Daryl Hall smacks down Salon.com

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
"Academia? Now, there’s a hotbed of idiocy!”

Pow!!! Right in the chops....and he's 100% correct. :)

Don’t Ask The Question .........If You’re Not Prepared for the Answer.

The crazies at Salon.com have become some of the most enthusiastic proponents of the 'Cultural Appropriation' bandwagon, piloted by the left on behalf of racist blacks and hispanics. But one interviewer walked right into a buzz saw spouting this nonsense recently in an interview with singer Daryl Hall of Hall and Oats...

One of the current debates is over “cultural appropriation” – The idea that white people should not appropriate the culture of ethnic and racial minorities. I know that you don’t like the term “blue eyed soul.” Have you followed this conversation?

"Are you trying to say that I don’t own the style of music that I grew up with and sing? I grew up with this music. It is not about being black or white. That is the most naive attitude I’ve ever heard in my life. That is so far in the past, I hope, for everyone’s sake. It isn’t even an issue to discuss. The music that you listened to when you grew up is your music. It has nothing to do with “cultural appropriation.”

I agree with you, but…

"I’m glad that you do, because anyone who says that should shut the fuck up."

Well, this entire critique is coming back…

"I’m sorry to hear it. Who is making these critiques? Who do they write for? What are their credentials to give an opinion like that? Who are they?"

Much of it is academic.

"Well, then they should go back to school. Academia? Now, there’s a hotbed of idiocy!"

Diogenes' Middle Finger: Don’t Ask The Question .........If You’re Not Prepared for the Answer.

:lol:

In this day and age its kinda of dumb to discuss this with whites but in the past whites frequently appropriated music from Blacks and made money while Black people got the short end of the stick.

bitch-slap-o.gif

The crazies at Salon.com have become some of the most enthusiastic proponents of the 'Cultural Appropriation' bandwagon, piloted by the left on behalf of racist blacks and hispanics. But one interviewer walked right into a buzz saw spouting this nonsense recently in an interview with singer Daryl Hall of Hall and Oats...

One of the current debates is over “cultural appropriation” – The idea that white people should not appropriate the culture of ethnic and racial minorities. I know that you don’t like the term “blue eyed soul.” Have you followed this conversation?

"Are you trying to say that I don’t own the style of music that I grew up with and sing? I grew up with this music. It is not about being black or white. That is the most naive attitude I’ve ever heard in my life. That is so far in the past, I hope, for everyone’s sake. It isn’t even an issue to discuss. The music that you listened to when you grew up is your music. It has nothing to do with “cultural appropriation.”

I agree with you, but…

"I’m sorry to hear it. Who is making these critiques? Who do they write for? What are their credentials to give an opinion like that? Who are they?"

Much of it is academic.

"Well, then they should go back to school. Academia? Now, there’s a hotbed of idiocy!"

Diogenes' Middle Finger: Don’t Ask The Question .........If You’re Not Prepared for the Answer.

Wow! This is a real game changer!

In this day and age its kinda of dumb to discuss this with whites but in the past whites frequently appropriated music from Blacks and made money while Black people got the short end of the stick.
yeah, tell that to John Fogerty. LOL.

wikipedia"
excerpt:
" Fogerty says that he was unable to write music during this period of his life, primarily due to stresses from ongoing financial and legal difficulties with Fantasy Records. Although Fogerty was signed to Asylum in North America, Fantasy continued to hold rights to his records for the rest of the world; unwilling to allow the label to continue to profit from any new material, in 1980 he managed to terminate his contract with the record company by forgoing any future sales royalties on all of the music he produced with CCR, a deal which inevitably cost him millions of dollars, but which he says restored his peace of mind."

wikipedia"
excerpt:
" Fogerty says that he was unable to write music during this period of his life, primarily due to stresses from ongoing financial and legal difficulties with Fantasy Records. Although Fogerty was signed to Asylum in North America, Fantasy continued to hold rights to his records for the rest of the world; unwilling to allow the label to continue to profit from any new material, in 1980 he managed to terminate his contract with the record company by forgoing any future sales royalties on all of the music he produced with CCR, a deal which inevitably cost him millions of dollars, but which he says restored his peace of mind."
Why would my post be of interest to Fogerty?

wikipedia"
excerpt:
he's a white guy who got screwed over. So it wasn't limited to blacks and therefore suggests that contracts were bad.

wikipedia"
excerpt:
he's a white guy who got screwed over. So it wasn't limited to blacks and therefore suggests that contracts were bad.
So you were saying "me too"? Who said white guys didnt get screwed over? The point is the appropriation of music by white singers to the detriment of Black singers was an issue.

So let's take away everything the negro has 'appropriated' from White culture.
Let's start with the fucking WHEEL and move forward.
If the negro race had all of Whitey's inventions taken away they would be living like they did a thousand years ago.
Fucking eating each other.

wikipedia"
excerpt:
So you were saying "me too"? Who said white guys didnt get screwed over? The point is the appropriation of music by white singers to the detriment of Black singers was an issue.
just like it was for any color person. My point. So go cry a river somewhere else. It was bad contracts period. proven by just that one by Fogerty. I'm sure he regrets his.

So let's take away everything the negro has 'appropriated' from White culture.
Let's start with the fucking WHEEL and move forward.
If the negro race had all of Whitey's inventions taken away they would be living like they did a thousand years ago.
Fucking eating each other.
White culture didnt invent the wheel. No Black person ever took a white invention and made money off of it while the white person got nothing.

wikipedia"
excerpt:
just like it was for any color person. My point. So go cry a river somewhere else. It was bad contracts period. proven by just that one by Fogerty. I'm sure he regrets his.
No dummy. No Black person stole Fogertys music and made a mint.

I agree with you, but…

Much of it is academic.

Wow! This is a real game changer!

Magnanimous Even! Has anyone found out what A-Ha had to say on the topic?

Forum List

Back