Dante changed his profile info

nascar? You watch that?

Not really, but the women I went to the races with is from Oklahoma and she likes them, though neither of us knew what the heck was going on that day. :lol:

I had recently moved from Boston to Long Beach, CA and the woman I was with befriended me online after seeing a blog I put up with an ad for help relocating. The fact that I knew a bit about Leon Russell (an Okie) cinched it.

what a world, what a world

nascar? You watch that?

Not really, but the women I went to the races with is from Oklahoma and she likes them, though neither of us knew what the heck was going on that day. :lol:

I had recently moved from Boston to Long Beach, CA and the woman I was with befriended me online after seeing a blog I put up with an ad for help relocating. The fact that I knew a bit about Leon Russell (an Okie) cinched it.

Leon Russell huh? :eusa_think: Been a fan of his since his first record.

As I remember everybody who moves to Cali is an "Okie" though. That's what they called me and I wasn't even doing my Leon impression.

yoursign-dante_zps4afb47b1.jpg
:D

nascar? You watch that?

As I remember everybody who moves to Cali is an "Okie" though. That's what they called me and I wasn't even doing my Leon impression.

One of my favorite Leon Russell live albums (remember Albums?) was actually recorded down the street from my first apt in Long Beach, something my friend was not even aware of. :laugh2: Lots of Okies here. Lots.

nascar? You watch that?

One of my favorite Leon Russell live albums (remember Albums?) was actually recorded down the street from my first apt in Long Beach, something my friend was not even aware of. :laugh2: Lots of Okies here. Lots.
You poor dear..I am Okie born, but don't admit it...

nascar? You watch that?

I had a GF who was from Tulsa, knew all those people, yet I had to turn her on to the Asylum Choir records.

nascar? You watch that?

I had a GF who was from Tulsa, knew all those people, yet I had to turn her on to the Asylum Choir records.
Ahh, Asylumn and Shelter ...

I met Leon in the early 1990s, in a club in western Massachusetts, in Dykesville. :lol: Walked in a very small club after seeing a tiour bus outside and hearing music. When I get in I barely look when his voice rings out. Later he stood next to me at the bar. Cool guy.

Friend of mine who is a classical violinist had a similar experience, but he didn't even know who Leon was. He also said Leon was the coolest dude he ever met

nascar? You watch that?

I met Leon in the early 1990s, in a club in western Massachusetts, in Dykesville. :lol: Walked in a very small club after seeing a tiour bus outside and hearing music. When I get in I barely look when his voice rings out. Later he stood next to me at the bar. Cool guy.

Friend of mine who is a classical violinist had a similar experience, but he didn't even know who Leon was. He also said Leon was the coolest dude he ever met

I think my favorite story is Cher at 2:07...

I think my favorite story is Cher at 2:07...

like Glen Campbell. Leon was spectacular

"Leon, just play that shit you did in Oklahoma..they don't know nothing here."

Forum List

Back