to stay, not just move all of them to the U.S.

The point went right over your head, Corky. This WHITE German family filed an utterly bullshit claim, yet 17 years later, we haven't kicked their asses back to the Fatherland, and we never will.

Again, you cite race as the determining factor. Show me where thats the case. You ASSUME it’s because they are white…you have no idea. There are probably thousands of cases just like his, from many other nationalities. Another example of you trying to equate everything with race.

First, have you read most of the wingnuts here? Most of them can't contain their racism

I’ve never denied racism exists, but here on USMB, by and large, it’s the left who talks about race, you all try to interject it into just about every argument. What makes it worse is that most of you gaslight yourselves by assuming everything is about race. Even when the argument doesn’t have anything to do with it, you all try to add it to the conversation.

Still, we are a country now, we have borders, we have laws, and what happened back in the 1800’s is not a reason to ignore those laws today. I mean, are you really suggesting we should cede 1/4 of the United States back to Mexico?

Oh, bullshit. You guys have been pushing back on immigration reform as far back as 2007 when George W. Bush (an almost sensible Republican) supported Kennedy-McCain to reform immigration processes.

As many bills do because the two sides can’t agree

You just don't want any brown people, period. Too bad for you, they are still coming.

Are they coming legally? Then great, if not? Then no. You lefty’s just can’t help yourselves. You are convinced that it’s about racism. Your lefty media people definitely have their hooks in you.

Not if the democrats have anything to say about it. If it were up to them, they’d have amnesty and full voting rights tomorrow, if they could.

As far as their children remembering, I’m sure they will, but I also hope they remember WHY it all happened…because their parents illegally entered the country. I’m sure you’re right though, they’ll get their amnesty and grow up to be Republican hating voters…so I guess the democrat plan is really the long game.

Again, only you are hung up on the "illegally entering", they aren't going to care.

In reading this article, it appears the voter purge was based on felons and also an actual case of voter fraud in Miami, and yes, it did disproportionately affect African Americans, but that doesn’t mean THAT is the reason why he did it. Show me any proof anywhere that bush said “let’s purge voter roles to get rid of black voters”. It was a felon purge. Now, if you want to make an argument that the felon population of Florida is made up of a lot of black peope, then that’s a different argument, but it doesn’t appear to be relevant to the purge.
Except Bush didn't just purge felons, he purged anyone who had a similar name to a felon. And yes, the people purged were disproportionately black.

The point is, when seeking asylum, you can’t just travel the world in order to choose the US as your destination. The next safe country is the one where the government isn’t oppressive or persecuting. Cartels don’t have influence over all of Mexico, there are places where they can go and still not be affected by them.

Sure you can. The law makes no distinction about travelling through other countries. There is no "next safe country" rule. You show up in the US, you ask for asylum, and youget a hearing, period.

I’ve never denied racism exists, but here on USMB, by and large, it’s the left who talks about race, you all try to interject it into just about every argument. What makes it worse is that most of you gaslight yourselves by assuming everything is about race. Even when the argument doesn’t have anything to do with it, you all try to add it to the conversation.

If these were white people trying to get in, we wouldn't be having the conversation.

Still, we are a country now, we have borders, we have laws, and what happened back in the 1800’s is not a reason to ignore those laws today. I mean, are you really suggesting we should cede 1/4 of the United States back to Mexico?

Naw, but we also should recognize the past wrong.

Forum List

Back