DADT repeal: Question for Republicans/Conservatives.

If you are a conservative/republican, do you support the repeal of DADT?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I'm not a right winger but I don't want to be left out of the poll.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
So you would put yourself on the same plane as Major Hasan?

.....................................Do us all a favor and stay a civilian while your betters protect your freedoms.

>>>>

Dude, you could not be more wrong. I would edit your post but that gets me a warning. Here... let me fix it for you.

WorldwatcherSHOULDhavesaid said:
So you would put yourself on the same plane as Major Hasan?

.....................................Do us all a favor and go kill yourself. Thank every person who provides you the freedom to be an ignorant bigoted ass or just go die. Your choice.

Again.. that was not a quote, that was a mock quote and it is CLEAR that I didn't edit what he said.

Mike

You think you should kill yourself for what you said? WOW. I just asked that you stay a civilian and leave the defense of liberty to the rest of us. Don't be so hard on yourself.

>>>>

I'm sorry? I think you misunderstood. I was replying to bigfoot for you.

Mike

Thankfully when I was in the military we did not have any faggots serving that we knew about.

If we would have had a faggot in our unit.

" It " would have been the first casualty in the next firefight.. :cool:

The national stage needs more like you to step up to the microphone and speak loudly.

............................... Your actions would ensure passage by voter referendum of Same-sex Civil Marriage in all 50 states. :lol::lol:

>>>>

I doubt he was ever in the service. We don't shoot our own brother-in-arms. Asshole.
I am a Vietnam vet 1970-71

And yes we did kill some of our own soldiers.

Ever hear of Officers getting fragged? :doubt:

No moron. This isn't about "faggots" this is about discipline. The whole debate isn't about your feelings about sexuality, its not about what you are or are not comfortable with. If you're gay and in the military stfu, don't be a flamer, take a number and fit in. This debate isn't so that you can spread your hatred or filth, this is about uniformity and we lost a little of it on the 20th of september. You shouldn't morn "them" being in the military. You should morn the fact that uniformity, order and discipline took a huge hit. That is THE only reason to be upset about this one. It is also the only thing that matters.

Mike

So they should enact a sweeping DADT for homosexual AND heterosexuals?

Do you have any idea what that would do to those in service?

A degraded soldier is an ineffective soldier.

Yes they should enact DADT for everybody. I don't need to hear about your sexual conquests. Do you know how many problems exist in the military because of the rumor mill that is the dorm room? I've watched all kinds of disasters happen because some guy comes to work bragging about a chick he banged... mentions a name and it happens to be a girl in the next office. You want to talk about ineffective Airmen. Yep. THAT is how you make someone ineffective. You want to do it on your off duty time, what the hell ever. Don't do it at work. Same policy should be applied to everyone. Part of the problem is that we have this Facebook, everybody needs to be a celebrity frenzy where people invite everyone who clicks "accept" on an invite into their lives. The military, in case people have forgotten, is about conformity. That is what makes it work. This isn't like when you go get a job at your local IBM. You have everybody from a different background. You aren't put in with your best friend to do a job its a complete stranger. When you start talking about what makes you different you only invite problems. That's not what the happy shiny media wants us to believe, they want us to believe that the "diversity" of the military is what makes it great. Bullshit. What makes the military different is that people aren't different. You come to work and it doesn't matter which "c" word you have, or if you're ugly or tall or skinny, blonde hair, black hair... the system doesn't care. You come in you work when you're told and how you're told. You spend the entire time grunting and complainging about it and how unfair it is. Then 10 years in you look at the "kids" coming in now and you realize the first 10 wasn't really that bad. You then realize that at 18-24 you were doing things other people dream about and when the flag goes up and down every day that it represents you because you represented it. While you are being groomed you never understand why you get up at the butt crack of dawn, work long hours when there "isn't a need". It isn't until you supervise a few people that you understand why all of that happens. Ultimately you as a supervisor have to take care of your troops. That is what you are supposed to do. You take care of them personally, you deal with their life problems etc, but the system doesn't care. Encouraging people to "voice their differences" only encourages preferential treatment. A policy against preferential treatment? Good luck. ENCOURAGE people to not talk about their differences. Kids need to learn to STFU publically and take their problems in private. Stop spreading all of your shit because it only comes back to haunt you. I've watched it happen so many times. This isn't about gay/straight or morality. This is about conformity.

Telling people to stfu about their personal life doesn't "degrade" them, it keeps them from doing something stupid while they are young and dumb. It allows you to accomplish the mission while kids learn to wipe their collective asses without spreading their shit all over the walls.

Mike

Were you married while you were in the service? You seem to have a very harsh view on life as a person in service. Ideas work like that if you only follow orders, but if you have to give them you have to understand that the people who are taking them are humans just like you.

You try sending troops who are low on moral into combat and watch what happens. That's about as effective as throwing a wet rag at the enemy.

Our Military is as sharp as they are because of how well they are treated and how well they are trained. They are in top shape mentally and physically.

I could care less either way.
They draw more attention to themselves than is needed and I do not doubt that some will die from friendly fire.

The national stage needs more like you to step up to the microphone and speak loudly.

............................... Your actions would ensure passage by voter referendum of Same-sex Civil Marriage in all 50 states. :lol::lol:

>>>>

I doubt he was ever in the service. We don't shoot our own brother-in-arms. Asshole.

You can explain to a military tribunal why you are a murderer.

You appear to have absolutely no understanding of how a modern military works. We don't shoot each other and we don't leave men behind. No matter HOW WE FEEL ABOUT THEM PERSONALLY.

You appear to have absolutely no understanding of how a modern military works. We don't shoot each other and we don't leave men behind. No matter HOW WE FEEL ABOUT THEM PERSONALLY.
You dainty REFM types think that you have all of the answers. :lol: :cuckoo:

Last edited:

This right here people. This is what happens when you give a gun to a murderer.

Yes they should enact DADT for everybody. I don't need to hear about your sexual conquests. Do you know how many problems exist in the military because of the rumor mill that is the dorm room? I've watched all kinds of disasters happen because some guy comes to work bragging about a chick he banged... mentions a name and it happens to be a girl in the next office. You want to talk about ineffective Airmen. Yep. THAT is how you make someone ineffective. You want to do it on your off duty time, what the hell ever. Don't do it at work. Same policy should be applied to everyone. Part of the problem is that we have this Facebook, everybody needs to be a celebrity frenzy where people invite everyone who clicks "accept" on an invite into their lives. The military, in case people have forgotten, is about conformity. That is what makes it work. This isn't like when you go get a job at your local IBM. You have everybody from a different background. You aren't put in with your best friend to do a job its a complete stranger. When you start talking about what makes you different you only invite problems. That's not what the happy shiny media wants us to believe, they want us to believe that the "diversity" of the military is what makes it great. Bullshit. What makes the military different is that people aren't different. You come to work and it doesn't matter which "c" word you have, or if you're ugly or tall or skinny, blonde hair, black hair... the system doesn't care. You come in you work when you're told and how you're told. You spend the entire time grunting and complainging about it and how unfair it is. Then 10 years in you look at the "kids" coming in now and you realize the first 10 wasn't really that bad. You then realize that at 18-24 you were doing things other people dream about and when the flag goes up and down every day that it represents you because you represented it. While you are being groomed you never understand why you get up at the butt crack of dawn, work long hours when there "isn't a need". It isn't until you supervise a few people that you understand why all of that happens. Ultimately you as a supervisor have to take care of your troops. That is what you are supposed to do. You take care of them personally, you deal with their life problems etc, but the system doesn't care. Encouraging people to "voice their differences" only encourages preferential treatment. A policy against preferential treatment? Good luck. ENCOURAGE people to not talk about their differences. Kids need to learn to STFU publically and take their problems in private. Stop spreading all of your shit because it only comes back to haunt you. I've watched it happen so many times. This isn't about gay/straight or morality. This is about conformity.

Telling people to stfu about their personal life doesn't "degrade" them, it keeps them from doing something stupid while they are young and dumb. It allows you to accomplish the mission while kids learn to wipe their collective asses without spreading their shit all over the walls.

Mike

Were you married while you were in the service? You seem to have a very harsh view on life as a person in service. Ideas work like that if you only follow orders, but if you have to give them you have to understand that the people who are taking them are humans just like you.

You try sending troops who are low on moral into combat and watch what happens. That's about as effective as throwing a wet rag at the enemy.

Our Military is as sharp as they are because of how well they are treated and how well they are trained. They are in top shape mentally and physically.

I was married, now divorced. Single dad, sole custody. Yes indivdiuals deal with individuals. I get that. Policy should not. I agree about morale, that's why people should STFU. I've just seen too much drama happen.

People don't perform well in combat because of how well they are treated. They perform well in combat because they understand that something is bigger than how they are being treated.

Mike

Last edited:

Mike

I was married, now divorced. Single dad, sole custody. Yes indivdiuals deal with individuals. I get that. Policy should not. I agree about morale, that's why people should STFU. I've just seen too much drama happen.

People don't perform well in combat because of how well they are treated. They perform well in combat because they understand that something is bigger than how they are being treated.

Mike

Hmm...you do have a point.

If DADT is the only way to go it should apply to all sides of the equation.

"Gun"?? :eek:

No one in the service refers to it as a gun.

Which makes me doubt that you have ever served a day in your life.

Or were one of the Homo's kicked out because of DADT :lol:

btw It's called a "rifle" fag boy.

Mike

Hmm...you do have a point.

If DADT is the only way to go it should apply to all sides of the equation.

I'm fine with that. I've been saying that forever.

Let me pose his as an example. If you have a TS clearance but you can't keep your sex life to yourself.... um... In fact, if you are incapable of keeping your sex life between your partner(s) and your friend(s)... if you feel the need to tell people about your sex life... if you cannot sacrifice that "right"... are you in the right line of work?

Mike

No moron. This isn't about "faggots" this is about discipline. The whole debate isn't about your feelings about sexuality, its not about what you are or are not comfortable with. If you're gay and in the military stfu, don't be a flamer, take a number and fit in. This debate isn't so that you can spread your hatred or filth, this is about uniformity and we lost a little of it on the 20th of september. You shouldn't morn "them" being in the military. You should morn the fact that uniformity, order and discipline took a huge hit. That is THE only reason to be upset about this one. It is also the only thing that matters.

Mike

Mike

You realize that DADT for everyone would mean:

1. No Housing allowance for dependents for Soldiers, Sailors, and Airman who are married without children as they would have to declare that they were married.

2. No wedding rings.

3. No pictures of wives on desks, bed headboards, or visible in lockers.

4. No military marriages in base Chapels.

5. No accompanied tours overseas where the member can bring his/her spouse.

6. No additional weight allowance for being married when you PCS to move furniture and belongings for two.

7. No travel for the wife when on orders.​

Those are the realities of DADT for everyone.

>>>>

Last edited:
Sex wasn’t the issue, it is a small part of what it is to be gay, as with heterosexuals.

The US military is now in compliance with the Constitution, and everyone should be in support of that, regardless his political ideology.

God Dammit. You need to read the constitution. There is no right to serve in the Military. There is no right to be gay and be part of a protected class. I don't care if you are gay or straight, personally but at least be literate if you are going to write about the constitution.

Mike

there is no right to serve in the military.

but there is a right to not be discriminated against if you do.

or do you think those mean liberal judges shouldn't have forced the military to desegregate either?

Apple, Orange? Meet one another. Now lets compare.

Mike

"Gun"?? :eek:

No one in the service refers to it as a gun.

Which makes me doubt that you have ever served a day in your life.

Or were one of the Homo's kicked out because of DADT :lol:

btw It's called a "rifle" fag boy.

Thanks for proving my point.
If your point was to prove to the board that you are a lying retard.

Then you have succeeded. :lol:

If I had to serve in wartime with the sick bastards I shoot them myself.

Thankfully when I was in the military we did not have any faggots serving that we knew about.

If we would have had a faggot in our unit.

" It " would have been the first casualty in the next firefight.. :cool:

That's a fact. Not to mention they would have their ass kicked regularly. Sick, perverted bastards.

God Dammit. You need to read the constitution. There is no right to serve in the Military. There is no right to be gay and be part of a protected class. I don't care if you are gay or straight, personally but at least be literate if you are going to write about the constitution.

Mike

there is no right to serve in the military.

but there is a right to not be discriminated against if you do.

or do you think those mean liberal judges shouldn't have forced the military to desegregate either?

Apple, Orange? Meet one another. Now lets compare.

Mike

not apple/orange except to people who want it to be.

thanks anyway, mike.

Mike

You realize that DADT for everyone would mean:

1. No Housing allowance for dependents for Soldiers, Sailors, and Airman who are married without children as they would have to declare that they were married.

2. No wedding rings.

3. No pictures of wives on desks, bed headboards, or visible in lockers.

4. No military marriages in base Chapels.

5. No accompanied tours overseas where the member can bring his/her spouse.

6. No additional weight allowance for being married when you PCS to move furniture and belongings for two.

7. No travel for the wife when on orders.​

Those are the realities of DADT for everyone.

>>>>

that is the HONEST truth.

Forum List

Back