Creeping Sharia in our Nation's Capitol

No one is asking you to.

Well you asked me.

My answer is that in some countries that seems to work for them, but coming here and trying to force those rules on us is wrong.

I have worked with all kinds of foreign troops. Pakistanis, Jordanians, Kuwaitis, Somalis, Germans, etc.

I don't try to impose my beliefs on them. I blend in and try to be like them when I'm in their countries. I don't tell them they must change to suit my personal sensitivities.

Ah sunni man. It's not about you. It's about the lender being the only game in town.

Many banks and financial institutions offer sharia compliant loans as an option for Muslims.

But it is far from being the only game in town.

When they are buying up blocks and blocks of prime real estate and squeezing out the competition, they will be the only game in town. DC isn't the only uber liberal city falling for this.

I hope Rep King has this on his agenda.

If one of the conditions were to be "No Jews Shall Be Served" I would have to decline.

Have you seen any evidence of that?

Besides, I doubt that I any Jew would be looking for a sharia loan.

Wierd thing happen all the time, what if they did? would they be turned away?

Muslims and Jews have almost the same prohibitions on such things as food and Usery.

Jews call it kosher and Muslims call it a halal.

Many Muslims will buy at a Jewish kosher store if there is not a Muslim halal store close by.

I would see no problem with a Jewish person getting a sharia loan since basically it meets Orthodox Jewish guidelines concerning interest.

But the orthodox Jews have had their own private lending and banking among their group for decades here in America.

So I would be very surprised if any came and sought out a sharia loan.

But if an Orthodox Jew came and wanted one I see no reason to deny him access.

Ah sunni man. It's not about you. It's about the lender being the only game in town.

Many banks and financial institutions offer sharia compliant loans as an option for Muslims.

When they are buying up blocks and blocks of prime real estate and squeezing out the competition, they will be the only game in town. DC isn't the only uber liberal city falling for this.

I hope Rep King has this on his agenda.

The city owns the land, the investors can't own the land, do u understand?

It's called free-market capitalism. :cool:

Chanel, are you just as upset about Bachmann's husband's Christian clinic getting tax payer money?

If not, why not?

Rape bothers me. Child abuse bothers me. People with bad teeth bother me.

This thread is about creeping Sharia.

Back to topic:

What are some of the risks of shariah-compliant finance?

National Security and Financial Risks: Islamists are attempting to impose Shariah Compliant Finance (SCF) on Western institutions to use our own financial strengths against us. The most serious problem with SCF is that it legitimates and institutionalizes Shariah law (i.e., Islamic law), a theo-political- legal doctrine violently opposed to Western values. With $1 -$2 trillion petrodollars annually looking for an investment home, blind exuberance is driving financial institutions to adopt SCF, without even a minimal baseline for legal compliance. This willful blindness, and lack of both transparency and due diligence may cause SCF to be the next sub-prime crisis, but this time with deadly consequences.

Legal Risks: Western financial institutions which adopt SCF may have criminal and civil exposure to claims of aiding and abetting sedition and the material support of terrorism, securities fraud, consumer fraud, racketeering, and antitrust violations, as well as exposure to tort claims for sedition and terrorism, and for the violation of internationally recognized norms of the law of nations.

Terror Financing Mechanism: SCF as monitored by paid Shariah law advisors to U.S. banking institutions must “purify” certain return on investment (ROI) dollars that do not meet Shariah law standards. This money must be donated to Islamic charities – including some that promote Jihad and support suicide bombing. Investment disclosures state that these profits can be as high as 6% of profits of investments. With $800 billion already in SCF assets, the potential for billions of dollars to be siphoned off for terrorism is real. This would be a serious criminal violation of U.S. law.
Consider this example: Shariah Mutual Funds promote themselves as “ethical funds.” To be Shariah-compliant, they donate “tainted” revenues to Shariah-compliant “charities.” A post 9-11 U.S. investor in a Shariah-compliant “ethical investment” is not told that Shariah law also requires imposing Shariah as U.S. law, execution of gays and female apartheid. Is he a victim of consumer fraud? Is this same post 9-11 investor unwittingly funding terror? The government has shut down the three largest Shariah-compliant charities in the U.S. – the Holy Land Foundation, Benevolence International Foundation, and the Global Relief Foundation – after proving they funded terrorist organizations.The American taxpayer deserves answers to these questions. The Center for Security Policy (CSP) is meeting directly with members of Congress, U.S. regulatory agencies and Wall Street financial institutions in order to ensure the enforcement of existing U.S. laws on sedition, disclosure, material support of terrorism, and money-laundering. CSP is committed to revealing the civil liability and criminal exposure of Shariah law and Shariah-compliant finance.

How does shariah finance relate to shariah itself?

Shariah finance is indistinguishable from shariah itself, since its followers consider shariah immutable, indivisible, and mandatory for Muslims to follow in all aspects of life. Muslims are not allowed to pick and choose different aspects of shariah to follow. Anyone that infers that shariah finance is something apart from shariah is simply being dishonest. In fact, the main purpose of shariah finance is to promote shariah.

About Shariah Finance | Shariah Finance Watch

The development will not be able to lease space to banks due to the Shariah prohibition on paying or receiving interest. This would of course not apply to Shariah-compliant banks and we would not be surprised at all to see such a bank emerge as a possible tenant in CityCenterDC at some point. It will be interesting to see if this amounts to unfair trade practices. Perhaps there could be a legal challenge if this does transpire…

THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD: Qatari Investors Successfully Impose Shariah in Washington DC | Shariah Finance Watch

Rape bothers me. Child abuse bothers me. People with bad teeth bother me.

Then u would not like it here in SW Mizzouri, the country bumkins here are rapists, murders, child abusers and have bad teeth.

And when u get a loan at a bank here in the USA you never have restrictions. I have a loan on my 43 acres, I can't do anything with the land that alters it's value without permission from my lender.
Just because its' Sharia law does not mean it is terror money, unless you don't like the Arabs spending monies on hot blondes and limos.

Forum List

Back