Missouri House Passes Health Care Freedom Act

SuMar

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
Good news for Missouri...

The Missouri State House has passed House Joint Resolution 48 (HJR48). The legislation, known as the “Missouri Health Care Freedom Act” seeks to make public policy for the state that every person within the state of Missouri is and shall be free to choose or decline to choose any mode of securing health care services without penalty or threat of penalty by the federal government of the United States of America.

Sorry...

A state can't pass legislation binding on the Federal Government

Nice political grandstanding though

It will be far greater than "political grandstanding" as more and more states stand up to the Feds on this issue.

Much-much more...

Sorry...

Have you read the 10th Amendment of the US Constitution? The Legislature has clearly overstepped its bound under Article I Section 8.

Sorry...

Have you read the 10th Amendment of the US Constitution? The Legislature has clearly overstepped its bound under Article I Section 8.

Doesn't matter, Missouri cannot make this law, and it will never stand. But good luck with that.

Good news for Missouri...

The Missouri State House has passed House Joint Resolution 48 (HJR48).

The Missouri General Assembly is festering sewer teeming with vermin and pestilence.

While, as a Missourian, I agree that the Missouri GOP is all that and more, I find this to be an interesting twist to the healthcare issue and the 10th amendment.

I wonder what Nixon will do.

You all are supposing that the Feds even have the authority to enact Obamacare. My reading of the Consitution indicates they do not. This is another case where the Marxists who make up the Obama administration think that the Feds can do anything it wants to do. The courts will settle the matter, not Obama or the Congress.

You all are supposing that the Feds even have the authority to enact Obamacare. My reading of the Consitution indicates they do not. This is another case where the Marxists who make up the Obama administration think that the Feds can do anything it wants to do. The courts will settle the matter, not Obama or the Congress.

What specifically do you find unconstitutional about it?

Sorry...

You're a dumbass.

The legislation isn't binding on the US Government, it is binding on MISSOURI CITIZENS.

Stupidfuck.

And....requiring health care coverage to be purchased (under penalty of Law and Fines) is NOT an enumerated power reserved to the FedGov, which means that this is a power reserved to each individual STATE.

Missouri has declined to inflict this burden upon its citizens. Many more states are following suit, including my own State of Georgia whose legislature is preparing to pass similar legislation.

Dumbfuck.

What specifically do you find unconstitutional about it?

Read up on "Enumerated Powers and the US Federal Government".

You might learn something. :rolleyes:

Precisely.

The Missouri General Assembly is festering sewer teeming with vermin and pestilence.

While, as a Missourian, I agree that the Missouri GOP is all that and more, I find this to be an interesting twist to the healthcare issue and the 10th amendment.

I wonder what Nixon will do.

To be honest, I don't know what his role in this is. The House passed legislation for a constitutional amendment. If the Senate passes it, it may go right to the ballot without need of the governor's signature. I'll have to research it.

Forum List

Back