DADT repeal: Question for Republicans/Conservatives.

If you are a conservative/republican, do you support the repeal of DADT?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I'm not a right winger but I don't want to be left out of the poll.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
The repeal of the DADT was a sad day for America.

It's sickening that we now depend on faggots to defend our nation. :doubt:

You are out of line with that BS

But you might want to explain why it is successful in other forces.

Take your time, bigotry needs room.

Successful? Because everyone fears the vaunted french army right? The british have been so relevant for the last 50 years... oh... wait. Look, I cannot speculate on whether it will be the downfall of our military or not... I can say that you should not make points without thinking them just a little further than that because there is exactly ONE military in the world that strikes fear in the hearts of the world. 20 Sept 2011 they changed the landscape.

I will tell you that I think this is part of the freefall of the military and that we probably are on the tail end of our military dominance. The DADT repeal isn't the reason, it is a symptom. It is another example of the lack of good order and discpline we are experiencing in the military. This isn't a civilian job where you get to question orders or "talk about your feelings". You're gay? Who cares? I don't want you to come out. I won't want you to stay in. Don't like gay jokes? I don't like redneck jokes. I listen to them. I hate momma jokes. My mom died of cancer. I listen to them. I'm in the fucking military. This isn't elementary school. The enemy doesn't care about your feelings or who you fuck. If you like cookie or bananna they don't care. They want to shoot you. The guy next to you doesn't care either. People fight in the military. I can't tell you how many fights have been covered up in the military. Tell me. The first time a guy who's openly gay gets the shit beat out of him do you think that's not going to make him a poster boy for all of the rainbow organizations in the country? Next we're going to institute strict "no fighting" policies in the military. Time out cards? Stress cards? What the fuck is wrong with you people? We don't need more time outs, we don't need more hugs and we don't need more sexuality in the military.

The reason behind the whole DADT was that everyone is the same. In the military, you're not gay, you're a number. You're not straight, you're a number. 10 years ago in the military if you came in talking about some pokemon or something stupid you probably would have gotten your ass beat. Now... we have an MEO policy.

The civilians should stay the fuck out of the military and what the military does. Go enjoy your freedom, enjoy you lives and ignore what goes on behind our closed doors. Morons.

Mike

This is the second time that you have insinuated that the military is failing. I would like to see some examples of why you think that the force today is in so much worse shape than it was in the past.

Successful? Because everyone fears the vaunted french army right? The british have been so relevant for the last 50 years... oh... wait. Look, I cannot speculate on whether it will be the downfall of our military or not... I can say that you should not make points without thinking them just a little further than that because there is exactly ONE military in the world that strikes fear in the hearts of the world. 20 Sept 2011 they changed the landscape.

I will tell you that I think this is part of the freefall of the military and that we probably are on the tail end of our military dominance. The DADT repeal isn't the reason, it is a symptom. It is another example of the lack of good order and discpline we are experiencing in the military. This isn't a civilian job where you get to question orders or "talk about your feelings". You're gay? Who cares? I don't want you to come out. I won't want you to stay in. Don't like gay jokes? I don't like redneck jokes. I listen to them. I hate momma jokes. My mom died of cancer. I listen to them. I'm in the fucking military. This isn't elementary school. The enemy doesn't care about your feelings or who you fuck. If you like cookie or bananna they don't care. They want to shoot you. The guy next to you doesn't care either. People fight in the military. I can't tell you how many fights have been covered up in the military. Tell me. The first time a guy who's openly gay gets the shit beat out of him do you think that's not going to make him a poster boy for all of the rainbow organizations in the country? Next we're going to institute strict "no fighting" policies in the military. Time out cards? Stress cards? What the fuck is wrong with you people? We don't need more time outs, we don't need more hugs and we don't need more sexuality in the military.

The reason behind the whole DADT was that everyone is the same. In the military, you're not gay, you're a number. You're not straight, you're a number. 10 years ago in the military if you came in talking about some pokemon or something stupid you probably would have gotten your ass beat. Now... we have an MEO policy.

The civilians should stay the fuck out of the military and what the military does. Go enjoy your freedom, enjoy you lives and ignore what goes on behind our closed doors. Morons.

Mike

This is the second time that you have insinuated that the military is failing. I would like to see some examples of why you think that the force today is in so much worse shape than it was in the past.

If I tell you that all of this "diversity" and "individualism" that we are teaching the kids today (in the military) is hurting comradery and you don't understand then I don't know that I can possibly explain it. It doesn't mean we're losing a war tomorrow or anything. It does mean we are losing ground. Our technical superiority is not as far ahead as it was 5 years ago. What happens when our tech is no longer world class?

Mike

Mike

If I tell you that all of this "diversity" and "individualism" that we are teaching the kids today (in the military) is hurting comradery and you don't understand then I don't know that I can possibly explain it. It doesn't mean we're losing a war tomorrow or anything. It does mean we are losing ground. Our technical superiority is not as far ahead as it was 5 years ago. What happens when our tech is no longer world class?

Mike

Mike
No, you can't explain it because it is not true. I know because I just got home from it. I am there and this bullshit about our military somehow not being as good as it has been in the past is utter bullshit. By a long shot.

I will say again - we have an all volunteer military. That alone says volumes about the current situation in the military. We are able to fight anywhere across the planet, currently embroiled in two wars, carrying our multiple campaigns in many countries and yet we still have an all volunteer force. One that is more capable than ever before.

As far as tech goes - you are blind if you do not realize how far ahead of the rest of the world we are. We have the capability to put an aircraft in the air within the US, refuel it in our airspace, then let it go to hit 180 separate targets ANYWHERE on the entire face of the planet within 12 inches of accuracy and return home without even the remote possibility that it will be shot down. And that is with tech that is 30 years old. I won't even get into the tech in our F-22 and JSF that is public not to mention the volumes about those A/C that are secret. Our tanks best anything that the world has to offer. We have better planes than anyone else by light-years and a war will never again be won without control of the skies. Some of the things that our navy is doing is right out of Star Trek. They are using laser based weaponry and our submarines are completely unmatched. What, pray tell, do you see that ANY other country has that even comes close to our current arsenal?

The repeal of the DADT was a sad day for America.

It's sickening that we now depend on faggots to defend our nation. :doubt:

Mike

are you really that fucking stupid, you needed to bring up the french army. Now you are going to tell me what the service is all about after serving 6 in the infantry.

My god you dont get any fucking smarter as we go along do you?

What problems with gays has Israel had? You do know gays serve right?

Now when ever you feel froggy enough to meet me in person we can discuss getting your ass beat,.

You know what's funny? There was all of this talk about "END DADT". How come nobody who was championing that was also championing "Let people who disagree with that out of the military"?

Each person that enlisted and each Officer that incurs obligated service knows in advance that Congress can change the rules and it is part of the original contract.
LOL. This is funny at best. Like I said. This is bow down to a minority for political purposes.

I spent 20-years in the military and helped integrate two different squadrons with females.

I was firmly against it at first because, well these sea going billets had always been male territory and women just wouldn't be able to perform up to snuff. I won't relate the individual sea stories of my journey but fairly quickly I came to understand it's was a matter of personal honor, courage, and commitment concerning these new individuals. I came to understand that it mattered not one wit whether your were a squatter or a pointer when it came to taking a piss and completing the mission. There were women that didn't work out because they weren't committed to being the best, of course there were men that didn't work out because they weren't committed to being the best. But when you were committed to the mission, then it didn't matter if you were male or female.

Did we bow down to "minorities" when integration was ordered for colored service members in the 50's? Yes. Is the diversity and equal opportunities for blacks in the military a good thing? Yes.

Did we bow down to "minorities" when integration was ordered for female service members in the 90's for most roles? Yes. Is the diversity and equal opportunities for females in the military a good thing? Yes.

About 70% of the American people supported the repeal of DADT so in this case it is not the "minority" opinion.

Screw anyone who doesn't like it.

No desire to "screw anyone", if you don't want to serve with homosexuals don't serve. Resign your commission or get out at the end of your enlistment.

DADT was repealed in December 2010 so people knew it was coming. I haven't heard of any drop in recruitment rates, have you? I haven't head of any sharp increase in separation rates at end of obligated service, have you? I haven't heard of mass exodus of officers resigning their commissions, have you?

Sure there will be a few, but coming draw-down from a two country war and budget cuts the number of service members in the military will be going down anyway.

Glad people like yourself who aren't affected by this are good with it.

I spent 20-years in the military so I guess I have a little more respect in the ability of my brothers and sisters to be able to act like adults.

And my daughter is currently in the military.

So ya, me and my family are affected by this.

Officers serve at the pleasure of the President, and as long as they don't have obligated service (for ROTC, advanced school, promotion, etc...) they can resign their commission at any time. So far I haven't hear of mass resignations in the Officer ranks.

>>>>

Of course you haven't. Do you think people who can end it at any time are going to say "I'm doing it because I don't like gay people?"

Mike

If they are ending their military service and/or career because they are unwilling to service in accordance with the terms they agreed to, your damn straight I think they would be shouting from the rooftops "I'm doing it because I don't like gay people?" of course they would say it differently, probably along the lines of "I'm doing it because I don't like serving with gays because of my religious beliefs".

I think they would be more than happy to play the victim card.

>>>>

Last edited:

Mike

Mike

Mike
You don't have to explain it. You just have to prove it.

So far, you haven't.

But now its the 'poor' transgender freaks that are living in fear of being kicked out, lol.

Transgendered people can't join the military or transition while serving. Until there is some sort of scientific advancement in gender reassignment, it is unlikely that they would be able to join since the medical regiment required for a post operative transsexual is not conducive to military service.

The homosexuals are all about politics and advancing their 'community' interests. They could not give a flip less what happens to this nation as long as they get what they want.

Naturally I cannot speak for all gays and lesbians, but I can speak for the people I know personally and you couldn't be more wrong. We care a great deal for this nation...which is why we fight so hard to have an equal voice and an equal place in it. Gay and lesbian service members want to help defend this great nation under the EXACT SAME rules and regulations that heterosexuals serve under. Now they get to.

Let's play your game...obviously you don't care about this nation if you are willing to have the US Military lose a qualified, trained soldier (that we just spent thousands of dollars training) because you don't like the consenting adult he sleeps with. You are willing to waste millions of dollars so you can pretend you don't know someone is gay.

Last edited:
Again, under DADT, only about 600-1200 people a year were discharged for being gay. More people were discharged for being overweight, getting pregnant, or having back problems.

Most of the ones who were either people who figured out that the military was a lot harder work than their recruiters told them it was, and outed themselves, or people who were absolute dirtbags the miltiary wanted to be rid of.

So all Obama did was make it harder to get rid of the yardbirds.

Again, under DADT, only about 600-1200 people a year were discharged for being gay. More people were discharged for being overweight, getting pregnant, or having back problems.

Most of the ones who were either people who figured out that the military was a lot harder work than their recruiters told them it was, and outed themselves, or people who were absolute dirtbags the miltiary wanted to be rid of.

you mean yardbirds like Dan Choi?

Lt. Dan Choi - Discharged Under Don't Ask Don't Tell - Arabic Linguist. Iraq War Veteran. West Point Graduate. Army Infantry Officer. Gay... Fired... And Re-Enlisting!

or like katherine miller?

Lesbian West Point Cadet Resigns Over Don't Ask Don't Tell - ABC News

I think what is funny is that DADT was Clinton policy and now liberals think it was a terrible law after they championed it under Clinton. It was just the first step to an "integrated" military.

I'll tell you who did not champion DADT...gays in the military. We were promised repeal. End of policy...gays not being discharged...you know, what we have now.

DADT was sold as a compromise, but it changed absolutely nothing for the serving gays and lesbians. They could still be discharged if anyone found out...whether we told or not. The policy didn't stop ANYONE from asking and they sure as hell didn't get discharged if they did. The fear, the witch hunts...none of it stopped.

Sorry, but I just don't recall a lot of "championing" of this by liberals. Democratic politicians may have tried to "silver lining" their crap-ass compromise, but everyone knew we got thrown firmly under the bus on DADT.

Lt. Dan Choi - Discharged Under Don't Ask Don't Tell - Arabic Linguist. Iraq War Veteran. West Point Graduate. Army Infantry Officer. Gay... Fired... And Re-Enlisting!

As anyone who reads can tell I have no problem with the repeal of DADT and have the utmost respect for those in uniform and fully believe that our men and women in uniform will act as professionals with honor, courage, and commitment. The reality is that there will be a few minor "created" incidents (from both sides of the issue) but in the long term it will turn out to be anti-climatic.

In regards to Ex-Lt. Dan Choi he (and co-protesters) should have been charged under the UCMJ Article 92 (failure to obey a lawful order or regulation) for his wearing of the uniform while chaining himself to the White House fence. Ex-Lt. Choi appears (IMHO) to be more motivated by political activism instead of a true desire to serve. Because the Army choose to not charge him under the UCMJ and turn the case over to local courts, it's unlikely that he would be barred from attempting to rejoin the military, where if he had had an UCMJ Felony conviction he would not be eligible for enlistment.

And don't be confused, this is my opinion about ex-Lt. Dan Choi the individual, and NOT ex-Lt. Dan Choi the homosexual, being able to serve. This is a post againt ex-Lt. Dan Choi the political activist that used the uniform as a manner of protest in violation of the Uniform Regulations of the United States Army against wearing the uniform while participating in political protests.

While I fully respect right as a private citizen to protest a cause he believes in, that belief does not exempt him from the law.

>>>>

Last edited:

You are comparing qualified individuals to those that could not meet the physical requirements of the job. Apples/Oranges...

You are basing this on? I don't think you've provided a single ounce of evidence that backs up your supposition.

In my 20 year career I knew six people discharged for "homosexual conduct". Only one of them told their command so that they would be discharged. This individual did not out themselves because they didn't like serving, but because their partner had been transferred 3,000 miles away and it was the only way they could be together. None of the others wanted to get out.

"Dirtbags" will still be discharged without DADT, but we will STOP losing qualified soldiers, at a cost of $52,000 per person, for no other reason than the consenting adult they kiss goodnight (or just fuck...I don't judge...just be safe, boys).

It's too late for the 14,346 that were discharged from 1993 to now, but maybe some of them are still young enough to re-enlist. I know Lt. Dan Choi, who was mentioned above, has said he planned to.

In regards to Ex-Lt. Dan Choi he (and co-protesters) should have been charged under the UCMJ Article 92 (failure to obey a lawful order or regulation) for his wearing of the uniform while chaining himself to the White House fence. Ex-Lt. Choi appears (IMHO) to be more motivated by political activism instead of a true desire to serve. Because the Army choose to not charge him under the UCMJ and turn the case over to local courts, it's unlikely that he would be barred from attempting to rejoin the military, where if he had had an UCMJ Felony conviction he would not be eligible for enlistment.

And don't be confused, this is my opinion about ex-Lt. Dan Choi the individual, and NOT ex-Lt. Dan Choi the homosexual, being able to serve. This is a post againt ex-Lt. Dan Choi the political activist that used the uniform as a manner of protest in violation of the Uniform Regulations of the United States Army against wearing the uniform while participating in political protests.

While I fully respect right as a private citizen to protest a cause he believes in, that belief does not exempt him from the law.

>>>>

Concur. I don't agree with Lt Choi's tactics, but I honor his service and applaud his passion. We've all allowed our passions to override our good judgement at least once in our lives.

Last edited:

Well, Miller made her own choice. And since I didn't serve with Choi, I can't tell you what his service record was. He decided to make a political decision to come out on national TV. Obviously, up to that point, his superiors and subordinates didn't know he was gay.

My point, which you avoid, is that if we accept the gay advocates numbers that gays make up 10% of the population, then they should be discharging tens of thousands of people, not just the few hundred, most of whom out themselves to get a "Get out Army Free" card.

You are comparing qualified individuals to those that could not meet the physical requirements of the job. Apples/Oranges...

No, not at all. For instance, my big problem during my 11 years I was in was my weight after about my fifth year when I started "filling out". I dieted, excercised, etc, but had a difficult time staying under the arbitrary number of 195lbs for my height. Had absolutely NOTHING to do with how I did my job, because my job was essentially order things and keep track of things.

When I creeped up to 196, it had nothing to do with how I did my job, which was always excellent on my EER's.

Now, conversely, if a "standard" is there to meet a requirement, why are the standards different. Why do the men have to pass a much tougher APFT than the women do?

You are basing this on? I don't think you've provided a single ounce of evidence that backs up your supposition.

You mean other than being in for 11 years and seeing it happen a few times? That, you mean?

In my 20 year career I knew six people discharged for "homosexual conduct". Only one of them told their command so that they would be discharged. This individual did not out themselves because they didn't like serving, but because their partner had been transferred 3,000 miles away and it was the only way they could be together. None of the others wanted to get out.

"Dirtbags" will still be discharged without DADT, but we will STOP losing qualified soldiers, at a cost of $52,000 per person, for no other reason than the consenting adult they kiss goodnight (or just fuck...I don't judge...just be safe, boys).

Well, since you brought it up. I told you the story of how "Odd Todd", the gay dude in my squad got the shit beaten out of him because he couldn't keep his hands where they didn't belong. Well turns out old Todd was HIV positive, which means the guys he got into the fight with had to be tested for AIDS for years, as did the two female medics who came to patch him up. All of this was probably more of a burden on these people than the 52K we would have lost if we had just shitcanned him.

It's too late for the 14,346 that were discharged from 1993 to now, but maybe some of them are still young enough to re-enlist. I know Lt. Dan Choi, who was mentioned above, has said he planned to.

Well, since Choi was a political instigator, I think the military is well rid of him. (H/T to Wordwatcher for pointing that out.)

No, not at all. For instance, my big problem during my 11 years I was in was my weight after about my fifth year when I started "filling out". I dieted, excercised, etc, but had a difficult time staying under the arbitrary number of 195lbs for my height. Had absolutely NOTHING to do with how I did my job, because my job was essentially order things and keep track of things.

When I creeped up to 196, it had nothing to do with how I did my job, which was always excellent on my EER's.

Now, conversely, if a "standard" is there to meet a requirement, why are the standards different. Why do the men have to pass a much tougher APFT than the women do?

You mean other than being in for 11 years and seeing it happen a few times? That, you mean?

Well, since you brought it up. I told you the story of how "Odd Todd", the gay dude in my squad got the shit beaten out of him because he couldn't keep his hands where they didn't belong. Well turns out old Todd was HIV positive, which means the guys he got into the fight with had to be tested for AIDS for years, as did the two female medics who came to patch him up. All of this was probably more of a burden on these people than the 52K we would have lost if we had just shitcanned him.

Well, since Choi was a political instigator, I think the military is well rid of him. (H/T to Wordwatcher for pointing that out.)

Sounds to me like Karma in action. I think they fucked deserved to get AIDS for beating someone just because they didn't like them.

If there was a faggot soldier in my unit and we were in a fire fight and he got severely wounded with blood everywhere.

There is no way that I would risk my life by trying to put a field dressing on his wound and get his blood on me.

Because there is a high probability that being a Homo he would be HIV positive.

If there was not a medic available and I was alone with him.

I would just let him bleed out and die or shoot him in the head to put him out of his misery.

Either way he would just be another casualty of war and one less Homo infecting the world. :cool:

Last edited:
If there was a faggot soldier in my unit and we were in a fire fight and he got severely wounded with blood everywhere.

There is no way that I would risk my life by trying to put a field dressing on his wound and get his blood on me.

Because there is a high probability that being a Homo he would be HIV positive.

If there was not a medic available and I was alone with him.

I would just let him bleed out and die or shoot him in the head to put him out of his misery.

Either way he would just be another casualty of war and one last Homo infecting the world

You represent homophobes well.

Mike

are you really that fucking stupid, you needed to bring up the french army. Now you are going to tell me what the service is all about after serving 6 in the infantry.

My god you dont get any fucking smarter as we go along do you?

What problems with gays has Israel had? You do know gays serve right?

Now when ever you feel froggy enough to meet me in person we can discuss getting your ass beat,.

Nice kid. First, I'm in my mid thirties, I don't "get my ass beat". There is no fighting anymore. No need to prove I'm a bad ass either. If you are feeling froggy though, you're always welcome to test the validity of my CHL.

Second, the only thing worse than trying to be a tough guy is trying to be an internet tough guy.

Now that we're done with that...

About Israel. Actually nothing about Israel, I have a pretty strict no arguing with internet tough guys policy. You'll have to sit this one out.

Mike

Forum List

Back