Creeping Sharia in our Nation's Capitol

As soon as you put the word Sharia or Islamic in front of something, it conjures a picture of Osama Bin Ladens face and a mob of Muslims trying to kill Westerners and burning US Flags, I am not saying I agree but this appears to be the case.

I would be among the first to defend my country from Sharia law, but the sharia banking thing is no different to opening a butcher shop selling halal meat. Neither break any laws and they simply cater to a specific section of the community. Many top western banks are introducing sharia banking. Why? Because business is fucking business!

I have no problem with it as long as they don't try to stop me from drinking and going out to night clubs.

Lol! There's been one or two cases similar to that here, but they soon get jumped on. You'll find religious zealots and bigots in all walks of life, HG.

Unfair competition; discriminatory lending practices; and lack of transparency. Worst of all - no bars. This is NOT the same thing as selling Kosher meat. Sheez.

I will contine to express concern over the spread of Sharia in any form in this country. We won't make the same mistakes as England Colin.

Unfair competition; discriminatory lending practices; and lack of transparency. Worst of all - no bars. This is NOT the same thing as selling Kosher meat. Sheez.

I will contine to express concern over the spread of Sharia in any form in this country. We won't make the same mistakes as England Colin.

That's a laugh! You know NOTHING about sharia banking. You know even LESS about England. But you're welcome to your misguided opinions. At least we can see you for what you are.

I don't pretend to understand "Sharia finance" but apparently very few people do. But I do know this is another way "stealth jihad" is being imposed on America "from within".

Please explain this to me.

If I am buying a new home and seek out a financial institution or bank that has Islamic Compliant Loans.

How does this affect you ?

Simple. Your wife must wear a tent, you have to beat her repeatedly just for general purposes, she can't drive or get an education, women and children have to eat in a separate room away from single men, no smoking or drinking on the premises.....etc.

Utah?

That's a laugh! You know NOTHING about sharia banking. You know even LESS about England. But you're welcome to your misguided opinions. At least we can see you for what you are.

I'm learning. And it ain't pretty.

Britain offers a good case in point. Earlier this year, Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams invoked a storm of controversy when he said that it was “unavoidable” that sharia would be practiced in his country. His main support for this was that the UK had already submitted itself to sharia-compliant finance and that the social and religious aspects of sharia law were already flowing out from there.

Once you are the debtor, you increasingly lose the ability to resist the influence of the foreign lender—economically, socially, politically and otherwise. How do you say no to your creditors? In biblical terminology, the lender becomes the head and the borrower becomes the tail (Deuteronomy 28:44).

Sharia Finance: Last Gasp of a Doomed American Economy | Columns | theTrumpet.com by the Philadelphia Church of God

With $19 billion in reported Islamic banking assets, Britain's Islamic finance sector ranks number one in Europe, and number nine in the world. It dwarfs those sectors of some states where Islam is the main religion, including Pakistan, Bangladesh, Turkey and Egypt, according to a new report titled "The City UK Islamic Finance 2011."

More than 20 banks in Britain now offer Islamic finance products and there are five fully Islamic banks in the country. In addition, there are 55 colleges and professional institutions offering education in Islamic finance in Britain – more than anywhere else in the world.

The establishment of Britain as a global center for Islamic finance is being promoted by the British government, which has extended tax relief on Sharia-compliant mortgages to companies and has eased the trade in Islamic bonds known as Sukuk. There were five Sukuk listings at the London Stock Exchange (LSE) in 2010 and one in early 2011, bringing the aggregate total at the LSE to 31 listings worth nearly $20 billion.

The growth of Islamic finance comes as other aspects of Sharia law are becoming enshrined in the British legal system. At least 85 Islamic Sharia courts are now operating in the country, almost 20 times as many as previously believed. A recent study by the London-based Civitas think tank titled "Sharia Law or 'One Law for All'?" found that scores of unofficial tribunals and councils regularly apply Islamic law to resolve domestic, marital and business disputes, many operating in mosques. It warns of a "creeping" acceptance of Sharia principles in British law.

Britain Creating Parallel Islamic Financial System :: Hudson New York

No thank you. You Brits can enjoy your dual financial and legal system. Take their blood money. We will find a better way.

I'm learning. And it ain't pretty.

Britain offers a good case in point. Earlier this year, Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams invoked a storm of controversy when he said that it was “unavoidable” that sharia would be practiced in his country. His main support for this was that the UK had already submitted itself to sharia-compliant finance and that the social and religious aspects of sharia law were already flowing out from there.

Once you are the debtor, you increasingly lose the ability to resist the influence of the foreign lender—economically, socially, politically and otherwise. How do you say no to your creditors? In biblical terminology, the lender becomes the head and the borrower becomes the tail (Deuteronomy 28:44).

Sharia Finance: Last Gasp of a Doomed American Economy | Columns | theTrumpet.com by the Philadelphia Church of God

With $19 billion in reported Islamic banking assets, Britain's Islamic finance sector ranks number one in Europe, and number nine in the world. It dwarfs those sectors of some states where Islam is the main religion, including Pakistan, Bangladesh, Turkey and Egypt, according to a new report titled "The City UK Islamic Finance 2011."

More than 20 banks in Britain now offer Islamic finance products and there are five fully Islamic banks in the country. In addition, there are 55 colleges and professional institutions offering education in Islamic finance in Britain – more than anywhere else in the world.

The establishment of Britain as a global center for Islamic finance is being promoted by the British government, which has extended tax relief on Sharia-compliant mortgages to companies and has eased the trade in Islamic bonds known as Sukuk. There were five Sukuk listings at the London Stock Exchange (LSE) in 2010 and one in early 2011, bringing the aggregate total at the LSE to 31 listings worth nearly $20 billion.

The growth of Islamic finance comes as other aspects of Sharia law are becoming enshrined in the British legal system. At least 85 Islamic Sharia courts are now operating in the country, almost 20 times as many as previously believed. A recent study by the London-based Civitas think tank titled "Sharia Law or 'One Law for All'?" found that scores of unofficial tribunals and councils regularly apply Islamic law to resolve domestic, marital and business disputes, many operating in mosques. It warns of a "creeping" acceptance of Sharia principles in British law.

Britain Creating Parallel Islamic Financial System :: Hudson New York

No thank you. You Brits can enjoy your dual financial and legal system. Take their blood money. We will find a better way.

As I said, you're entitled to your opinion. But thank you for your permission to carry on. Our nation will be so pleased you have spoken! :lol: None so blind as the all seeing bigots, eh Chanel.

Call me names Colin. I don't give a fuck. I am a proud anti-Shariaite. Or is it pro-American? Same thing I suppose.

We will not have Sharia law here in the U.S. Not even "just a little bit".

Just out of curiosity - Sunni Man - do you claim a mortgage interest deduction on your income taxes?

Call me names Colin. I don't give a fuck. I am a proud anti-Shariaite. Or is it pro-American? Same thing I suppose.

We will not have Sharia law here in the U.S. Not even "just a little bit".

Just out of curiosity - Sunni Man - do you claim a mortgage interest deduction on your income taxes?

I'm not claiming you shouldn't. Just pointing out that you freely admitted to knowing nothing about a subject you condemn out of hand. That makes you a bigot. I also suggest you make sure of any facts you post about the subject outside of your own country, since what you posted about the UK shows just how ignorant of events you really are. Oh btw, ever heard of Beth Din courts?

For your information here is a little reading to update you, although I guess you'll not bother reading it since I know you like to cherry pick articles that only suit your personal agenda.

Bill limiting sharia law is motivated by 'concern for Muslim women' | Law | The Guardian

Ireland aims to be home of Islamic finance in Europe | Business | The Guardian

New Bill tackles Sharia courts | News | The Christian Institute

I'm aware of beth din courts and know quite a bit about the abuse of women under Sharia Law. That's a separate conversation. What I am concerned about here is the infiltration of foreign money buying up prime real estate and the establishment of a competing financial system, that may or may not comply with our current laws. According to your second article:

He said there was currently "a scramble" for Islamic business internationally and Ireland is just behind the UK in terms of adjusting its laws to be sharia-compliant.

Sharia law prohibits the payment of interest on loans or overdrafts, or the receipt of interest, and also prevents investment in certain categories including defence, adult entertainment and gambling.

It is very tempting for a poor country like Ireland to want Saudi money. It is very tempting for a crumbling city like D.C. to want Qatari investors. But when they start dictating their own terms, then it gets troublesome. And after a project like that is complete, will the rules change again? No gays, no alcohol, no Victoria Secrets? At that point, they will have the city by the balls.

Speaking of which, can a gay couple get a mortgage from a Sharia bank?

Here's an excellent description of why creeping Sharia is dangerous. It's Tziona's comment from JihadWatch (dot) org (slash) 2010 (slash) 08 (slash) newsweek-stealth-jihad-what-stealth-jihad (dot) html. I felt (s)he said it quite well...

The point of the terms "stealth Jihad" and "creeping sharia" is to point to the little things in life, and note their cumulative effect. Everyone's ears prick up (even those of Leftists) when Overt Jihad events occur, who could ignore 9/11, who could ignore London 7/7/7, who could ignore Mumbai, Madrid, Bali? But, the cumulative effect of the little things, the Slow Jihad, can be just as devestating in the long run, the acceptance of full-face coverings at security checks, provisions for sharia finance, the accepance of muslim prayer in state schools, special treatment for muslim prisoners, special reverence for Korans in all sorts of places from public libraries to book shops, all gradually set Islam above local culture and diminish our hard-won freedoms.

And it's this last point that I believe really needs to be pushed, again and again. The freedoms we ALL enjoy in the West today did not come easy, and they did not come quickly, we, the people, fought for them tooth and nail, inch by bloody inch. And it wasn't just through big "events" like revolutions, civil wars, and wars of independence, or even just through medium scale media events like chaining ourselves to railings, marching on parliament, or going on strike; the little personal things accumulated, we educated ourselves and our children, we emigrated, we organised, we stood up to be counted, we demanded our freedoms and we stood our ground until we got them.

We, the people, will not stand idly by while those freedoms are eroded by people who believe we have no right to freedom. Ms. Miller may get some sort of perverse personal pleasure in abdicating her right to the freedoms her forefathers fought for, be she cannot expect me to abdicate mine.

Bump.

Can a gay couple get a mortgage from a Sharia bank?
In the US I believe that banks are not allowed to discriminate based on sexual orientation if they are insured under FDIC.

But then again, I forget...are gays a protected class or does that only cover race, religion, and gender?

No form of business, banking, commerce, or industry arrangements can circumvent the Constitution, or state Constitutions (for that matter), whether it me kosher meat shops or sharia financing or Latter-day Saint temple marriage.

This OP was fail from the start.

Having said that, I have appreciated reveiwing some of Chanel's links, and I think her for that.

It's great we can do this and not worry about getting her heads cut off or having to wear a burka.

The Circumcision thing? Now that is what we should be yelling about: Judeo-Christian genital mutilation!! Many of us had no say about it, being about six minutes old at the time.

Bump.

Can a gay couple get a mortgage from a Sharia bank?
In the US I believe that banks are not allowed to discriminate based on sexual orientation if they are insured under FDIC.

But then again, I forget...are gays a protected class or does that only cover race, religion, and gender?

Banks may not discriminate based on sexual orientation. However, you bring up a good point about the FDIC. To be honest Ravi, I think they only lend to Muslims, which brings up another small problem.

Jake - I do not think the OP was a fail. Perhaps no bars and banks seem trivial especially to people who don't visit D.C. But it's a red flag.

Just picture your local mall being purchased with Sharia Compliant Funding. No alcohol; no lingerie; no video stores; no Nathan's Hot Dogs. Some might say "Who cares? No big deal". Well that's what many Germans said when Jews weren't allowed on park benches. Small freedoms being taken away slowly.

It's a slippery slope. I just read of Sharia Hotels popping up in Europe. Strict rules. Separate areas for men and women. Not sure what they do with the gays. :evil:

I said I don't understand Sharia Finance. It's part of a global financial network that is way beyond my expertise. I doubt anyone on here fully understands it either. But no one saw 2008 coming. Not even the experts. It's not unreasonable to fear that Wall Street and Big Government can be easily bewitched with trillions of petrodollars.

Here's an interesting video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmRbum9x0nU]YouTube - ‪Shariah Finance‬‏[/ame]

WOW Chanel, That video has some scary stuff !!!

I had no idea that my Islamic home mortgage was supporting Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

Wish I had more time to post about this.

But I have to spend the morning waging Jihad on some infidel crabgrass in my yard. :cool:

Last edited:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. The infidels are planning a counter attack with a team of gays bathed in pork fat.

I don't know if the "purified money" (laundering) is being used to funnel money to terror groups. Certainly they have in the past. But I'd be curious to learn about the "Islamic Charities" that a percentage of this money goes to. Do you know?

I can assure you that any Islamic charity in America is squeaky clean.

Every penny is monitored and tracked by the FBI, Homeland security, IRS, and every other Federal Agency you can think of.

Believe me if they were doing anything illegal they would be shut down in a New York minute.

I hope you are right, however...

No one in the West knows for sure how widespread the use of Muslim charities for terrorism funding actually is, however, the US Treasury Department has so far designated no fewer than 27 Muslim charities in the US and worldwide as terrorism entities due to their funding of terrorist groups like Al Qaeda, HAMAS and others.

About Shariah Finance | Shariah Finance Watch

The Wikileaks documents revealed that the US State Department was specifically concerned that the Shariah-Compliant Finance sector in the UK could provide a backdoor to funding Jihadist terrorism.

Forum List

Back