Crude Oil, Natural Gas, and The Middle Class...

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2009
A warm place with no memory.
Here I offer up a graphic from the Energy Information Agency (EIA), and a quote (with Link) from the Manhattan Institute (not to be confused with the Beef Manhattan Institute)...

employ.png

Viewing the above graphic, one might (depending on party affiliation) see where the JOBS are in Obama's economy.

As to JOBS and the "Middle Class", I offer this...

Power & Growth Initiative Report | Where The Jobs Are: Small Businesses Unleash Energy Employment Boom

The shale oil & gas revolution has been the nation’s biggest single creator of solid, middle-class jobs—throughout the economy, from construction to services to information technology.

I'll admit that I don't own a Tesla automobile. Nor do I own TWO Teslas.

But after 37 years in the Crude Oil and Natural Gas industry, I do know something about... wait for it... Crude Oil and Natural Gas.

And now we shall proceed to step two...

With such clear evidence of where exactly the jobs ARE in Obama's economy, let's take a look at what Obama is (or is not) doing to PROMOTE further job growth in the one area that is most benefiting the MIDDLE CLASS.

Class? Class. CLASS!

The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR)... off limits under Obama.

The eastern and western Outer Continental Shelf (OCS)... off limits under Obama.

The eastern Gulf of Mexico... off limits under Obama.

Federal Lands... off limits under Obama.

And so... who is deterring MIDDLE CLASS employment?

And now, class... we come to the Keystone XL pipeline...

U.S. Gulf Coast refineries are most fine-tuned to process dirty, heavy blends of crude oils.

This harkens back to the time when domestic oil production was failing and imports were sailing.

Imports the likes of which we had NO choice but to receive in order to keep our economy afloat. From whatever source.

So our refineries adjusted, rebuilt, and retrofitted... in a fashion best suited for imports of heavy, dirty foreign crude.

To this day, we continue to import massive volumes of heavy, dirty foreign crude.

Yet... Lo and behold! Here is Canada ready willing and able to send us THEIR heavy dirty oil. Which would allow us the U.S. of A. to have a source of crude from a friendly stable nation.

I know this because the Department of State told me so, and Obama- in 2009- endorsed the notion...

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.
Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.

Read, weep, but don't bitch... bitches.

We have leading our Nation a President who neither knows of nor does he care about the MIDDLE CLASS.

Not only is he unaware of the current deluge of MIDDLE CLASS jobs, he yet DENIES our Nation of more.

This pariah of a President MUST be stopped, MUST be impeached, and MUST be put out to pasture.

The US Workforce is 155 million. Of the 18 million jobs lost during the Bush administration, 6 million jobs have been restored or created since Obama turned it around.

Oil and natural gas industry increased by 162,000 jobs. That is a small percent of Obama's Jobs.

Bush dropped the 200 million working age population's employment by 9% Obama has restored jobs to 3% of the 200 million working age population.

That means Bush destroyed 18 million jobs & Obama created 6 million jobs so far.

fredgraph.png

Here I offer up a graphic from the Energy Information Agency (EIA), and a quote (with Link) from the Manhattan Institute (not to be confused with the Beef Manhattan Institute)...

employ.png

Viewing the above graphic, one might (depending on party affiliation) see where the JOBS are in Obama's economy.

Power & Growth Initiative Report | Where The Jobs Are: Small Businesses Unleash Energy Employment Boom

The shale oil & gas revolution has been the nation’s biggest single creator of solid, middle-class jobs—throughout the economy, from construction to services to information technology.

But after 37 years in the Crude Oil and Natural Gas industry, I do know something about... wait for it... Crude Oil and Natural Gas.

Oil and gas are the last two industries to receive subsidies. As I've stated before. Corporate America is holding the middle class hostage until thy get their subsidies back.

Also, oil and gas are doing well because their commodity is artificially strengthened in price.

The US Workforce is 155 million. Of the 18 million jobs lost during the Bush administration, 6 million jobs have been restored or created since Obama turned it around.

Oil and natural gas industry increased by 162,000 jobs. That is a small percent of Obama's Jobs.

So that means 12 million Americans are still out of work as Barry leads the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history six YEARS after taking office? Sure you want to make that point, Kiss? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Bush dropped the 200 million working age population's employment by 9% Obama has restored jobs to 3% of the 200 million working age population.

That means Bush destroyed 18 million jobs & Obama created 6 million jobs so far.

fredgraph.png

The recession destroyed those jobs, not George W. Bush. What you Obama fans can't quite seem to wrap your heads around is that historically economies tend to rebound rather dramatically AFTER a recession. The fact that ours has not...points a finger squarely at Barack Obama's tepid results from his 870 billion dollar stimulus and other items on his agenda. One would expect to see a bounce coming out of a recession that bad but instead of that we've had abysmal economic growth for years now. Now we're facing a very probable oil crisis because of Barry's decision to pull all of out troops out of Iraq and what little economic growth we HAVE had is most likely going to disappear like a puff of smoke in a strong breeze.

What's telling about the intelligence of this Administration is that at the very time we are staring an oil crisis squarely in the eye, Barry is making the banning of coal a priority with an end run around Congress to utilize the EPA to enforce new standards. So not only are Americans looking at higher gas prices because of the situation in the Middle East...they can also expect higher electricity prices because of the actions of the EPA.

So when the shit hits the fan from this...are you progressives going to be here scratching your heads again as you try and figure out why the economy is tanking and people aren't getting hired? Because if you ARE...be advised that you ARE going to be getting abused by those of us who are currently warning you of what's about to happen.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

employ.png

Oil and gas are the last two industries to receive subsidies. As I've stated before. Corporate America is holding the middle class hostage until thy get their subsidies back.

Also, oil and gas are doing well because their commodity is artificially strengthened in price.

That just sealed the deal for me. Not only are you unknowledgeable , you are uneducable. You continually expose yourself for the fake and fraud that you truly are.

So I presume that your point, Mr H. is we ought to allow oil and gas companies to drill for product no matter what the environmental consequences?

How many jobs will that create and for how long?

So I presume that your point, Mr H. is we ought to allow oil and gas companies to drill for product no matter what the environmental consequences?

I haven't even made my point yet.

There are "environmental consequences" in all that we do. The most egregious of which occur in agriculture worldwide. That industry is the one true raper and destroyer of all environment.

I haven't even made my point yet.

There are "environmental consequences" in all that we do. The most egregious of which occur in agriculture worldwide. That industry is the one true raper and destroyer of all environment.

Yes, but it looks nice.

Fraccing is not pretty, like a Apple Orchard.

U.S. Gulf Coast refineries are most fine-tuned to process dirty, heavy blends of crude oils.

This harkens back to the time when domestic oil production was failing and imports were rising.

Imports the likes of which we had NO choice but to receive in order to keep our economy afloat. From whatever source.

So our refineries adjusted, rebuilt, and retrofitted... in a fashion best suited for imports of heavy, dirty foreign crude.

To this day, we continue to import massive volumes of heavy, dirty foreign crude.

Yet... Lo and behold! Here is Canada ready willing and able to send us THEIR heavy dirty oil. Which would allow us the U.S. of A. to have a source of crude from a friendly stable nation.

I know this because the Department of State told me so, and Obama- in 2009- endorsed the notion...

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.
Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.

I don't have a problem with Keystone XL pipeline as long as my tax dollars are not subsidizing it & eminent domain is not stealing peoples property.

I have a problem with $7.3 Trillion it cost tax payers like me to defend oil. Oil consumers should pay that cost instead of me being forced to subsidize oil.

I also have a problem with my taxes paying the huge gas tax shortfalls to buy asphalt & fuel from oil companies for roads for oil consumers.

What is the EROEI of Canada's Tar Sand Oil????????

There are a lot of other energy sources that have much higher EROEI than Canada's Tar Sand Oil. That means they are a lot cheaper than oil if we stop subsidizing oil.

We are in a recovery not driven by oil. This scares the panties off of oil shills. Employment & Economy are rising as oil consumption is falling. Every day more Americans figure out ways to kick their oil addiction. If we were not forced to keep subsidizing oil, we would have been off the oil addiction a hell of a lot faster.

recent-us-oil-consumption.png

Last edited:

This harkens back to the time when domestic oil production was failing and imports were stealing.

I don't have a problem with Keystone XL pipeline as long as my tax dollars are not subsidizing it & eminent domain is not straling peoples property.

I have a problem with $7.3 Trillion it cost tax payers like me to defend oil. Oil consumers should pay that cost instead of me being forced to subsidize oil.

I also have a problem with my taxes paying the huge gas tax shortfalls to buy asphalt & fuel from oil companies for roads for oil consumers.

What is the EROEI of Canada's Tar Sand Oil????????

There are a lot of other energy sources that have much higher EROEI than Canada's Tar Sand Oil. That means they are a lot cheaper than oil if we stop subsidizing oil.

We are in a recovery not driven by oil. This scares the panties off of oil shills. Employment & Economy are rising as oil consumption is falling. Every day more Americans figure out ways to kick their oil addiction. If we were not forced to keep subsidizing oil, we would have been off the oil addiction a hell of a lot faster.

recent-us-oil-consumption.png

You have paid 7+ Trillion$.

When?

To whom?

Defend Oil? From what?

Nice little graph, but the rest of your post appears to be mentally handicapped.

Forum List

Back