Daily Trimming of fingernails, toenails harmful to health - Research

jchima

Sep 22, 2014
The daily trimming of fingernails and toenails to make them more aesthetically pleasing could be detrimental and potentially lead to serious nail conditions.
This is according to researchers at the University of Nottingham who have devised equations to identify the physical laws that govern nail growth, and used them to throw light on the causes of some of the most common nail problems, such as ingrown toe nails, spoon-shaped nails and pincer nails.

- See more at: Daily Trimming of fingernails toenails harmful to health - Research - eReporter

Daily? I can't stand doing it weekly! The only reason I do is that I play guitar and they just get in the way.

The nail on the right hand middle finger has some defect in it that causes it to split if it gets more than 1/16 or so and get caught in the strings when I play finger style.

Clipping them real short is the only solution.

The daily trimming of fingernails and toenails to make them more aesthetically pleasing could be detrimental and potentially lead to serious nail conditions.

You know what could lead to even more detrimental conditions?

Mailing them to this honey right here, after you've clipped them:

5818157989_18575_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Never let ^ that gal ^ clip your nails or your hair.

Just sayin'. :badgrin:

This is according to researchers at the University of Nottingham who have devised equations to identify the physical laws that govern nail growth, and used them to throw light on the causes of some of the most common nail problems, such as ingrown toe nails, spoon-shaped nails and pincer nails.

- See more at: Daily Trimming of fingernails toenails harmful to health - Research - eReporter

"Serious nail conditions." I don't know where people find the will to go on with such traumatic ills. :)

Forum List

Back