Cultural exhaustion

CaféAuLait;2285553 said:
He bravely wore the shirt on Cinco de Mayo knowing it might provoke something and NOW he's afraid to go to school? Sounds fishy to me. I hope I am wrong but it sounds iike a set up for a lawsuit. Proud Americans or gold digges?

Rather than mimick the clarvoyant parroting troll, I'll GUESS what happened:

Some kids, being naturally idiotic, thought it would be hilarious to taunt the overwhelming majority of students who were celebrating sinko day mayo. To add fuel to the fire, they decided to wear US flag colors, then claim that they should be able to get away with inciting the school because a bunch of gullible morons, Dittoheads, and Fox News Devotees would agree with the premise: Red, White and Blue are AMERICAN Colors, that anyone should be able to wear anywhere, despite the fact that a riot may ensue.

The AVP noticed the growing unrest, solved the problem, and averted the potential for disaster.

Now the little idiots are the Darlings of the Gullible, who have absolutely no idea what the laws governing school administration or what the PRIMARY responsibilities of the AVP are.

That's one guess another could be that these kids have slowly seen every holiday stripped from school celebration and were annoyed that this holiday was allowed to be celebrated. I do not know but the act of wearing an American flag in an American school should not have such dire consequence IMO.

Could be right. Kids have been known to "get annoyed" for much less.

Which is WHY the ADMINISTRATOR is IN LOCO PARENTIS.

CaféAuLait;2285559 said:
CaféAuLait;2285545 said:
Why should such provoke death and bomb threats? Why should an AMERICAN citizen be offended by seeing their flag of their country of residence? If the boys had worn French Flags I might be able to understand some animosity.

Because they are all idiots?

Shit if I was the AVP, I might have let them all kill each other right there in the cafeterial.

I am glad I am not the lunch lady! :eek:

Oh, I wouldn't have let you get hurt: I'd need someone to clean up the blood and gore.

CaféAuLait;2285559 said:
Because they are all idiots?

Shit if I was the AVP, I might have let them all kill each other right there in the cafeterial.

I am glad I am not the lunch lady! :eek:

Oh, I wouldn't have let you get hurt: I'd need someone to clean up the blood and gore.

No worries, I’ve teamed up with the 'League of Librarians' and the 'Cyborg Substitutes'. :

lunch-lady-release-072809.jpg

:cool:

Sooner or later we're going to have to stand up and say enough is enough of this stuff folks. Or everybody is going to be dictating how we should live except us.

I agree with you.

But the "Battleground" shouldn't be in Public Schools.

It should be in the legislature.

Sooner or later we're going to have to stand up and say enough is enough of this stuff folks. Or everybody is going to be dictating how we should live except us.

I agree with you.

Seems they've made sure it's everywhere.

So we have to stop it wherever it raises it's ugly head.

Can't sit meekly by and allow it to go on.

I agree with you.

Is "it everywhere?"

During the last decade, I haven't noticed the Feds Focusing any Laser Beam of Attention on "it."

Maybe you're right: Maybe we need a blood-and-gore filled High School Cafeteria of Rioting 16-17 year old kids to get their fuckin' attention. After all, they let Al queda roam free until a fuckin' PLANE flew into the pentagon. They let Wallstreet steal everyone blind until we've all gone broke.

Threads Merged.

if they are allowed to wear it any other day...they should have been allowed yesterday...why do americans even do this holiday?

It's not even a holiday, and hardly recognized in Mexico at all. It's nothing more than a reason for people to eat tacos and drink Corona.

This happening in America has got to stop. The day some shit like that happens to me, there's going to be dead people, and if I'm one of them, so be it. The day some mother fucker tells me I can't wear red, white and blue in my country, is the day the war starts for me. These fucking illegal aliens have just about used up their last straw as far as I'm concerned. I'm all for rounding the cock suckers up, putting them in holding camps and deporting their ass. Solve the fucking problem in one short and sweet motion, and make sure any new ones thinking they're going to sneak back across the border know that if they do so, they'll get a one way trip with others like them to 30,000' in a C-130 Hercules, lined with stainless steal and nothing to hang on to, then open the back door and do a max climb and dump their asses out.

Yeah, now... what was that about you want me to take off my American flag shirt again mother fucker?

I agree with you.

Is "it everywhere?"

During the last decade, I haven't noticed the Feds Focusing any Laser Beam of Attention on "it."

Maybe you're right: Maybe we need a blood-and-gore filled High School Cafeteria of Rioting 16-17 year old kids to get their fuckin' attention. After all, they let Al queda roam free until a fuckin' PLANE flew into the pentagon. They let Wallstreet steal everyone blind until we've all gone broke.

Most of the bullshit originated outside the United States.

Hedgefunders and derivatives traders. Billionaires going around ruining one economy after another betting on them to fail and making billions.

The one in 08' timed perfectly to get Obama elected. We need to make it illegal for non-citizens to contribute to campaign funds.

And we don't need our teachers and administrators telling our kids they can't be patriotic.

After all this is America...not China or some other communist country...not yet it isn't.

Last edited:

I agree with you.

Unfortunately, it looks like our teens are smarter than the old fucking farts in the legislature.

At least our teens have the good sense and decency to stand up for their country, no matter the consequences when the old farts in the legislature let themselves be bought and paid for by La Raza, MeCHA and other Latino lobbyists.

Maybe it's time for the adults to listen to the kids? Sure seems these kids are on the right path and willing to take on an issue that is sure to be a flashpoint.

These kids aren't as willing to meekly hand over their country to the Mexican asshats, unlike the so-called "adults" that run this country.

Good on them, I say.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
LOL your argument is as sound as suggesting that black people should thank whites for their ancestors bringing them here...after all...look at Africa and the nations within it...doesn't look to good when black folks are left to govern themselves...right? ( lets not forget this....do you really think that a couple boat loads of lilly white puritans just came ashore on the "great dark continent" and told the natives to get on the boat? LOL they where sold to the dutch and english as a result of tribal conflicts ) maybe some of your blame should start at the source hmmmmm?

Um, yeah.

Look, we don't want to fight about this in High Schools, m'k?

Get your fuckin' Senators and Representatives to pass a fuckin' law that says minors have the same rights as adults, and Principals will be happy to let their asses get cut up by hundreds of sinko day mayo celebrants.

How about we just send home the one's in the wrong <ie the Mexicans threatening to riot> instead of the one's in the right? What kind of lesson do you think that sent everyone of those students?

OK let's have a little Legal Lesson:

In loco parentis is a legal doctrine describing a relationship similar to that of a parent to a child. It refers to an individual who assumes parental status and responsibilities for another individual, usually a young person, without formally adopting that person. ......

By far the most common usage of in loco parentis relates to teachers and students. For hundreds of years, the English common-law concept shaped the rights and responsibilities of public school teachers: until the late nineteenth century, their legal authority over students was as broad as that of parents. Changes in U.S. education, concurrent with a broader reading by courts of the rights of students, began bringing the concept into disrepute by the 1960s. Cultural changes, however, brought a resurgence of the doctrine in the twenty-first century.

m'k?

If you and your kid go into the Barrio, on Sinko Day Mayo, and the kid wants to wear something that will incite a riot in the neighborhood, I expect you to say, "Ok Johnny, you go right ahead!!!"

it wasn't the slums it was a school that is supposed to be full of tolerance and cultural diversity. but I guess those two terms only apply to everyone else but Americans.

LOL your argument is as sound as suggesting that black people should thank whites for their ancestors bringing them here...after all...look at Africa and the nations within it...doesn't look to good when black folks are left to govern themselves...right? ( lets not forget this....do you really think that a couple boat loads of lilly white puritans just came ashore on the "great dark continent" and told the natives to get on the boat? LOL they where sold to the dutch and english as a result of tribal conflicts ) maybe some of your blame should start at the source hmmmmm?

To be honest if more blacks went back to Africa and saw what the place is like today...they'd be a bit more thankful for living here.

Do we know for a fact that the four kids were trying to make a statement?

What about the 200?

Is disrupting the school day with a protest against school policy? Will they enforce that?

Was there even a problem BEFORE the adminstrator went up to the four kids in the lunchroom?

To be honest if more blacks went back to Africa and saw what the place is like today...they'd be a bit more thankful for living here.

Actually one of my favorite economist/historian/educator/columnists on the American scene is Walter Williams who condemns slavery and recognizes there is nothing to commend it. Nevertheless he counts himself blessed that somebody did kidnap and drag his ancesters over here in chains so that he was born an American. He knows that as an American, even though he was born under the worst of segregation, he has had opportunities, blessings, and privileges that allowed him to succeed to the best of his ability that included a PhD and rising to head the Economics Dept at George Mason University among other things. If there had been no American slaves in his ancestry, he would probably have been born into abject and permanent poverty and remained uneducated and ignorant and denied many of the liberties Americans take for granted.

There are all sorts of ways to look at the human condition.

And we Americans, like every other place, have had our bad stuff, but we sure as heck don't need to be ashamed at flaunting our good stuff. And we are right to resent anybody who expects us to hide or downplay it.

Last edited:

I agree with you.

Unfortunately, it looks like our teens are smarter than the old fucking farts in the legislature.

At least our teens have the good sense and decency to stand up for their country, no matter the consequences when the old farts in the legislature let themselves be bought and paid for by La Raza, MeCHA and other Latino lobbyists.

Maybe it's time for the adults to listen to the kids? Sure seems these kids are on the right path and willing to take on an issue that is sure to be a flashpoint.

These kids aren't as willing to meekly hand over their country to the Mexican asshats, unlike the so-called "adults" that run this country.

Good on them, I say.

Except this was only 5 teens out of that whole highschool and other teens that aren't Mexican wore purple (for peace) or white (for surrender). Our highschool students have given up. Our government sure as heck doesn't care. I really wish one of those minutemen and said to Alberto Lozano "I accept your declaration of war!" and shot him right on the spot. Instead, we've already lost our country and our patriots are being punished.

My question is why did the Mexican kids make such a big hoopla over bandannas and shirts? Who really gives a shit that these students were wearing American flag t-shirts. If the Mexicans want to wear their Mexican flag shirts on 4th of July, then more power to them.

This pretty much sums up the appalling nature of the incident, afaiac:

Instead, the district caved to the trouble-makers who are now emboldened enough to march against display of the U.S. flag on a secondary Mexican holiday.

And then the district of course met with kids who should have been disciplined for skipping class to "hear their concerns." That's the enraging part.

This next bit is just hilarious, though:

Kirk Hanson, executive director of the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University, said the action taken by the school on Wednesday was warranted if their objective was to maintain the security and safety of the other students.

"Was there a danger of a fight between the students celebrating Cinco de Mayo and the students wearing the American T-shirts? If there was a threat, then their action was ethical," Hanson said.

"The decisions regarding student dress are always difficult for school authorities and it is possible that any particular dress, including the American flag, could under circumstances be threatening," Hanson said. "But when the students' rights are at stake, the school authorities clearly should try to find some way to protect those rights and at the same time defuse the situation."

Got it? If freedom of expression is faced with the threat of illegal violence, freedom should be curtailed.

Note also that this guy is supposedly an expert on ethics. So now it's ethical to give into violent mobs.

Posse Incitatus: So now it's ethical to be a bully

Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University

Character Education
The Center&#8217;s Character-Based Literacy Program[4] , which weaves ethics into the curriculum, is used by the offices of education in 41 of California&#8217;s 50 counties, in addition to many individual schools and districts throughout the country. The program provides detailed lesson plans, literature recommendations, and concrete activities that address ethical questions within the parameters of California state standards for middle and high school language arts, high school US History, World History, Biology, and Earth Science. The Center provides a similar program in the language arts for Catholic middle schools.

Markkula Center for Applied Ethics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the group Kirk Hanson represents. In reading some of the articles form his Center I get the impression equality is great but it needs to be filtered with improving the number of minorites in leadership positions even if it over represnts that group.

Looks like to school empowered the angry students to protest. I wonder if that student was suspended for knocking down the American flag. (Ha ha. Chanel made a funny.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSuqU0Yx4jw]YouTube - Mexican Students Knock U.S. Flag to the Ground[/ame]

Did that girl just say "California is Mexico"? Check out around 2:17. "We are all Mexico. This is our country"

Forum List

Back