Crowd psychology, not science, drives "climate change".

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wind, humidity, wind speed, and direction have not changed at all in the Pacific Northwest? And Temperature is minor? Damn, why don't you tell that to the wheat farmers in Oregon and Washington? Less snow in the mountains in the winter is irrelevant? Again, damn. My people here in Oregon were farmers and ranchers until the last generation. Some still are. Why don't you tell them that the snow that used to give them water for irrigation in the summer is irrelevant? East side of Oregon and Washington is not a desert. Had you not been asleep in that class, you would know that. There is the high desert in Eastern Oregon, but the mountain areas are treed, and the valleys produce some of the best hay and alfalfa in the world. When they have adequate water. And that is not this year.
Geological finds have established continent wide fires at frequent intervals over the past several hundred thousand years. It's another one of the Earth's cycles. Nothing new...what is new is the population of people in those areas who are just now finding out what the earth's habits have always been.

JO

The Free Market solves this problem better than government over-reach ... we have run out of cheap fossil fuels, now we're burning not-so-cheap fossil fuels ... the day will come when we will be burning hey-this-shit's-getting-expensive fossil fuels ... and then we'll be burning boy-we-should-have-started-working-on-the-new-nuclear-power-program-decades-ago fossil fuels ...
Hahah..... I know.... it has always been driven by financial sense..... then of course there's the gouging Corporations which are a mixed blessing because while they rip us off they also innovate like crazy.
Yeah I think we need to see a resurgence in Nuclear and I also believe that the world scientific community is getting closer and closer to fusion technology power plants which are literally hundreds of thousands of times more efficacious per pound of fuel than hydrocarbon. I did the numbers here a while back.... I seem to recall being able to support keeping the lights on in NYC for a whole day with just a few pounds of fuel using fusion energy release.

I mean....it's a no brainer.

JO

That "climate change" is happening?
That's not something that I would disagree with.
Polar Ice shelves have melted and other polar ice has melted and revealed all kinds of animals frozen in the ice that have long been extinct. From Wooly mammoth to sabertooth tiger cubs. The mammoth also had buttercups frozen in it's mouth.

And that brings up the obvious truth that the polar regions were once much warmer than what they currently are.

Now what is causing this warming and climate change? Is warmer temps actually a norm that we are returning to and the cooler time period we have enjoyed the aberration?

Can we actually affect the weather?
Is it the creation of "greenhouse gasses" or the urbanization of various locations that has an effect on jet streams? Or is it a function of the Sun and solar activities that are causing the changes?

Clear evidence without political agendas are needed. But we haven't gotten any yet.

There is profound evidence. You simply reject what you wish, as all Gore Followers do.

Ok...first off I'm from TN and I know for a fact that Al Gore is an idiot. I'm not a fan of his whatsoever.

Secondly...I explained that there's no evidence that we are not returning to the normal weather for Earth and that the previous weather was the aberration. In which case we can't stop it.

Third,
There's no clear evidence of what is causing/caused the climate change/return.

Politics has ruined every study that might have provided a piece of the answers.

Calm down Junior. You started off going down the Global Warming Trail.
There is substantial evidence that humans are NOT causing it so do not say we don't know.
Yes we do. Call it Mister Sun.

Calm down Junior. You started off going down the Global Warming Trail.
There is substantial evidence that humans are NOT causing it so do not say we don't know.
Yes we do. Call it Mister Sun.

Well...
You and I can both be right...
Humans could have caused it by making God angry...

And in that case the fix is not anything that has been suggested to date.

Well...
You and I can both be right...
Humans could have caused it by making God angry...

And in that case the fix is not anything that has been suggested to date.

Well, NO we CANNOT both be right.
Read dozens of page and papers and graphs and frauds and lies by the Global Warming Cabal
and ask yourself "If they are right, why do they lie constantly? Why do they cheat with their graphs and data? Why are their predictions always wrong?"

Not because they are right.

Well, NO we CANNOT both be right.
Read dozens of page and papers and graphs and frauds and lies by the Global Warming Cabal
and ask yourself "If they are right, why do they lie constantly? Why do they cheat with their graphs and data? Why are their predictions always wrong?"

Not because they are right.
Oh many of the "climatologist" are full of BS.

But the tidbit of truth mixed with a ton of lies is usually the formula for gaslighting and manipulation.
So of course I don't believe much of what they are saying.
Correlation is not causation
Otherwise stork migrations are responsible for birth rates.
And most of these people screaming about how "something has to be done" have yet to actually prove causation. Or even that the polar ice caps are more unique now than they were 100 years ago...the 100 year ago ice shelves might have been the deviation from normal.

There's no scientific proof of mankind "harming the climate".

There's only evidence that there is a slight change in polar temperatures and quantities of ice. That's all that can be actually said.

Anything else beyond that has no substantive proof of anything.

They can do the necessary experiments to definitively prove things one way or another...but they haven't and won't. And I think that nobody really wants to know.

We have a nice space station that we can actually perform the needed experiments in...but they don't do them.

"It is common knowledge that the science is politically influenced by state funding.

But it is not widely appreciated that the process of hyping up climate change into a full-blown crisis has become the consequence of a crowd psychology rather than a pursuit of the facts."

A long read but a great one. Since the climate change caper has failed, now they are going with the Plandemic. This is a great primer to pass along to folks who have been suckered by the billboard science embraced by the climate obsessed. It explains how we got here and methodically decimates the climate change industry fakery......and subsequent failure to move the public.

Enjoy...........

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/problem-climate-change-politics

The dumbest comment of the decade:

"It is common knowledge that the science is politically influenced by state funding.

Oh many of the "climatologist" are full of BS.

But the tidbit of truth mixed with a ton of lies is usually the formula for gaslighting and manipulation.
So of course I don't believe much of what they are saying.
Correlation is not causation
Otherwise stork migrations are responsible for birth rates.
And most of these people screaming about how "something has to be done" have yet to actually prove causation. Or even that the polar ice caps are more unique now than they were 100 years ago...the 100 year ago ice shelves might have been the deviation from normal.

There's no scientific proof of mankind "harming the climate".

There's only evidence that there is a slight change in polar temperatures and quantities of ice. That's all that can be actually said.

Anything else beyond that has no substantive proof of anything.

They can do the necessary experiments to definitively prove things one way or another...but they haven't and won't. And I think that nobody really wants to know.

We have a nice space station that we can actually perform the needed experiments in...but they don't do them.
Ooops, maybe I wrote wrongly, this too is one of the dumbest long post in decades.

And all you have is an ad hominem attack... like that's going to make anyone change their mind about anything.
I call 'em as I read them. What's your motivation to write such posts? Are you brainwashed, own oil and coal stocks, or simply dropped on your head too many times?

The facts are the Climate is changing, and has been for over a century. If it's a consequence of the use of coal and oil or a "normal" condition over eons matters not. The pollution of dirty sources for energy is a matter of health, impacting the air, water and soil.

That aside, the ice caps are melting, we are seeing the impact on land and sea animals, as well as hurricanes, Tornadoes, high heat, droughts and flooding.

The good thing is rational people have been elected to prepare dams, the banks of rivers, our ocean beaches and support for green and renewable energy sources. Irrational people, present company above, post on the Internet for - and I ask again - why they are opposed to the reality we see happening all around us.

I call 'em as I read them. What's your motivation to write such posts? Are you brainwashed, own oil and coal stocks, or simply dropped on your head too many times?

The facts are the Climate is changing, and has been for over a century. If it's a consequence of the use of coal and oil or a "normal" condition over eons matters not. The pollution of dirty sources for energy is a matter of health, impacting the air, water and soil.

That aside, the ice caps are melting, we are seeing the impact on land and sea animals, as well as hurricanes, Tornadoes, high heat, droughts and flooding.

The good thing is rational people have been elected to prepare dams, the banks of rivers, our ocean beaches and support for green and renewable energy sources. Irrational people, present company above, post on the Internet for - and I ask again - why they are opposed to the reality we see happening all around us.
That there's been climate change in the past 100 years there's no Quibble about.

But I require proof that the climate 100+ years ago is the norm and not a deviation from the norm....and you cannot provide that.

On top of this you must provide definitive proof of causation and not simply correlation. Sure there's correlation of industrialization and urbanization and solar activity...but no one has proved what is causing the shift or if the climate is supposed to be different than what is happening now.
You might not like the way the climate is changing... but that doesn't have any bearing on the matter...no matter how passionate you might be on the subject.

That there's been climate change in the past 100 years there's no Quibble about.

But I require proof that the climate 100+ years ago is the norm and not a deviation from the norm....and you cannot provide that.

On top of this you must provide definitive proof of causation and not simply correlation. Sure there's correlation of industrialization and urbanization and solar activity...but no one has proved what is causing the shift or if the climate is supposed to be different than what is happening now.
You might not like the way the climate is changing... but that doesn't have any bearing on the matter...no matter how passionate you might be on the subject.
Want the proof, sadly science has few laws, yet the warming of our planet has become much more than an anomaly, see:
Scientific Consensus: Earth's Climate is Warming

The theory, one based on a large number of hypothesis', provide:
"Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities"

And herein in the first link are "Statement on Climate Change from 18 Scientific Associations".

That said, are you to believe Politicians and Lobbyists or Scientists?

Want the proof, sadly science has few laws, yet the warming of our planet has become much more than an anomaly, see:
Scientific Consensus: Earth's Climate is Warming

The theory, one based on a large number of hypothesis', provide:
"Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities"

And herein in the first link are "Statement on Climate Change from 18 Scientific Associations".

That said, are you to believe Politicians and Lobbyists or Scientists?
Again...no causation is declared. Because they cannot declare such things. (They have no proof) They point at correlation but that's a far cry from causation.

There are methods for proving causation and not just correlation...but nobody has yet to set up any experiments to definitively prove anything...any guesses as to why?

Again...no causation is declared. Because they cannot declare such things. (They have no proof) They point at correlation but that's a far cry from causation.

There are methods for proving causation and not just correlation...but nobody has yet to set up any experiments to definitively prove anything...any guesses as to why?
Nope. You seem to want to establish a scientific law which is very very rare. And one which would need to be established when today's toddlers are in their 80's. However, as more and more evidence establishes a stronger theory that anthropogenic has destroyed plants and animals, it maybe too late.

As I've stated, some of those in power and their supporters put profits over people. That has been true during the pandemic now in its third year too.

Forum List

Back