Creationists suffer another legal defeat

Why are you mad at Texas when they discriminate against gays, but cheer when they discriminate against Christians? Just odd

this isn't discrimination against Christians. its protection of vulnerable children in public schools so they are not brought up learning fairy tales and that if they don't follow ten rules they will burn in hell. it is about preserving our country and attempting to regain our former supremacy in math, science, and engineering instead of filling a generation's head with lunacy that directly contradicts provable science.

Yes it's too much to ask that society follow the principles set forth in those "ten rules". :cuckoo:

why should we have to follow those ten rules? why not the five precepts instead? why should a teacher in a public school get to pick what rules to tell kids they should follow the rest of their lives?

and you brought up math teachers. Post a single link of a math teacher teaching creativity.

Poway Unified sued over removal of teacher's 'God' signs

He asked for a link that shows a math teacher "teaching" creativity.

You fail!!

I don't know what's funnier, the fact you can't comprehend what you read or the idiots thanking you for the post.

The Swift Report: Math for Believers: 'Deometry' is Hot Subject for Fall

Forget about isosceles triangles and the Pythagorean Theorem—they're square. The hottest trend in high-school math these days is deometry, the study of how the Creator created points, lines, angles, shapes and proofs. While critics decry the entry of religion into math class, fans of the new teaching method maintain that by giving God a primary role in geometry and other fields of mathematics, they are merely restoring balance to an area that has sought to remove all vestiges of religion from the public polygon.

'On the fourth day God created the triangle'

TOPEKA, KS—It's back to school time and for Topeka High School freshmen that means geometry, a form of mathematics that has bedeviled high-school students since the beginning of time. But this year, the freshman class will be introduced to something different: deometry, the study of how the Creator created points, lines, angles, shapes and proofs.

Why are you mad at Texas when they discriminate against gays, but cheer when they discriminate against Christians? Just odd

this isn't discrimination against Christians. its protection of vulnerable children in public schools so they are not brought up learning fairy tales and that if they don't follow ten rules they will burn in hell. it is about preserving our country and attempting to regain our former supremacy in math, science, and engineering instead of filling a generation's head with lunacy that directly contradicts provable science.

Yes it's too much to ask that society follow the principles set forth in those "ten rules". :cuckoo:

How many of those "10 rules" are codified as law?

You should stick to spankin your monkey Bucko..there is no master plan.

I guess we'll all find out when our time here is over.

Until that time I will continue to try to understand this wonderful universe that I have the privelige to inhabit.

What you are trying to convince me of is that members of an agrarian society over the period from 5000 thousand years ago to 2000 years ago, totally understood the working of the universe. That they had such a personal relationship with the Diety that everything they stated will stand for all time.

Simply, humans wrote the Bible.

Explain the knowledge these humans must have had in order to write of things that wasn't scientific fact until centuries later.

For example the Bible includes a reasonably complete description of the hydrological cycle in Psalms 135:7, Jeremiah 10:13 and Job 36:27-29. The Bible speaks of how the clouds hold vast amount of water and speaks about the hydrothermal vents in Genesis 7:11 and Job 38:16, written before 1400BC—more than 3,000 years before their discovery by science.

There are statements consistent with geology, physics, paleontology, astronomy, meteorology, biology and anthropology written by men hundreds or even thousands of years before being recorded elsewhere.

Ecclesiastes 1:6, "The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits."

This describes the jet stream, first discovered by airmen in WWII.

In Psalms 8:8 and Isaiah 43:16 it speaks about "paths" in the ocean, it wasn't until the 1800's when scientist discovered that the oceans had circulating currents or paths.

"By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible." Hebrews 11"3 written between 64-68 AD.

This speaks about things made up of sub-atomic particles invisible to the naked eye. The first sub-atomic particle to be discovered by modern science was the electron. It was first discovered by J.J. Thomson in 1897.

How many of those "10 rules" are codified as law?

Which explains the origin of said laws.

Here's what the ICR teaches:

Peer-reviewed creationist research? HAHAHAhahahahaha! | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

Addressing the need to disseminate the vast field of research conducted by experts in geology, genetics, astronomy, and other disciplines of science, IJCR provides scientists and students hard data based on cutting-edge research that demonstrates the young earth model, the global Flood, the non-evolutionary origin of the species, and other evidences that correlate to the biblical accounts.

They teach the earth is 6000yp (young earth model)
They teach that evolution is wrong

All that's missing is a mention of moon light :cuckoo:

I bet they teach that dinosaurs and men lived at the same time.

why should we have to follow those ten rules? why not the five precepts instead? why should a teacher in a public school get to pick what rules to tell kids they should follow the rest of their lives?

Now you're just making shit up.

and you brought up math teachers. Post a single link of a math teacher teaching creativity.

Poway Unified sued over removal of teacher's 'God' signs

You fail!!

I don't know what's funnier, the fact you can't comprehend what you read or the idiots thanking you for the post.

Oh, you live near Poway? Then you and I live not to far apart....because I live 10 miles away and have followed what EXACTLY this guy was doing. I will try to find articles on it but he also had students do PROJECTS on the Christian Religion....a Math teacher.

You fail!!

Forget about isosceles triangles and the Pythagorean Theorem—they're square. The hottest trend in high-school math these days is deometry, the study of how the Creator created points, lines, angles, shapes and proofs. While critics decry the entry of religion into math class, fans of the new teaching method maintain that by giving God a primary role in geometry and other fields of mathematics, they are merely restoring balance to an area that has sought to remove all vestiges of religion from the public polygon.

TOPEKA, KS—It's back to school time and for Topeka High School freshmen that means geometry, a form of mathematics that has bedeviled high-school students since the beginning of time. But this year, the freshman class will be introduced to something different: deometry, the study of how the Creator created points, lines, angles, shapes and proofs.

The Bible is very educational, perhaps you should read it. I still don't see this as forcing a particular religious belief on anyone.

what? there are tens if not hundreds of instances of teachers in public schools lecturing kids as if it was a religion class in a private school

Here's what the ICR teaches:

Peer-reviewed creationist research? HAHAHAhahahahaha! | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

Addressing the need to disseminate the vast field of research conducted by experts in geology, genetics, astronomy, and other disciplines of science, IJCR provides scientists and students hard data based on cutting-edge research that demonstrates the young earth model, the global Flood, the non-evolutionary origin of the species, and other evidences that correlate to the biblical accounts.

They teach the earth is 6000yp (young earth model)
They teach that evolution is wrong

All that's missing is a mention of moon light :cuckoo:

I bet they teach that dinosaurs and men lived at the same time.

Job 40:15-24

what? there are tens if not hundreds of instances of teachers in public schools lecturing kids as if it was a religion class in a private school

Then it should be easy for you to link to one that supports your claim that public school teachers are trying to pick what rules children should live by.

You fail!!

Oh, you live near Poway? Then you and I live not to far apart....because I live 10 miles away and have followed what EXACTLY this guy was doing. I will try to find articles on it but he also had students do PROJECTS on the Christian Religion....a Math teacher.

The story doesn't follow your rhetoric nor does it show the teacher "teaching" about creativity. And no I don't live near Poway.

You fail!!

The Bible is very educational, perhaps you should read it. I still don't see this as forcing a particular religious belief on anyone.

Liar

You asked for proof that a math teacher was teaching creationism. I posted the proof, but you're too much of a liar to admit being wrong, so you "move the goalposts" and find something new to whine about

You're a coward

You fail!!

Read it twice before I was 12. It is educational, but not in a scientific way.

Forum List

Back