Day Fourteen and Counting: Major Networks refuse to report on Climategate

Hmmmm....perhaps these networks are waiting for the FACTS to come out in the case, as opposed to jumping to conclusions that suit their agenda? Maybe?
Yeah...Like they did with their wall-to-wall coverage of Watergate?

Or maybe they're busy waiting until all the "facts" come in, like Dan Rather did?

:rolleyes:

"Few academics outside those directly snared in the e-mail exchanges are defending or downplaying what happened. Asking a scientist to "delete any e-mails you may have had with Keith [Briffa] re [the United Nation's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's Fourth Assessment Report]" is really asking someone to destroy evidence. The "trick of adding in the real temps to each series ... to hide the decline [in temperature]" means just that: hiding data that disproves one's position. Even most scientists can understand that is wrong. "

EDITORIAL: Global-warming fraud harms science - Washington Times
I like this one:
"The attitudes revealed in the e-mails do not look good. The tribalism that some of the leaked e-mails display is something more usually associated with social organization within primitive cultures; it is not attractive when we find it at work inside science."

Don't worry. I ain't been holding my breath.

Oh wait, I forgot, its Bush's fault doncha know???? It should get some coverage now.

Hmmmm....perhaps these networks are waiting for the FACTS to come out in the case, as opposed to jumping to conclusions that suit their agenda? Maybe?

Or maybe they're busy waiting until all the "facts" come in, like Dan Rather did?

"Few academics outside those directly snared in the e-mail exchanges are defending or downplaying what happened. Asking a scientist to "delete any e-mails you may have had with Keith [Briffa] re [the United Nation's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's Fourth Assessment Report]" is really asking someone to destroy evidence. The "trick of adding in the real temps to each series ... to hide the decline [in temperature]" means just that: hiding data that disproves one's position. Even most scientists can understand that is wrong. "

I receive a regular mailing of devleoping news items and opinion from the Wall Street Journal. The following is excerpted from a statement by Climatologist Richard Lindzen:

This has harsh implications for the credibility of science generally. Hard science, alongside medicine, was one of the few things left accorded automatic stature and respect by most untrained lay persons. But the average person reading accounts of the East Anglia emails will conclude that hard science has become just another faction, as politicized and "messy" as, say, gender studies. The New England Journal of Medicine has turned into a weird weekly amalgam of straight medical-research and propaganda for the Obama redesign of U.S. medicine.

The East Anglians' mistreatment of scientists who challenged global warming's claims—plotting to shut them up and shut down their ability to publish—evokes the attempt to silence Galileo. The exchanges between Penn State's Michael Mann and East Anglia CRU director Phil Jones sound like Father Firenzuola, the Commissary-General of the Inquisition.
For three centuries Galileo has symbolized dissent in science. In our time, most scientists outside this circle have kept silent as their climatologist fellows, helped by the cardinals of the press, mocked and ostracized scientists who questioned this grand theory of global doom. Even a doubter as eminent as Princeton's Freeman Dyson was dismissed as an aging crank.

The Global Warming Fanatics waved bye bye to logic & reason a long time ago. There is very little Science involved with these cult kooks. My God,people should have known this was a gigantic scam when a guy who claimed he created the Internet got behind it. What the H*LL is wrong with people? Yikes!

I like this one:
"The attitudes revealed in the e-mails do not look good. The tribalism that some of the leaked e-mails display is something more usually associated with social organization within primitive cultures; it is not attractive when we find it at work inside science."

I know the quick answer to this question, but just for a moment, let's stipulate that there are a number of intelligent if misguided folks on the other side of the aisle, why are they not demanding full coverage of the story?

Shouldn't this be a matter of honor for them?

The reason nobody is interested is because FOX jumped on it. It was DOA. Inevitable.

The reason nobody is interested is because FOX jumped on it. It was DOA. Inevitable.

If Fox covers it, it must be the lead story. The video may not be correct, but its the lead story

"BOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!" "FOX NOOOOOOOOOOZ!!!" Man how tired is that chit? Too bad that B.S. wont be enough for you next time around. I don't think people are going to buy that tired chit in 2010 & 2012. Hey have fun though.

I've had no trouble finding information on the event.
In fact, I've learned enough to know that East Anglia's Climate Research Unit data is one of three major sources for similar data. Of the three, their data reflects the LEAST amount of warming of the three. A fact the deniers rallied around - until they decided the data was "tainted."

The coverup of climategate by the liberal media and even fox news only shows how media behaves like the ministry of truth. Would they have reported this story if they have found the emails themselves? I really doubt and quite frankly our political world resembles a Brave New World.

I've had no trouble finding information on the event.
In fact, I've learned enough to know that East Anglia's Climate Research Unit data is one of three major sources for similar data. Of the three, their data reflects the LEAST amount of warming of the three. A fact the deniers rallied around - until they decided the data was "tainted."

I wonder why when you take the manipulations out of the data that it shows no substantial change whatsoever. Why would the data they took show no change but the others, according to you, show way more warming?

"scientists global warming" - CBS News Week&beginStartDate=20091127&endStartDate=&tag=narrow

It's been all over the CBS news website. Need I check NBC and ABC, or can we consider this nonsense

case closed?
Websites aren't the broadcast outlets, who are making all the play over Tiger Woods' marital problems....But you already knew that.

It's been on every cableNEWs network.

I doubt that Katie Couric did many stories on the fudged up global warming denial studies funded by the likes of Exxon either.

The coverup of climategate by the liberal media and even fox news only shows how media behaves like the ministry of truth. Would they have reported this story if they have found the emails themselves? I really doubt and quite frankly our political world resembles a Brave New World.

I must have hallucinated the story on this i heard this morning on MSNBC, since no one is doing stories on it.:lol:

Forum List

Back