Cultural exhaustion

Looks like to school empowered the angry students to protest. I wonder if that student was suspended for knocking down the American flag. (Ha ha. Chanel made a funny.)

YouTube - Mexican Students Knock U.S. Flag to the Ground

Did that girl just say "California is Mexico"? Check out around 2:17. "We are all Mexico. This is our country"

Wait a minute...this kind of mindset doesn't exist according to Ravi.

It's just one idiot.

I counted more then one.....on both sides.

Last edited:
And we don't need our teachers and administrators telling our kids they can't be patriotic.

You're pretty naive if you think these guys get dressed up like they were Sinko Day Mayo every day of the year, or even any other day of the year. Like 99% of everything teenagers do, it was to get attention.

We need school administrators to keep kids safe in school: That's what happened.

We need public administrators to secure borders: That's NOT what's happening.

and like most 'protests' they are only functional when the media cameras are rolling... unless they're organizing. Then the cameras are unwelcome and often catch their true feelings and desires.

like this.

And we don't need our teachers and administrators telling our kids they can't be patriotic.

You're pretty naive if you think these guys get dressed up like they were Sinko Day Mayo every day of the year, or even any other day of the year. Like 99% of everything teenagers do, it was to get attention.

We need school administrators to keep kids safe in school: That's what happened.

Three good points. But the rules should apply equally to all - rich, poor, smart, dumb, black, white, Hispanic, everybody. I graduated from one of the toughest schools in the country with the population separated into identifiable and not always compatible groups, but the teachers handled it. There is a fine line between attention getting and baiting, especially race baiting.

A T-shirt saying "I love Jews" is attention getting.
A T-shirt saying "I hate Jews" is race baiting.

T-shirts depicting the American flag or patriotism are attention getting.
T-shirts denouncing Mexicans or Cinco de Mayo are race baiting.

Good teachers know the difference between these two things and discipline the appropriate party who makes an issue of them.

Three good points. But the rules should apply equally to all - rich, poor, smart, dumb, black, white, Hispanic, everybody. I graduated from one of the toughest schools in the country with the population separated into identifiable and not always compatible groups, but the teachers handled it. There is a fine line between attention getting and baiting, especially race baiting.

Good teachers know the difference between these two things and discipline the appropriate party who makes an issue of them.

So, if I make a t-shirt with America and Mexico on it, clearly outlined, with America saying United States of America and Mexico saying Estados Unidos de Mexico..is that race baiting, or just a geography lesson?

Yes, I'm certain that an audience of 16-17 year olds would listen to this little lecture in rapt attention, and apply the moral lesson to their daily activities.

So, if I make a t-shirt with America and Mexico on it, clearly outlined, with America saying United States of America and Mexico saying Estados Unidos de Mexico..is that race baiting, or just a geography lesson?

I wouldn't see that as offensive. Would you?

Yes, I'm certain that an audience of 16-17 year olds would listen to this little lecture in rapt attention, and apply the moral lesson to their daily activities.

Um Samson...if you looked at those shirts...they were faded. Obviously the kids had worn them before.

Um Samson...if you looked at those shirts...they were faded. Obviously the kids had worn them before.

The point is really lost, if you think this is about shirts, or what is on shirts, or how old they may be.

If it incites a riot, then don't do it. PERIOD.

We're not gonna argue any first amendment rights, or any other bullshit with petulant teenagers. We're are going to prevent violence, and then if their pointy headed parents wanna bring Fox news down for us to 'splain why their little darlin's were asked to remove their costumes, then we'll apologise.

If 16 or 17-year-old kids were mentally and emotionally mature, they would have majority and wouldn't need to be under anybody's authority. Kids, even at that age, need to be TAUGHT what is appropriate and what isn't, and WHY it is appropriate or isn't appropriate, and the definitions of tolerance and understanding of everything, not just the PC stuff.

And teachers should reinforce that instruction by disciplining those who are inciting to riot and leaving alone those who are not. An American flag on a T-shirt in an American school is not inciting anything and the teachers should not cave in to those who want to make something negative out of it. For that matter neither is a kid wearing a Cinco de Mayo T-shirt inciting to riot any more than are those of us who wear green on St. Patty's day.

If it is the good guys who have to change their attire or methods because others resent it, we've got more problems than kids jawing at each other at school.

If it is the good guys who have to change their attire or methods because others resent it, we've got more problems than kids jawing at each other at school.

Good Point.

But not a point to be made to public school administrators.

Its a point to be made to your federal government whose non enforcement of border security promotes voilence in our schools.

Forum List

Back