Creeping Sharia in our Nation's Capitol

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Construction began in March on CityCenterDC, a $700 million complex envisioned as a modern-day Rockefeller Center, with 2.5 million square feet of office, residential and retail space as well as a public plaza and park.

One of the largest downtown projects in the nation, CityCenterDC will fill 10 acres, all city-owned except for the land beneath two condo buildings

Even before the Qatari investors became involved, Hines and Archstone determined that leasing to banks would not help them create lively shopping streets, Mr. Alsup said. But as it happened, their hesitancy on bank branches meshed with the policies of their financial partners, who adhere to the restrictions of Shariah, or Islamic law, including the ban on collecting interest. Restaurants will be able to serve liquor, but retailers whose primary business involves selling alcohol will not be allowed, Mr. Alsup said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/22/r...nder-way.html?_r=2&scp=7&sq=citycenter&st=cse

10 acres on restricting banks and alcohol? What is "city owned property"?

I don't pretend to understand "Sharia finance" but apparently very few people do. But I do know this is another way "stealth jihad" is being imposed on America "from within".

If one dime of public money is being spent on this project, someone has some "splainin" to do.

Every county and municipality in Georgia has zoning laws prohibiting alcohol and store bought titty magazines from being sold within a certain distance of churches and schools as well as other institutions in some cases.

Even before the Qatari investors became involved, Hines and Archstone determined that leasing to banks would not help them create lively shopping streets, Mr. Alsup said. But as it happened, their hesitancy on bank branches meshed with the policies of their financial partners, who adhere to the restrictions of Shariah, or Islamic law, including the ban on collecting interest. Restaurants will be able to serve liquor, but retailers whose primary business involves selling alcohol will not be allowed, Mr. Alsup said.

All you chicken littles out their better commit suicide, the end is near, no interest on the monies invested, Oh, My God! If it was pure Sharia law imposed there would be no alcohol sold at all. The fact that they don't want liqour retailers is because of zoning restrictions by the city or by the atraction of liqour by the drink only. This is not unusual, it is done all over the USA, has been for years.
City owned land means that you lease the land the building will be built upon~duh!

I don't pretend to understand "Sharia finance" but apparently very few people do. But I do know this is another way "stealth jihad" is being imposed on America "from within".

Please explain this to me.

If I am buying a new home and seek out a financial institution or bank that has Islamic Compliant Loans.

How does this affect you ?

If I am buying a new home and seek out a financial institution or bank that has Islamic Compliant Loans.

Simple. Your wife must wear a tent, you have to beat her repeatedly just for general purposes, she can't drive or get an education, women and children have to eat in a separate room away from single men, no smoking or drinking on the premises.....etc.

Simple. Your wife must wear a tent, you have to beat her repeatedly just for general purposes, she can't drive or get an education, women and children have to eat in a separate room away from single men, no smoking or drinking on the premises.....etc.
So how does that affect you ?

Last edited:

I been to countries that have that kind of law, I refuse to live by that here.:evil:

So how does that affect you ?

Sorry, but being selfish and thinking of everything in terms of how it affects me personally isn't my bag baby.

When you start doing that you start compromising your principles.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back