Dammit!

He asks one guard that if he were to ask the guard if the door leads to freedom, would that guard answer yes. The truthful guard will give one answer, yes, if it is the freedom door. If the guard is the liar, he will give one answer - yes. He must lie about the answer he would have given - a lie of no - not about the door.

If the truthful guard is guarding the death door, he will answer no. If the liar is guarding it, he will answer no as well, as he must lie about the answer he would have given (a lie of yes).

Affirmative is the door to freedom. Negative is the door to death.

Last edited:
He asks one guard that if he were to ask the guard if the door leads to freedom, would that guard answer yes. The truthful guard will give one answer, yes, if it is the freedom door. If the guard is the liar, he will give one answer - yes. He must lie about the answer he would have given - a lie of no - not about the door.

If the truthful guard is guarding the death door, he will answer no. If the liar is guarding it, he will answer no as well, as he must lie about the answer he would have given (a lie of yes).

Two affirmatives is the door to freedom. Two negatives is the door to death.

That's close enough.

He asks either guard "If I ask the other guard which door is the door to freedom which door will he say?"

No matter who he asks the answer he gets will be the door to death so he choose the opposite and gains his freedom.

Two affirmatives is the door to freedom. Two negatives is the door to death.

That's close enough.

He asks either guard "If I ask the other guard which door is the door to freedom which door will he say?"

No matter who he asks the answer he gets will be the door to death so he choose the opposite and gains his freedom.
That works.

We are suppose to get snow tomorrow, I am so sick of god damn snow. If we get as much snow as we did last year I am seriously thinking about moving.:(

It's supposed to be El Nino this year throughout the winter. That normally means milder weather depending on it's intensity, not sure if it will hold true for N America this time but I remember one El Nino year, I wore shorts on Christmas day.

El Niño's impacts depend on a variety of factors, such as intensity and extent of ocean warming, and the time of year. Contrary to popular belief, not all effects are negative. On the positive side, El Niño can help to suppress Atlantic hurricane activity. In the United States, it typically brings beneficial winter precipitation to the arid Southwest, less wintry weather across the North, and a reduced risk of Florida wildfires.

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - El Niño Arrives; Expected to Persist through Winter 2009-10

Move on over here the weather is great ....

why do I not believe you?

Beats me.

Here's a riddle for you.

A prisoner in ancient Rome is about to meet his fate. There are two doors next to each other in front of him. One leads to instant death and the other leads to freedom. The doors are guarded by one man each who know what is behind each door. One man always tells the truth and the other man always lies. The prisoner is allowed to ask the guard of his choice one question and one question alone to help him choose the correct door.

How does he ensure he chooses the right door to freedom?
He asked of one guard, "If I ask the other guard which door leads to freedom, what will he say?"

On edit:
Damn! I replied before reading page 2. You've already coached people into the answer. I heard that one when I was in grammar school...not to say that it's not a good riddle...but it is old as dirt.

Here's another...and I will not give any hints or the answer. All I will do is ring the bell when the correct answer shows up.

Here is the riddle:

What is the riddle that has no answer?

Last edited:
All the best ones are as old as dirt, we have to keep remembering them. I'm still trying to work out Zeno's Paradox. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. Put me down as dense. :redface:

We are suppose to get snow tomorrow, I am so sick of god damn snow. If we get as much snow as we did last year I am seriously thinking about moving.:(

It's supposed to be El Nino this year throughout the winter. That normally means milder weather depending on it's intensity, not sure if it will hold true for N America this time but I remember one El Nino year, I wore shorts on Christmas day.

El Niño's impacts depend on a variety of factors, such as intensity and extent of ocean warming, and the time of year. Contrary to popular belief, not all effects are negative. On the positive side, El Niño can help to suppress Atlantic hurricane activity. In the United States, it typically brings beneficial winter precipitation to the arid Southwest, less wintry weather across the North, and a reduced risk of Florida wildfires.

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - El Niño Arrives; Expected to Persist through Winter 2009-10
well lets hope you are right!
but does it do anything with systems coming out of the artic ocean and northwest canada which is where we usually get our snow from?

Last edited:
Move on over here the weather is great ....

why do I not believe you?

Beats me.

Here's a riddle for you.

A prisoner in ancient Rome is about to meet his fate. There are two doors next to each other in front of him. One leads to instant death and the other leads to freedom. The doors are guarded by one man each who know what is behind each door. One man always tells the truth and the other man always lies. The prisoner is allowed to ask the guard of his choice one question and one question alone to help him choose the correct door.

How does he ensure he chooses the right door to freedom?

To the lying guard:

Q: If I ask the other guard which door is the door to freedom which door will he say?
A: His (but it's a lie)

To the truthful guard:
Q: If I ask the other guard which door is the door to freedom which door will he say?
A: His (because he lies)

But the prisoner doesn't yet know which is which by his single question. Is this a "snow" job? :lol:

Forum List

Back