Creationists suffer another legal defeat

:eusa_eh:

have you not read it?

More than once, which is why I am positive that it says none of those things. Since you claim it does, please let me know what version of the Bible you are reading, and what verses say those things.

They have arrived at the circa 6000 years number by taking the ages of the fictional characters in the Bible; Take Adam's age, add everyone he begat and they begat and so on, and you arrive at roughly 6000 years. The story of Genesis states that man was created the day after animals... Or the day before, I can't remember... Which negates evolution. Not sure about the moon producing light one.

Are you trying to defend blu here?

Somebody adding up the ages of people in the Bible does not equate the Bible saying the Earth is 6000 years old, nor does it mean the Bible says anything about evolution. All it means is that somebody is using the Bible to try to argue about things it does not discuss.

More than once, which is why I am positive that it says none of those things. Since you claim it does, please let me know what version of the Bible you are reading, and what verses say those things.

They have arrived at the circa 6000 years number by taking the ages of the fictional characters in the Bible; Take Adam's age, add everyone he begat and they begat and so on, and you arrive at roughly 6000 years. The story of Genesis states that man was created the day after animals... Or the day before, I can't remember... Which negates evolution. Not sure about the moon producing light one.

Somebody adding up the ages of people in the Bible does not equate the Bible saying the Earth is 6000 years old, nor does it mean the Bible says anything about evolution. All it means is that somebody is using the Bible to try to argue about things it does not discuss.

Ummm, they do say that Bible says the earth is only 6000yo moron. Maybe you just don't understand what the words "They have arrived at the circa 6000 years by..." mean

Ummm, they do say that Bible says the earth is only 6000yo moron. Maybe you just don't understand what the words "They have arrived at the circa 6000 years by..." mean

Where does it say that? Until you can point to the actual words in the Bible you cannot say the Bible says anything, all you can do is point to people who think the Bible says something, and claim that their belief makes it so. This makes you as foolish as they are, maybe more foolish, because you claim to have an open mind and then demonstrate that you do not.

Where does it say that? Until you can point to the actual words in the Bible you cannot say the Bible says anything, all you can do is point to people who think the Bible says something, and claim that their belief makes it so. This makes you as foolish as they are, maybe more foolish, because you claim to have an open mind and then demonstrate that you do not.

Let me rephrase... Slowly.

The Bible provides a history of existence. Before the first line, there was nothing, only God. Man was created on a certain day, 5th, 6th, who the fuck can remember. This was Adam.

Adam had children. The Bible provides when these children were born, how long they lived, and when they had children of their own. These children also had children, and the bible provides when they were born, how long they lived, and when they had children of their own... And so on.

By using mathematics, you can contrive from biblical scripture how many years passed between the creation of existence up to a point in the bible to historical events. The time from these historical events (eg, the life of Jesus), up until today, has been relatively well documented.

A rigid interpretation of the bible mandates, yes mandates that the earth is only about 6000 years old. As my Sunday school teacher used to say, "There are no mistakes in the bible." If you subscribe to this manifesto, you admit that you believe the earth is only 6000 years old.

If you are a more "reformed" Jew or Christian, then you must admit that there are mistakes in the bible, in which case you can claim Judaism or Christianity while not suggesting that the earth is only 6000 years old. This is a fascination I don't quite understand, but if you fall into that category, you are not alone.

What you CANNOT do, is claim that A.) There are no mistakes in the bible, and also B.) The earth is billions of years old. The two are fundamentally incompatible.

Last edited:
You should stick to spankin your monkey Bucko..there is no master plan.

I guess we'll all find out when our time here is over.

Until that time I will continue to try to understand this wonderful universe that I have the privelige to inhabit.

What you are trying to convince me of is that members of an agrarian society over the period from 5000 thousand years ago to 2000 years ago, totally understood the working of the universe. That they had such a personal relationship with the Diety that everything they stated will stand for all time.

Simply, humans wrote the Bible.

Directed by God, who also embodies the word.

Nothing simple about it.

Let me rephrase... Slowly.

Please do, this should be fun.

The Bible provides a history of existence. Before the first line, there was nothing, only God. Man was created on a certain day, 5th, 6th, who the fuck can remember. This was Adam.

The Bible is allegorical, not literal. I am aware that there are a number of people who disagree with this, but I am not responsible for their thinking. Even if you take the Bible literally, you cannot use it to prove that the Earth is only 6000 years old, as quite a few people who do take it literally will admit.

Your insisting that the fringe groups who insist on interpreting the Bible in a way that is erroneous are the only authorities who matter makes as much sense as me insisting that you are a communist because you don't believe that La Rouche is the guiding force behind the Democratic Party, and that all Democrats are racist. In other words, none at all.

Adam had children. The Bible provides when these children were born, how long they lived, and when they had children of their own. These children also had children, and the bible provides when they were born, how long they lived, and when they had children of their own... And so on.

Very good, but that genealogy is obviously incomplete if you examine it. There are times when it skips generations. As a result trying to make a chronology based solely on genealogy is doomed to failure.

By using mathematics, you can contrive from biblical scripture how many years passed between the creation of existence up to a point in the bible to historical events. The time from these historical events (eg, the life of Jesus), up until today, has been relatively well documented.

Using math based on faulty assumptions is going to produce erroneous answers. But continue on, this is much more interesting than doing this with someone who actually believes this stuff you are trying to convince me is wrong.

A rigid interpretation of the bible mandates, yes mandates that the earth is only about 6000 years old. As my Sunday school teacher used to say, "There are no mistakes in the bible." If you subscribe to this manifesto, you admit that you believe the earth is only 6000 years old.

Why does it mandate this? You are the only person I have ever encountered, including people who believe in the Bible as being literally true. I would love to see you justify something that no one else I have ever met believes.

If you are a more "reformed" Jew or Christian, then you must admit that there are mistakes in the bible, in which case you can claim Judaism or Christianity while not suggesting that the earth is only 6000 years old. This is a fascination I don't quite understand, but if you fall into that category, you are not alone.

It doesn't matter what I believe, I am challenging you to defend what you say the Bible says. Nice try at deflection though, you are the one making a fool out of yourself, not me.

What you CANNOT do, is claim that A.) There are no mistakes in the bible, and also B.) The earth is billions of years old. The two are fundamentally incompatible.

Are they?

Did you know that the word translated day in Genesis 1 is the same word that is also translated as times, year, and other periods of time? Don't fall into the trap of trying to limit a language just because other people do. When people say back in the day, are they actually talking about a speicifc day, or a longer period of time?

It always amuses me when people try to tell me what I am supposed to believe, so please keep it up. I enjoy it a lot.

No it doesn't. You just claim your religion is better than mine.:eusa_hand:

i don't have a religion. math & science are proven while creationism is provably false

You keep saying that and it's ridiculous.

Please prove the idea of a single creator of the universe is false.

You can't. You fail.

And the Chudnovsky Brothers believe in God.

Creationism and ID should be taught in schools.
In religion and philosophy classes only.
If they was any credible evicence to their validity as science then why do their supporters have to lie in open court to attempt to prove theor cases?
Read the Dover case and the Judge's opinion.

No it doesn't. You just claim your religion is better than mine.:eusa_hand:

i don't have a religion. math & science are proven while creationism is provably false

You keep saying that and it's ridiculous.

Please prove the idea of a single creator of the universe is false.

You can't. You fail.

And the Chudnovsky Brothers believe in God.

Good point as I have been making that point for 40 years.
NO ONE can prove the idea of a single creator of the universe is false.
You left out this:
NO ONE can prove the idea of a single creator of the universe as TRUE.
Why are both of those statements true?
Because they both are BELIEFS.
Allie, beliefs are not science. You can not test beliefs by the scientific method. Evolution has been tested by the scientific method and held up.

Last edited:

What about it, Evolutionary biologists still can't prove (without a shadow of doubt) how the world was created. So this just shows how some idiots follow one more than the other. it will all come clear at your death, but then if you followed the wrong one it will be to late to change sides.

Apples and oranges.
Evolutionary biologists DO NOT study the earth.

What about it, Evolutionary biologists still can't prove (without a shadow of doubt) how the world was created. So this just shows how some idiots follow one more than the other. it will all come clear at your death, but then if you followed the wrong one it will be to late to change sides.

Apples and oranges.
Evolutionary biologists DO NOT study the earth.

Well excuse me, i meant the National Center for Science Education. I changed my original post, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Forum List

Back