Cuccinelli: Homosexual ‘acts’ are a ‘detriment to our culture.’

Ihope, Ihope, Ihope . . . . I want you to go to the board and write the following sentence 100 times: "Homosexuality does not involve choice."

So you want him to lie?

I'll bet you don't believe in science or that the Holocaust ever happened either, right?

P.S. - I have been informed that Ihope is a female.

Nope. I love science. and the Holocaust happened. Which is exactly why I am so passionate about preventing totalitarians such as the kind you support from ever getting power. I learn from the mistakes of others.

And the idea that sex doesn't involve choice is absurd. Im sure that argument would have helped Tiger smooth things over with the wife. "Sorry hun, I didn't have a choice"

Absurd.

Q: Do you think that gays — the practice of homosexuality — is a detriment to our culture?

CUCCINELLI: The acts are. You certainly want everybody in your society to be integrated into your society. So, that’s a focus I’d like to take, but there’s a distinction. And it’s one that the General Assembly seems to be wrestling with every year, and we’ll leave that one to them for now.

What exactly constitutes an "act"?

I'm asking for a friend. :razz:

So you want him to lie?

I'll bet you don't believe in science or that the Holocaust ever happened either, right?

Nope. I love science. and the Holocaust happened. Which is exactly why I am so passionate about preventing totalitarians such as the kind you support from ever getting power. I learn from the mistakes of others.

And the idea that sex doesn't involve choice is absurd. Im sure that argument would have helped Tiger smooth things over with the wife. "Sorry hun, I didn't have a choice"

Absurd.

You are farther off than you think. Sometimes, sex doesn't involve a choice. I think Tiger had a choice, of course. But homosexuality is not a choice, in spite of the conservative blather to the contrary.

The only reason you bigots claim that homosexuality involves choice is so that you can justify persecuting homosexuals.

Absurd.

You are farther off than you think. Sometimes, sex doesn't involve a choice. I think Tiger had a choice, of course. But homosexuality is not a choice, in spite of the conservative blather to the contrary.

The only reason you bigots claim that homosexuality involves choice is so that you can justify persecuting homosexuals.

The repubs just can't believe God would make homosexuals.

Sometimes, sex doesn't involve a choice. I think Tiger had a choice, of course. But homosexuality is not a choice, in spite of the conservative blather to the contrary.

How does a claim of "choice" justify persecution?

Sidenote: If you have a problem with "blather" you should pick up a book and leave the internet forever. :tongue:

For those of us who believe sexuality is no one's buisness (not least the governments) and who also believe in good science, I sometimes wonder (wish?) if "choice" would not have been the preferable outcome. (we both know science says otherwise)

But isn't "biology" a worse burden on homosexuals than "choice"? Given the progress of science it makes for an unknown future. I'm speaking specifically of a possible dystopian outcome down the road. The possible locating of a "gay gene". Would women choose to abort gay babies? What if a "cure" were found for adults? Ethically bizarre as a quandry but biologicaly possible.

Sex doesn't involve choice? Must be nice to live in a fantasy world where you can deny reality and thus abrogate responsibility for your actions. "I'm sorry Your Honor, but she made me have sex with her. I didn't have any choice." Yeah, try arguing that and you be spending 5-10 years behind bars at least.

I don't persecute homosexuals. Quite the opposite. I'd like to see them healed. But that will never happen to many of them when they are lied to and told they don't have a choice. Indulge alittle here and alittle there. And it doesn't matter. Life is meant to be easy and pleasurable. No struggle exists. If any does it's their fault!

Just because you're so arrogant you presume the only reason someone could disagree with you is bigotry, doesn't mean the rest of us are limited by such small mindedness. Though I do say it is amusing that you so called "intellectual" elites are seem to have the same shallow understanding of the world and are so insecure with your viewpoints that anyone who has an original thought is shunned by you. They have to be stupid, or lying, or bigots. Because how can anyone intelligent disagree with you?

You guys get so caught up in being one of the "enlightened people" that you fail to do the one thing that actually gives you knowledge. Think about things from as many different viewpoints as possible. You can't think out of the box. And so anything that goes against your worldview must be ridiculed instead of learned from.

The only reason i stick around on these message boards is because it makes me think. I like thinking. There are just so many things in the world to learn and understand. Like watching the way people act and react to other people. It's absolutely fascinating. And it's amazing how predictable it becomes and yet people don't even recognize their own habits. I doubt I recognize all of my own. But I can tell you, that if you respond to this post I've got a pretty good idea how you are going to respond despite the fact that you haven't been around long.

Which is why it gets so painful to watch people continue to smash their heads against the wall and destroy themselves. We can't seem to learn from past generations. Or even from past mistakes. We keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting some sort of different result.

That's the problem with totalitarian government. It always ends the same way: Holocaust.

Absurd.

That doesn't necessarily follow.

Absurd.

Ah, there's that fallacy again. Republican = religious = homophobe.

Ah, there's that fallacy again. Republican = religious = homophobe.

Not a fallacy, just not ALL republicans/righties.

One on One - WTKR

Q: Do you think that gays — the practice of homosexuality — is a detriment to our culture?

CUCCINELLI: The acts are. You certainly want everybody in your society to be integrated into your society. So, that’s a focus I’d like to take, but there’s a distinction. And it’s one that the General Assembly seems to be wrestling with every year, and we’ll leave that one to them for now.

This is the new Virginia Attorney General who of course is being known now for trying to get rid of laws that ban Discrimination against Gays.

I wonder how the citizens of Virginia feel about such a statement. :eusa_think:
Cuccinelli is right about the gays affecting our culture and also I hope he is successful in nailing Obama in Court over his eligibility if he signs a unconstitutional health care bill into law.

So..the act of homosexuality (what is that anyways, inquiring minds want to know) is detrimental to our society? How do you plan on ending it?

One on One - WTKR

This is the new Virginia Attorney General who of course is being known now for trying to get rid of laws that ban Discrimination against Gays.

I wonder how the citizens of Virginia feel about such a statement. :eusa_think:
Cuccinelli is right about the gays affecting our culture and also I hope he is successful in nailing Obama in Court over his eligibility if he signs a unconstitutional health care bill into law.

I agree that homosexuality affects our culture. But detrimental? Really?

What would we do without florists and really good coffee-bar service?

So you want him to lie?

Absurd.

Yeah it involves a conscious decision when you choose to engage in sex with a person. However, its a completely different thing when it comes to love, who you are genuinely attracted to, and who you want to be with.

Over the last few months I have worked cases and seen a lesbian police detective solve a crucial case that will send a crook to prison, a gay lawyer defend a large insurance company in a fraud case that saved hundreds of thousands of dollars, a lesbian high school coach coach a region championship and almost state title and a gay doctor treat a family member helping them defeat cancer.
Just a few.
If you discriminate against any American because of their sexuality then you are not a true American.
True American patriots and believers of FREEDOM ALWAYS seek to protect the rights of those they may despise the most.

Ihope, Ihope, Ihope . . . . I want you to go to the board and write the following sentence 100 times: "Homosexuality does not involve choice."

So you want him to lie?

Having read your arguments, and your opponent(s) arguments so far......

How the fuck do you come to the conclusion that:"I'll bet you don't believe in science or that the Holocaust ever happened either, right?"

WTF (WhereTheFuck) did that come from, logically speaking ?

Is this QUEERSPEAK for: If you don't agree with me then you're a whackjob ?

Forum List

Back