Curriculum: If I Was In Charge

deaddude said:
Catholic School moved so much faster than that.

I read Dante in the fourth grade, did basic algebra in the 5th grade, did evolution in the fifth grade. Did stock market simulations in the 6th grade

After 6th grade I moved to a public Jr High. It was infuriating, I probably did not learn anything new (except in history courses) until about 9th grade.

Dante in fourth grade????? Are you sure you're not confusing the Inferno with something else? Any curriculum that has you read Dante in fourth grade is ridiculous. A fourth grader doesn't have the reading and analytical skills to give that text the merit it deserves.

liberalogic said:
Dante in fourth grade????? Are you sure you're not confusing the Inferno with something else? Any curriculum that has you read Dante in fourth grade is ridiculous. A fourth grader doesn't have the reading and analytical skills to give that text the merit it deserves.
Ahem, one can claim anything on a messageboard. Do we buy into, I think not.

My kindergarten covered human genome splicing on the first day. It's a very selective school.

liberalogic said:

I read it on my own, we got to choose books to read so long as they were at our grade level or above so I chose somthing from the Index (which was actually my fathers idea, wicked sense of humor). Granted I did not get the political insinuations, but I did undersatand alot of the mythological references. I read it again in the twelth grade if it makes you feel any better, was able to understand more of it.

Forum List

Back