DADT repeal: Question for Republicans/Conservatives.

If you are a conservative/republican, do you support the repeal of DADT?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I'm not a right winger but I don't want to be left out of the poll.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Great, now we have gay guys able to openly check out straight guys.

Hey, Crypat, do you think the soldiers Major Rogers sacrificed his life to save cared that he was gay?

I dont see anything in the Wiki on him that asserts he saved anyones life. Could you explain that claim? I would like to know more about this guy.

Alan G. Rogers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you think they would rather be dead than serve with a homosexual?

I dont think hardly anyone knew. Do you have any proof the soldiers he served with knew he was homosexual?

Crypat, do you consider Major Rogers a hero?

Anyone that is willing to die for their country is a hero to some degree, even commies and Nazis could be heroes to their own nation in a time of war.

That does not mean that Rogers should have been serving anymore than a guy who faked an eye exam and managed to get in should.

This isnt about hating on homosexuals for most of us (I think) as it is an assertion that the military needs people who are not homosexual to serve instead of homosesuals.

Hey, Crypat, do you think the soldiers Major Rogers sacrificed his life to save cared that he was gay?

I dont see anything in the Wiki on him that asserts he saved anyones life. Could you explain that claim? I would like to know more about this guy.

Alan G. Rogers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you think they would rather be dead than serve with a homosexual?

I dont think hardly anyone knew. Do you have any proof the soldiers he served with knew he was homosexual?

Crypat, do you consider Major Rogers a hero?

Anyone that is willing to die for their country is a hero to some degree, even commies and Nazis could be heroes to their own nation in a time of war.

That does not mean that Rogers should have been serving anymore than a guy who faked an eye exam and managed to get in should.

This isnt about hating on homosexuals for most of us (I think) as it is an assertion that the military needs people who are not homosexual to serve instead of homosesuals.

He was a soldier first, and that was clear when Army Maj. Alan G. Rogers was buried at Arlington National Cemetery with full military honors. Rifles were fired. A bugler played taps. An Army chaplain said the decorated officer would be remembered as "one of the heroes of history."

Rogers, 40, was killed by a makeshift explosive device in Baghdad on Jan. 27 while in a Humvee. "As God would have it," his commanding officer wrote to his family in a letter, "he shielded two men who probably would have been killed if Alan had not been there."

Rogers was a military intelligence officer who had worked at the Pentagon, served in the Persian Gulf War and was on his second tour in Iraq. When he was killed, he was attached to the 4th Infantry Division as part of a team that was embedded with and trained Iraqi soldiers.

"What an exceptional, brilliant person -- just well-spoken and instantly could relate to anybody," Col. Thomas Fernandez, his commanding officer in Iraq, said in an interview. "He had a gift. He was unlike anybody I've met before."

I'll take his Commander's word over Wiki.

Army Officer Remembered as Hero

All sexuality belongs in the closet and private. It's no one else's damned business.

Sex wasn’t the issue, it is a small part of what it is to be gay, as with heterosexuals.

The US military is now in compliance with the Constitution, and everyone should be in support of that, regardless his political ideology.

God Dammit. You need to read the constitution. There is no right to serve in the Military. There is no right to be gay and be part of a protected class. I don't care if you are gay or straight, personally but at least be literate if you are going to write about the constitution.

Mike

All sexuality belongs in the closet and private. It's no one else's damned business.

Sex wasn’t the issue, it is a small part of what it is to be gay, as with heterosexuals.

The US military is now in compliance with the Constitution, and everyone should be in support of that, regardless his political ideology.

God Dammit. You need to read the constitution. There is no right to serve in the Military. There is no right to be gay and be part of a protected class. I don't care if you are gay or straight, personally but at least be literate if you are going to write about the constitution.

Mike

You are correct, there is no right to serve in the military. It is a privilege. However, having one group of people serving under one set of rules and another group serving under a different set of rules IS why a Federal Judge ruled DADT unconstitutional. THAT does NOT pass the constitutional smell test.

Mike

You are correct, there is no right to serve in the military. It is a privilege. However, having one group of people serving under one set of rules and another group serving under a different set of rules IS why a Federal Judge ruled DADT unconstitutional. THAT does NOT pass the constitutional smell test.
Nor does a thousand other things that the military does on a regular basis. You lose your right to a trial by jury, freedom of speech and are subject to another set of laws that essentially say that you can be killed for anything. You fail to understand that the privileges within the constitution are simply not afforded to those that stand up to protect it. Period. You might think that there is some vaunted right for fair hiring in the military but that is complete bullshit. If the military feels that you do not belong there then you do not belong there. There is open and admitted sexual discrimination in the military right now and there is nothing that is going to be done about it because it is a necessity for the military to operate, period. This case is no different.

Personally, I think the president should have told the federal judge to pound sand because the judicial branch has no business dictating what polices that the military follows. That is under the executive branch. Then again, when congress passed DADT, the president should have said the same thing. Again, they have no right to be establishing military policy. When Obama wanted DADT gone, all it should have taken was a simple order given by him. Done, that is all that there is to it. Unfortunately, everyone seems to think that they have a right to dictate what the military does. It is bullshit.

Mike

Nor does a thousand other things that the military does on a regular basis. You lose your right to a trial by jury, freedom of speech and are subject to another set of laws that essentially say that you can be killed for anything. You fail to understand that the privileges within the constitution are simply not afforded to those that stand up to protect it. Period. You might think that there is some vaunted right for fair hiring in the military but that is complete bullshit. If the military feels that you do not belong there then you do not belong there. There is open and admitted sexual discrimination in the military right now and there is nothing that is going to be done about it because it is a necessity for the military to operate, period. This case is no different.

Personally, I think the president should have told the federal judge to pound sand because the judicial branch has no business dictating what polices that the military follows. That is under the executive branch. Then again, when congress passed DADT, the president should have said the same thing. Again, they have no right to be establishing military policy. When Obama wanted DADT gone, all it should have taken was a simple order given by him. Done, that is all that there is to it. Unfortunately, everyone seems to think that they have a right to dictate what the military does. It is bullshit.

The military was placed under civilian rule for a reason. Congress DOES have the "right" (and the authority in the Constitution) to "dictate" what the military does. (This is pretty basic stuff)

All military members, thanks to Congress and President Obama, now serve under the exact same rules and regulations...as it should be and not just because anything else would be unconstitutional, but because it is the right thing to do.

The repeal of the DADT was a sad day for America.

It's sickening that we now depend on faggots to defend our nation. :doubt:

You are out of line with that BS

But you might want to explain why it is successful in other forces.

Take your time, bigotry needs room.

Forum List

Back