My Cousin Ran A MAGAT Out Of A Cafe Without Even Trying

So Mayor Adams is a Republican? The Mayor of Denver? The Mayor of Boston? You're not the brightest bulb on the tree, Marc...just saying!
Why didn't Trump and his Republicans pass a bill to fix it once and for all when he was President?

This is a Republican issue, they're the ones who keep spouting about how immigration is a problem.

Why didn't they fix it?!?!?!
The House approved a bill 9 - 10 months ago on immigration .. yet it still sits on Schumer's desk. Then there was the next push for an immigration bill that would have not done anything to secure the border, which Republicans rejected (and rightly so).

Sorry .. the buck stops with ol' Joe .. and his administration continues to litigate against states and that are attempted to better secure their border and lessen the invasion of illegals that biden pretty much invited over.

The House approved a bill 9 - 10 months ago on immigration .. yet it still sits on Schumer's desk. Then there was the next push for an immigration bill that would have not done anything to secure the border, which Republicans rejected (and rightly so).

Sorry .. the buck stops with ol' Joe .. and his administration continues to litigate against states and that are attempted to better secure their border and lessen the invasion of illegals that biden pretty much invited over.
Why didn't Trump and his Republicans pass a bill to fix it once and for all when he was President?

Democrat resistance .. like something as simple as building a border wall and securing it. Stay in Mexico policies to keep the asylum seekers out of the country until their court hearing. 50+ executive orders on illegal immigration, border security, immigration enforcement, travel restrictions etc .. All of Trump's EOs were nullified on day 1 of the biden administration.

Democrat resistance .. like something as simple as building a border wall and securing it. Stay in Mexico policies to keep the asylum seekers out of the country until their court hearing. 50+ executive orders on illegal immigration, border security, immigration enforcement, travel restrictions etc .. All of Trump's EOs were nullified on day 1 of the biden administration.
Trump had all three branches of government, which he used to pass massive tax cuts for the mega rich w/no problem.

Why didn't he take care of immigration as well?

Trump had all three branches of government, which he used to pass massive tax cuts for the mega rich w/no problem.

Why didn't he take care of immigration as well?
There were roughly 2.1 million illegals apprehended between 2017 - 2020 .. a problem. This is less than ol Joe has had in the past 6 months, and is now hitting home at a community level with constituent voters.

The failure is due to several reasons .. internal divisions, competing priorities with policy and democrat opposition as the minority with enough votes to filibuster any legislative attempt -- which is why Trump went the executive order route.

Now .. why is the biden administration allowing an invasion, suing states to prevent security measures to secure the border, continuing to support sanctuary cities to harbor illegals and allowing hundreds of thousands of illegals to be released?

Trump addressed the border with Executive Orders, Marc. He had the border under control and was working to secure the border despite efforts by the Democrats to deprive him of the funds to do so! His methods worked. So why was Joe Biden's very first action as President to do away with all of Trump's EO's on the border?

My cousin, let's call him "Mikey", was in a diner where you can make chit chat with anyone.

He asked a guy near his table who he was rooting for in the Super Bowl.

The guy, let's call him "Dave", said he didn't care, but he quickly changed the subject to politics and to how bad a shape the country was in.

Cousin Mikey asked in what way? Dave said because of all the migrants that were coming in, for one.

Mikey then asked him why the GOP won't vote for Biden's border bill. "Dave" said it was a bad bill.

Mikey: "What's bad about it?"

Dave: It was too costly.

Mikey: Then why doesn't the GOP come up with its own bill?

Dave: Because the Dems will not let them.

Mikey: Then why didn't the GOP create and pass their own bill when they had control of all 3 branches?

Dave: The GOP had never controlled all three branches.

Mikey: They had, during the first 2 years of Trump's term, 2016 - 2018. "Do you agree?"

Dave: Absolutely not.

Mikey: Give me a moment to look up the info on my cell.

Dave then get's up, seemingly to the bathroom, but he'd fled the premises!

Why, if he was so sure??
  • Note: MAGAT stands for Make America Great Again Trumper
What's with all the random bold type?

My cousin, let's call him "Mikey", was in a diner where you can make chit chat with anyone.

He asked a guy near his table who he was rooting for in the Super Bowl.

The guy, let's call him "Dave", said he didn't care, but he quickly changed the subject to politics and to how bad a shape the country was in.

Cousin Mikey asked in what way? Dave said because of all the migrants that were coming in, for one.

Mikey then asked him why the GOP won't vote for Biden's border bill. "Dave" said it was a bad bill.

Mikey: "What's bad about it?"

Dave: It was too costly.

Mikey: Then why doesn't the GOP come up with its own bill?

Dave: Because the Dems will not let them.

Mikey: Then why didn't the GOP create and pass their own bill when they had control of all 3 branches?

Dave: The GOP had never controlled all three branches.

Mikey: They had, during the first 2 years of Trump's term, 2016 - 2018. "Do you agree?"

Dave: Absolutely not.

Mikey: Give me a moment to look up the info on my cell.

Dave then get's up, seemingly to the bathroom, but he'd fled the premises!

Why, if he was so sure??
  • Note: MAGAT stands for Make America Great Again Trumper
/——/ I love a good fairy tale with my morning coffee. Thanks.

Trump addressed the border with Executive Orders, Marc. He had the border under control and was working to secure the border despite efforts by the Democrats to deprive him of the funds to do so! His methods worked. So why was Joe Biden's very first action as President to do away with all of Trump's EO's on the border?
So Executive Orders is the desired way to handle the immigration problem, is that what you're suggesting?

Forum List

Back