Crude Oil, Natural Gas, and The Middle Class...

And now, class... we come to the Keystone XL pipeline...

U.S. Gulf Coast refineries are most fine-tuned to process dirty, heavy blends of crude oils.

This harkens back to the time when domestic oil production was failing and imports were rising.

Imports the likes of which we had NO choice but to receive in order to keep our economy afloat. From whatever source.

So our refineries adjusted, rebuilt, and retrofitted... in a fashion best suited for imports of heavy, dirty foreign crude.

To this day, we continue to import massive volumes of heavy, dirty foreign crude.

Yet... Lo and behold! Here is Canada ready willing and able to send us THEIR heavy dirty oil. Which would allow us the U.S. of A. to have a source of crude from a friendly stable nation.

I know this because the Department of State told me so, and Obama- in 2009- endorsed the notion...

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.
Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.

Read, weep, but don't bitch... bitches.

I don't have a problem with Keystone XL pipeline as long as my tax dollars are not subsidizing it & eminent domain is not stealing peoples property.

I have a problem with $7.3 Trillion it cost tax payers like me to defend oil. Oil consumers should pay that cost instead of me being forced to subsidize oil.

I also have a problem with my taxes paying the huge gas tax shortfalls to buy asphalt & fuel from oil companies for roads for oil consumers.

What is the EROEI of Canada's Tar Sand Oil????????

There are a lot of other energy sources that have much higher EROEI than Canada's Tar Sand Oil. That means they are a lot cheaper than oil if we stop subsidizing oil.

We are in a recovery not driven by oil. This scares the panties off of oil shills. Employment & Economy are rising as oil consumption is falling. Every day more Americans figure out ways to kick their oil addiction. If we were not forced to keep subsidizing oil, we would have been off the oil addiction a hell of a lot faster.

recent-us-oil-consumption.png

You have paid 7+ Trillion$.

When?

To whom?

Defend Oil? From what?

Nice little graph, but the rest of your post appears to be mentally handicapped.

You idiots remain in denial. peer reviewed study from Roger Stern, an economic geographer at Princeton, who proves it cost the USA $7.3 trillion over 30 years to defend oil.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with Keystone XL pipeline as long as my tax dollars are not subsidizing it & eminent domain is not straling peoples property.

I have a problem with $7.3 Trillion it cost tax payers like me to defend oil. Oil consumers should pay that cost instead of me being forced to subsidize oil.

I also have a problem with my taxes paying the huge gas tax shortfalls to buy asphalt & fuel from oil companies for roads for oil consumers.

There are a lot of other energy sources that have much higher EROEI than Canada's Tar Sand Oil. That means they are a lot cheaper than oil if we stop subsidizing oil.

We are in a recovery not driven by oil. This scares the panties off of oil shills. Employment & Economy are rising as oil consumption is falling. Every day more Americans figure out ways to kick their oil addiction. If we were not forced to keep subsidizing oil, we would have been off the oil addiction a hell of a lot faster.

When?

To whom?

Defend Oil? From what?

Nice little graph, but the rest of your post appears to be mentally handicapped.

You idiots remain in denial. peer reviewed study from Roger Stern, an economic geographer at Princeton, who proves it cost the USA $7.3 trillion over 30 years to defend oil.

You have to be terminally gullible to believe that some piece of propaganda produced by a pinko professor and "peer reviewed" by a bunch of other pinko professors constitutes any kind of objective truth.

In the first place, what the hell is an "economic geographer?" Here is Mr Stern's resume:

Roger Stern - University of Tulsa

Roger Stern studies economic, political and geographical ideas about energy and national security. Before pursuing these interests he completed a long career in water infrastructure policy and finance. Before coming to The University of Tulsa he was a Post-doctoral Research Fellow of the Oil, Energy & the Middle East Program at Princeton University. Professor Stern also holds a courtesy appointment as Doctor of the University at Johns Hopkins and won but declined a 2010 Fellowship from the Kuwait Program at Sciences Po. His oped essays have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The International Herald Tribune and The National Abu Dhabi).

The guy has spent his whole life fabricating propaganda against the oil industry. He isn't an economist. He's purely a propagandist. Before he became a propagandist, he was a government bureaucrat. The odds that this moron would produce any kind of objective evidence is beyond believable.

Here I offer up a graphic from the Energy Information Agency (EIA), and a quote (with Link) from the Manhattan Institute (not to be confused with the Beef Manhattan Institute)...

employ.png

Viewing the above graphic, one might (depending on party affiliation) see where the JOBS are in Obama's economy.

As to JOBS and the "Middle Class", I offer this...

Power & Growth Initiative Report | Where The Jobs Are: Small Businesses Unleash Energy Employment Boom

The shale oil & gas revolution has been the nation’s biggest single creator of solid, middle-class jobs—throughout the economy, from construction to services to information technology.

I'll admit that I don't own a Tesla automobile. Nor do I own TWO Teslas.

But after 37 years in the Crude Oil and Natural Gas industry, I do know something about... wait for it... Crude Oil and Natural Gas.

Oil and gas are the last two industries to receive subsidies. As I've stated before. Corporate America is holding the middle class hostage until thy get their subsidies back.

Also, oil and gas are doing well because their commodity is artificially strengthened in price.

That just sealed the deal for me. Not only are you unknowledgeable , you are uneducable. You continually expose yourself for the fake and fraud that you truly are.

Yet you can't refute my hypothesis.

The US Workforce is 155 million. Of the 18 million jobs lost during the Bush administration, 6 million jobs have been restored or created since Obama turned it around.

Oil and natural gas industry increased by 162,000 jobs. That is a small percent of Obama's Jobs.

So that means 12 million Americans are still out of work as Barry leads the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history six YEARS after taking office? Sure you want to make that point, Kiss? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Bush & Republicans destroyed 18 million jobs over the length of his 8 year term & you want to complain that Obama did not re-employ them all on day one. :cuckoo:

The rate at which Obama is getting the working age re-employed is unprecedented by either of the Bush presidencies.

Last edited:
The US Workforce is 155 million. Of the 18 million jobs lost during the Bush administration, 6 million jobs have been restored or created since Obama turned it around.

Oil and natural gas industry increased by 162,000 jobs. That is a small percent of Obama's Jobs.

So that means 12 million Americans are still out of work as Barry leads the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history six YEARS after taking office? Sure you want to make that point, Kiss? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Bush & Republicans destroyed 18 million jobs over the length of his 8 year term & you want to complain that Obama did not re-employ them all on day one. :cuckoo:

The rate at which Obama is getting the working age re-employed is unprecedented by either of the Bush presidencies.

Day one? LOL Dude, it's SIX AND A HALF YEARS AFTER BARRY TOOK OFFICE! Did you by any chance see the numbers for the economy last quarter? They are abysmal. Now throw in what's probably waiting for us with a spike in oil prices and you're looking at an economy that is still treading water seven years after the recession officially ended. By the way...what's "unprecedented" is the number of Americans on Food Stamps, long term unemployment, are underemployed or have just given up looking for work.

Day one? LOL Dude, it's SIX AND A HALF YEARS AFTER BARRY TOOK OFFICE! Did you by any chance see the numbers for the economy last quarter? They are abysmal. Now throw in what's probably waiting for us with a spike in oil prices and you're looking at an economy that is still treading water seven years after the recession officially ended. By the way...what's "unprecedented" is the number of Americans on Food Stamps, long term unemployment, are underemployed or have just given up looking for work.

:lol: Obama has only been President 5.5 years. :cuckoo: Idiot!!!!

You Idiots have been crying the same tune even as Obama has had 5 consecutive years of economic growth. Bush caused 12 million jobs to be lost, 2 recessions, one was a 2 year depression. But Bush's disasters get a pass. Your hypocrisy. is dually noted.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with Keystone XL pipeline as long as my tax dollars are not subsidizing it & eminent domain is not stealing peoples property.

When?

To whom?

Defend Oil? From what?

Do you read?

Stern presents Great Arguementive Support for producing Domestic Energy.

Thanks.

:eusa_clap:

Who will be the next moron to post more evidence that developing domestic energy is a Good Alternative to importing it from the persian gulf.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Obama has only been President 5.5 years. :cuckoo: Idiot!!!!

You Idiots have been crying the same tune even as Obama has had 5 consecutive years of economic growth. Bush caused 12 million jobs to be lost, 2 recessions, one was a 2 year depression. But Bush's disasters get a pass. Your hypocrisy. is dually noted.

Obama has had 5 consecutive years of abysmal economic growth. He's overseen the worst recovery from a recession since FDR and the Great Depression. I notice that you've chosen to ignore the latest economic numbers...good move on your part...they are THAT bad!

cry-baby-seal31.jpg

When?

To whom?

Defend Oil? From what?

Do you read?

Thanks.

Who will be the next moron to post more evidence that developing domestic energy is a Good Alternative to importing it from the persian gulf.

:cuckoo: Where have I ever said I was against more domestic energy! :cuckoo:

Do you read?

Thanks.

Here you go, moron:

I have a problem with $7.3 Trillion it cost tax payers like me to defend oil. Oil consumers should pay that cost instead of me being forced to subsidize oil

Lemme connect the dots for you:

Oil is a form of DOMESTIC ENERGY. Natural Gas is a form of Domestic Energy. Coal is a form of Domestic Energy. The FUCKING THREAD IS ABOUT DOMESTIC ENERGY, and the US middle class.

None has ANYTHING to do with your foolish effort to link it to "$7.3 Trillion cost to tax-payers" to defend PERSIAN GULF OIL PRODUCTION.

Nice try at back-peddling.

Thanks for playing, pick up a prize at the door. I think we still have a few yo-yo's left for the off-topical mentally challeged posters.

Last edited:
Do you read?

Thanks.

Here you go, moron:

I have a problem with $7.3 Trillion it cost tax payers like me to defend oil. Oil consumers should pay that cost instead of me being forced to subsidize oil

Oil is a form of DOMESTIC ENERGY. Natural Gas is a form of Domestic Energy. Coal is a form of Domestic Energy. The FUCKING THREAD IS ABOUT DOMESTIC ENERGY, and the US middle class.

None has ANYTHING to do with your foolish effort to link it to "$7.3 Trillion cost to tax-payers" to defend PERSIAN GULF OIL PRODUCTION.

Thanks for playing, pick up a prize at the door. I think we still have a few yo-yo's left for the off-topical mentally challeged posters.

:cuckoo: You are an idiot! :cuckoo:

That is a subsidy to foreign oil that harms domestic energy production.

Here you go, moron:

Keep Posting!

:dig:

Oil and gas are the last two industries to receive subsidies. As I've stated before. Corporate America is holding the middle class hostage until thy get their subsidies back.

Also, oil and gas are doing well because their commodity is artificially strengthened in price.

That just sealed the deal for me. Not only are you unknowledgeable , you are uneducable. You continually expose yourself for the fake and fraud that you truly are.

Yet you can't refute my hypothesis.

You're one big hypothetical. And a bad one at that.

Here I offer up a graphic from the Energy Information Agency (EIA), and a quote (with Link) from the Manhattan Institute (not to be confused with the Beef Manhattan Institute)...

employ.png

Viewing the above graphic, one might (depending on party affiliation) see where the JOBS are in Obama's economy.

As to JOBS and the "Middle Class", I offer this...

Power & Growth Initiative Report | Where The Jobs Are: Small Businesses Unleash Energy Employment Boom

The shale oil & gas revolution has been the nation’s biggest single creator of solid, middle-class jobs—throughout the economy, from construction to services to information technology.

I'll admit that I don't own a Tesla automobile. Nor do I own TWO Teslas.

But after 37 years in the Crude Oil and Natural Gas industry, I do know something about... wait for it... Crude Oil and Natural Gas.

Is this your "hypothesis"? If so, prove that the oil and gas industries receive subsidies.

Support your statement that "Corporate America is holding the middle class hostage... blah blah blah".

Same for that "artificially strengthened" bullshit.

In fact- forget it- just fuck off idiot.

Here you go, moron:

Keep Posting!

:dig:

You are the in a hole & keep digging.

Without that subsidy to foreign oil, it's price & domestic price would rise a lot. Oil is an easily transported & traded commodity making it's price relatively uniform around the world.

With high oil price people here will slash oil consumption even more than they already have & increase consumption of domestic alternative energy & transportation or get more efficient. The high price will also increase domestic alternative energy & oil production creating jobs.

FYI - U.S. Ethanol Exports Hit 25-Month High; Brazil is Top Customer

Last edited:

Forum List

Back