Court rules US schools can ban US flag shirts on cinco de mayo

This is HORRIBLE
Schools banning patriotic students from showing the flag

In reality, the students wore their flag shirts just to provoke Mexican students and say....Fuck you and your holiday. Not exactly patriotic

The school banned the shirts not because they supported the Mexican holiday over the US Flag but because the shirts were causing fights between students

The school was seeking to defuse a potentially violent situation

Burning one would be a-ok in your book too, as long as it avoids violence.......:thup:

If Mexican students are offended by our flag on ANY day, maybe they should go somewhere else?......... :eusa_whistle:

The school thought it was the kids wearing the flag shirts that were creating the problem. The court agreed with them

This is HORRIBLE

In reality, the students wore their flag shirts just to provoke Mexican students and say....Fuck you and your holiday. Not exactly patriotic

The school banned the shirts not because they supported the Mexican holiday over the US Flag but because the shirts were causing fights between students

Burning one would be a-ok in your book too, as long as it avoids violence.......:thup:

If Mexican students are offended by our flag on ANY day, maybe they should go somewhere else?......... :eusa_whistle:

The school thought it was the kids wearing the flag shirts that were creating the problem. The court agreed with them

The court sided with a group that were making threats. Incorrect ruling and will be overturned.

This is HORRIBLE

The school administrators were being mindless bureaucrats and PC cowards. The court agreed with THAT.

Not necessary to spot a racist little pissant who thinks he's being cute with a famous black person for an avatar. Just like the sweethearts who wear American Flag shirts to provoke trouble on Cinco De Mayo.

Your shit stinks to high heaven.

Are you casting some accusation against me personally, asshole?

If the sheet and pointy hat fit…. wear it...

If you are accusing me of being racist you had better find some evidence to support the charge or withdraw it and apologize at once. Go ahead, asshole, go find some.

STILL waiting, asshole. Are you avoiding now instead of being a man and apologizing as you should?

This is HORRIBLE

We live in the USA. The solution is to cancel the Mexican holiday, not ban the US flag.

Under no circumstances, I repeat under no circumstances should we have events or rules that require we ban our flag. Our flag should supersede all else, no exceptions.

:clap2: :clap2:

This is HORRIBLE

You mean liberal pussies agree with other liberal pussies? omgnoway! ........

So you'd be ok with a court telling a bunch of black guys that show up at a KKK rally with their " Fuck the KKK " t-shirts to turn them inside out? According to your asinine logic, the black guys would be creating the problem, so they need to turn their shirts inside out. I'd be totally with them displaying their "fuck the KKK" t-shirts, but that's just me... :thup:

Last edited:
This is HORRIBLE

Usually when someone uses a court case to promote a political cause, they only give you half the story. I get that.

But what were the kids who were wearing the flags doing that was provocative? I believe it is THAT behavior that should have been targeted, not the wearing of the flag.

Not necessary to spot a racist little pissant who thinks he's being cute with a famous black person for an avatar. Just like the sweethearts who wear American Flag shirts to provoke trouble on Cinco De Mayo.

Your shit stinks to high heaven.

Are you casting some accusation against me personally, asshole?

If the sheet and pointy hat fit…. wear it.

If you are accusing me of being racist you had better find some evidence to support the charge or withdraw it and apologize at once. Go ahead, asshole, go find some.

STILL waiting, asshole. Are you avoiding now instead of being a man and apologizing as you should?

I guess you are. If nothing else, you have now clearly established your lack of character.

So you'd be ok with a court telling a bunch of black guys that show up at a KKK rally with their " Fuck the KKK " t-shirts to turn them inside out? According to your asinine logic, the black guys would be creating the problem, so they need to turn their shirts inside out. I'd be totally with them displaying their "fuck the KKK" t-shirts, but that's just me... :thup:

A public street has more freespeech protections than a school

Schools are given the lattitude to set personal performance rules

The court sided with a group that were making threats. Incorrect ruling and will be overturned.

Evidently not

The school proved in court that it was an appropriate response to the situation

This is HORRIBLE

It's a pretty sad (and telling) day when Americans cannot fly, wear, use, wave the American Flag any day of the week, wherever they want, wave any time they want.

The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves again. I ain't dead yet, but first thing I would do is take my kid to school with my car painted as the flag, then I would pick him up in that car at the end of the day and homeschool him for the rest of the years he was to be in school. And if my kid wanted to wear the flag tshirt, I would let him, and wear one of my own as well.

When is enough going to be enough??

so does this mean i get to threaten puerto ricans that display their flag on july 4th?

Yes, yes it does.

shit for brains.

Puerto rico is the united states.

dog shit for brains-
puerto rico is a territory of the united states with their own flag!! They don't vote in u.s. National elections, they have a non-voting representative in the u.s. Congress, and they vote majority not to become a state every time it's on the ballot!! They are extremely nationalistic and would totally separate themselves from the u.s. If it were not for the billion or so dollars they get from us every year!!

Evidently not

The school proved in court that it was an appropriate response to the situation

OTOH, you may be right since govt schools are little indoctrination camps that do not promote free speech anymore.

A public street has more freespeech protections than a school

Schools are given the lattitude to set personal performance rules

It's not the first time or the last that a bunch of asshole liberals will be dead wrong........

So the Mexicans started fights because they didn't like the shirts. That tells me they have no plan to assimiliate and want to make sure we bow to their culture.

So if anti LGBT students started attacking LGBT students who wore LGBT rights shirts, you'd be fine with banning the LGBT shirts because the LGBTs were provoking?

Ummmm...actually, I would

When my kids went to school there were strict rules on what you could wear on a t-shirt. If you wore anything that was controversial you were told to take it off or turn it inside out

Schools have an obligation to keep the peace
How is the US flag controversial?

It offends Brown people. And Heaven Forbid we do that.

Forum List

Back