Criminal, with restored gun rights, uses gun to save cops life.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep......not all felons are the same......this felon found religion, begged for his gun rights to be reinstated....then used his legal pistol to save the life of a police officer.....

REDEMPTION: Former Criminal Saves Policeman's Life By Shooting Policeman's Assailant

In a story of true redemption, a man who had once been convicted of a felony for theft but later turned his life around by finding God saved a policeman from likely death when he shot and killed the policeman’s assailant.

On January 12, Thomas Yoxall, a photographer who had lost his gun rights when he was charged with theft in 2000, later gaining them back when his case was pleaded down to a misdemeanor in 2003, awakened in Arizona, ready to drive to Anaheim, California, for a conference.

Driving along I-10 at roughly 4:30 a.m., he saw a patrol car sped past him. Yoxall recalled later, "I was thinking, not a good way to start the morning with someone getting pulled over.”

Miles later, Yoxall saw Arizona state trooper Ed Andersson, who had been shot in the shoulder by Leonard Penuelas-Escobar, 37, vainly attempting to retrieve his Taser as Penuelas-Escobar kept striking him in the head and pounding his head into the pavement.

Andersson had been paralyzed in the right shoulder by Penuelas-Escobar’s last bullet; Penuelas-Escobar had been shooting at motorists, which is why Andersson had arrived at the scene in the first place. Andersson said later the bullet that hit him was "one in a thousand. A half inch to my right it would have missed me. A few inches to my left, it would have hit my vest."

Andersson said, "I kicked him into the fast lane hoping that a car would come by and hit him.” He rolled onto his right side, shielding his weapon from Penuelas-Escobar. He said, "I knew if he got my gun it'd be all over right then.”

Andersson arrived on the scene to see two potential victims along the shoulder; a female passenger had been thrown from an overturned car. Andersson said, "I saw a male subject kneeling and holding a female in his arms.” He blocked the slow lane with his car, set flares and called for a medical helicopter. But when he got back to the two people, the man was missing. He said, “I scan with my flashlight and I found him standing in the emergency lane. I could tell he already had his weapon pointed at me."

When Yoxall drove by, he saw Penuelas-Escobar on top of Andersson. Yoxall recalled, "He's beating him in a savage way. Just fist after fist."

So Yoxall pulled his car over, grabbed his legal firearm, and yelled to Penuelas-Escobar to stop, shouting, “Get off him!'" Yoxall said, “His facial expression, the look in his eye (was) 'evil' if I had to put a word on it." Penuelas-Escobar kept beating Andersson’s head into the ground.

So....this good guy with a gun....used his gun to save the life of a cop.....

Andersson later recalled, "I hear a voice ... ask me if I needed help. I said 'yes, I do.'"

Responding to Yoxall, Penuelas-Escobar screamed, "Shut up!"

Yoxall said he moved to his left to make sure Andersson was not in the line of fire. Andersson said, "The next thing I hear is two shots.” Yoxall’s first bullet hit Penuelas-Escobar in the chest; the second hit him in the head, killing him.

The helicopter Andersson summoned for the woman wound up taking Andersson to the hospital. Andersson needed over 100 stitches and staples.

So...there is a cop on the scene....and more cops arrived....and the citizen with a gun isn't shot in the confusion...imagine that......another anti gunner myth put to rest....

450243906db0b30e403f6f59f079f560.jpg

Forum List

Back