Creationists suffer another legal defeat

the teacher can believe in god, that is fine, they just can't shove that crap down any students throat and can't tell kids that the earth is 6000 years old, evolution isn't real, the moon produces light, and all the other nonsense in the bible that is provably wrong

Why don't you stop being a child and crying about the Bible being provably wrong and how stupid Christians are and then maybe we can have an actual debate about why you feel a math teacher who believes in God would do any of the things you suggested....

Until then, this thread is a joke................... You cry about hatred towards one group and then take part in the hatred of another. Hypocrite.

you are being dense as usual. As I said in my last post, a math teacher can be religious and teach math as well as anyone else as long as the nonsense in the bible doesn't slant her teaching. if she sticks to real science and not junk then everything is okay. unfortunately, as shown numerous times, people can't seem to leave their religion behind and instead start forcing it on people like the science teachers who dissed evolution and discuss creationism in science classrooms

They should not be able to spew their political views either. If you are going to enforce something silly like this, you need to enforce all views outside of school studies.

if you think math stops at addition you have problems. also 2+2=5 in certain situations in beyond basic math

about your question, for instance, one of the main theories of creationism is that light used to travel faster than it does now (which is impossible according to einsteins laws) and then creationist use this idea to explain how we see things that are billions of light years away. There idea is that light traveled faster back then so it could have got closer to us without it having to take billions of years to get to us in order to make the earth being around 6k years be plausible.

It always amuses me when people who do not understand science attempt to prove that other people who do not understand science are fools.

First, Einstein's general theory of relativity is a theory, not a law. The reason that it is a theory is that not all observable phenomena fits neatly into his equations. There is plenty of evidence that his theory of gravity needs tweaking because it real objects don't follow the paths expected, and gravity seems to be a little stronger than we thought.

Pioneer anomaly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is evidence that constants of the universe might not be constant. It usually doesn't get outside the circles of science, but it exists. It doesn't make creationist right, but it might make everything we currently believe wrong.

Inconstant Constants: Scientific American

No, QW, that does not make the things that we know wrong. No more than the Newtonian observations are wrong. In most applications in real life, they are close enough. Only when we get into relitivistic speeds, or distances, both large and small, do they fail to predict what will happen.

the teacher can believe in god, that is fine, they just can't shove that crap down any students throat and can't tell kids that the earth is 6000 years old, evolution isn't real, the moon produces light, and all the other nonsense in the bible that is provably wrong

Where does the Bible say that 6000 years old, that evolution is not real, or that the moon produces light?

:eusa_eh:

have you not read it?

More than once, which is why I am positive that it says none of those things. Since you claim it does, please let me know what version of the Bible you are reading, and what verses say those things.

No, QW, that does not make the things that we know wrong. No more than the Newtonian observations are wrong. In most applications in real life, they are close enough. Only when we get into relitivistic speeds, or distances, both large and small, do they fail to predict what will happen.
That should confuse the shit out of him.

Really?

Please explain to me where I mentioned anything that had to do with relativistic speeds. The two Pioneer probes might be traveling faster than any other man made objects, but those speeds are far from relativistic.

Don't worry though, I have already noticed that you tend to spew "facts" that have little or no relation to the real world, so I am not disappointed.

Last edited:
The conservative Bush Republican appointed Federal judge in the Dover case called the intelligent design/creationist attorneys liars, fabricators, distorters and twisters of "facts".
As a Christian I am embarrassed by the lies school board memvers testify to in open court. Judge Johnson in the Dover case considered perjury indictments sought from the US attorney in that Pa. district.
The fight against evolution has turned into that by the religous right. It is OK to lie in open court according to them. "God wants us to" is their cry.
They do it because deep down they KNOW evolution is fact and most Christians agree.

I have to wonder if these are the same kind of people who cry that we should never trust the word of a Muslim because their religion tells them it's ok to lie...

BTW...having the Religious Far Right use lies to get what they want is nothing new to us in California. Their lies were all over Prop H8.

Why are you mad at Texas when they discriminate against gays, but cheer when they discriminate against Christians? Just odd

this isn't discrimination against Christians. its protection of vulnerable children in public schools so they are not brought up learning fairy tales and that if they don't follow ten rules they will burn in hell. it is about preserving our country and attempting to regain our former supremacy in math, science, and engineering instead of filling a generation's head with lunacy that directly contradicts provable science.
So you have no problem allowing gay couples around children but you do not like the idea of children being taught about christian views?
You're really a hardassed homophobe. You must be so proud.

Go science. People think we aren't moving forward. Getting away from pagan religions of all kinds is good. Especially fundamentalist Christians who murder at the highest rates.

Why are you mad at Texas when they discriminate against gays, but cheer when they discriminate against Christians? Just odd

because

texas IS trying to discriminate against gays (you got that part right...surprisingly...)

and discrimination against people due to sexual orientationis 1. WRONG and 2. an example of CONSERVATIVE BIG GOVERNMENT INTRUSION

while

texas is NOT discriminating against christians...

they are merely denying charlatans the right to hand out LEGAL DEGREES to brainwashed morons who don't deserve them

big difference...

You know what's funny is that the facts speak that as our nation has moved further from God so to has our lead in those very areas. :lol:

But the idea that you think some kid won't learn his math as well if the teacher believes in God is truly laughable. I mean someone could use the exact same argument to suggest that a gay couldn't teach math as well as a straight person. They are equally stupid arguments.

Why don't you stop being a child and crying about the Bible being provably wrong and how stupid Christians are and then maybe we can have an actual debate about why you feel a math teacher who believes in God would do any of the things you suggested....

Until then, this thread is a joke................... You cry about hatred towards one group and then take part in the hatred of another. Hypocrite.

Teachers have told their students that the earth is 6000yo, and that evolution isn't real. IMO, that's enough reason to think a teacher would do it.

Here's what the ICR teaches:

Peer-reviewed creationist research? HAHAHAhahahahaha! | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

Addressing the need to disseminate the vast field of research conducted by experts in geology, genetics, astronomy, and other disciplines of science, IJCR provides scientists and students hard data based on cutting-edge research that demonstrates the young earth model, the global Flood, the non-evolutionary origin of the species, and other evidences that correlate to the biblical accounts.

They teach the earth is 6000yp (young earth model)
They teach that evolution is wrong

All that's missing is a mention of moon light :cuckoo:

Religious wackos and atheist wackos need to be put on an island and given nothing but cases of metal baseball bats.

Talk about irony - both sides trying to jam their beliefs down the others throat. The issue has nothing to do with religion.

don't deny us the comedy of the fundementalist wacko's, are you not educated enough to be an athiest?

this isn't discrimination against Christians. its protection of vulnerable children in public schools so they are not brought up learning fairy tales and that if they don't follow ten rules they will burn in hell. it is about preserving our country and attempting to regain our former supremacy in math, science, and engineering instead of filling a generation's head with lunacy that directly contradicts provable science.

Yes it's too much to ask that society follow the principles set forth in those "ten rules". :cuckoo:

stay on topic idiot instead of your usual deflection. did I say anything about a cross? I said its a problem when christian teachers in public schools start teaching creationism and young earth nonsense instead of science. I am guessing you are avoiding that topic because you agree with their stupidity?

and you brought up math teachers. Post a single link of a math teacher teaching creativity.

Poway Unified sued over removal of teacher's 'God' signs

He asked for a link that shows a math teacher "teaching" creativity.

You fail!!

I don't know what's funnier, the fact you can't comprehend what you read or the idiots thanking you for the post.

Ohio teacher faces firing for teaching creationism Why Evolution Is True

Ohio teacher faces firing for teaching creationism
Yesterday’s New York Times describes the case of John Freshwater, an Ohio teacher who was suspended for prosyletizing in the science classroom, and for burning crosses into his students’ arms as a demonstration of electricity. The final verdict on his case, which has gone on for nearly two years, will be handed down tomorrow.

Mr. Freshwater, an eighth-grade public school science teacher, is accused of burning a cross onto the arms of at least two students and teaching creationism, charges he says have been fabricated because he refused an order by his principal to remove a Bible from his desk. . .

In a radio interview in 2008, he said he had been a target for removal since 2003, when he proposed that the school board adopt a policy to teach evolution as theory, not proven scientific fact. “I ruffled some feathers,” he said. . .

One high school teacher said she consistently had to reteach evolution to Mr. Freshwater’s students because they did not master the basics. Another testified that Mr. Freshwater told his students they should not always take science as fact, citing as an example a study that posited the possibility of a gene for homosexuality.“Science is wrong,” Mr. Freshwater was reported as saying, “because the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin, and so anyone who is gay chooses to be gay and is therefore a sinner.”

A third teacher testified that Mr. Freshwater advised students to refer to the Bible for additional science research.

School officials said Mr. Freshwater’s science classroom was adorned with at least four copies of the Ten Commandments and several other posters that included verses from Scripture.

Forum List

Back