Court blocks release of sex offenders due out of jail

If you want a group of criminals to serve longer, than change the law, not say "Hahah you never get out!". Apart from that, the American term "Sex offender" can be anything from a 18 year old sleeping with his 17 year old girlfriend to a mass rapist.
There is a Urban myth of a guy who peed in the park and became a Sex offender because of that I dont know if this is true though.

That's not an urban myth, actually. Those convicted of public urination are eligible for classification as Level I sex offenders in some parts of the U.S.

Which is total insanity right there, as far as I'm concerned. And how "convenient" for the state's DOC (Department of Corrections) that they can get more warm bodies into their prisons on such mickey-mouse offenses, and make more money from them. Public urination should be made a low-MISDEMEANOR offense across the board, nothing more.

I'm of the opinion that public urination shouldn't be illegal, except for the contamination factor. Then again, I'm of the opinion that public intercourse shouldn't be illegal, but that's my extremist libertarian side chirping out.

I'm of the opinion that public urination shouldn't be illegal, except for the contamination factor. Then again, I'm of the opinion that public intercourse shouldn't be illegal, but that's my extremist libertarian side chirping out.

:lol: I agree, the contamination factor is a concern, for sanitary reasons. There are areas where there aren't nearly enough facilities built where one can get to a bathroom in time, like huge public parks where the nearest restroom could be over a mile away. As to public intercourse, I have to think a bit more on that issue. :eusa_angel:

public urination is exposing one's self...you want some freak pissing in front of your kids?

NO. That's an extreme case, which I really don't believe is all that common. What about a person who simply couldn't get to a restroom in time and was in fact deep in the bushes? Is that a person who is deliberately "exposing oneself?" Sorry, I don't think so.

If you want a group of criminals to serve longer, than change the law, not say "Hahah you never get out!". Apart from that, the American term "Sex offender" can be anything from a 18 year old sleeping with his 17 year old girlfriend to a mass rapist.
There is a Urban myth of a guy who peed in the park and became a Sex offender because of that I dont know if this is true though.

It sounds like they DID change the law, to require them to go through another hearing to determine whether they are still dangerous. I don't think it's Constitutional when applied to people sentenced before the law changed, though.

That's not an urban myth, actually. Those convicted of public urination are eligible for classification as Level I sex offenders in some parts of the U.S.

Which is total insanity right there, as far as I'm concerned. And how "convenient" for the state's DOC (Department of Corrections) that they can get more warm bodies into their prisons on such mickey-mouse offenses, and make more money from them. Public urination should be made a low-MISDEMEANOR offense across the board, nothing more.

Just because it's a sex offense doesn't mean it isn't a misdemeanor. It's a sexual offense because it ALSO involves exposing your genitals in public.

public urination is exposing one's self...you want some freak pissing in front of your kids?

NO. That's an extreme case, which I really don't believe is all that common. What about a person who simply couldn't get to a restroom in time and was in fact deep in the bushes? Is that a person who is deliberately "exposing oneself?" Sorry, I don't think so.

Who said it was common? Something doesn't have to be common to be a crime. And yes, that person is still deliberately exposing himself in public.

Who said it was common? Something doesn't have to be common to be a crime. And yes, that person is still deliberately exposing himself in public.

And do you have any actual justification for opposing that, other than "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?"

IF the person is deliberately standing in front of a group of people to do this, be they children or adults, then YES, that person is still exposing himself in public. And no, I don't believe that makes such a person a "dangerous sex offender" if that is all the person has done. Has that person HURT, harmed or injured anyone by doing so? Nope.

But that is NOT what I asked. I asked about "what about a person's going deep in the bushes to relieve him/herself because he/she couldn't get to a restroom in time" and you purposely avoided the question and made it something else entirely. That's called a false argument, or to put it another way, "apples and oranges."

Just because it's a sex offense doesn't mean it isn't a misdemeanor. It's a sexual offense because it ALSO involves exposing your genitals in public.

My point was that it should not be a felony offense anywhere, but a low misdemeanor offense nationwide instead. My apologies for not making that clearer the first time.

The unfortunate reality that you'll quickly learn here is that factual analysis means very little to Cesspoolie, and those who stubbornly insist on relying on it will find themselves the subject of imbecilic vilifications.

IF the person is deliberately standing in front of a group of people to do this, be they children or adults, then YES, that person is still exposing himself in public. And no, I don't believe that makes such a person a "dangerous sex offender" if that is all the person has done. Has that person HURT, harmed or injured anyone by doing so? Nope.

Okay, first of all, who said anything about "dangerous"? Where are you getting all these extra qualifiers you keep tacking on? First you're babbling about "common", and now you're babbling about "dangerous".

Second of all, who the hell are YOU to tell me I haven't been harmed by being forced to see someone's johnson whether I want to or not? Where do YOU get off defining harm for other people? I consider it a serious violation of my mental privacy to have stuff like that shoved on me without my consent.

[But that is NOT what I asked. I asked about "what about a person's going deep in the bushes to relieve him/herself because he/she couldn't get to a restroom in time" and you purposely avoided the question and made it something else entirely. That's called a false argument, or to put it another way, "apples and oranges."

I didn't make it anything else. It's not private enough. If it was a perfectly acceptable, private area for you to relieve yourself, the city would have installed toilets back there. I suggest you learn some more thorough toilet training and plan a little better.

My point was that it should not be a felony offense anywhere, but a low misdemeanor offense nationwide instead. My apologies for not making that clearer the first time.

Who ever said it WAS a felony offense anywhere? You should apologize for jumping to conclusions all over the place.

Second of all, who the hell are YOU to tell me I haven't been harmed by being forced to see someone's johnson whether I want to or not? Where do YOU get off defining harm for other people? I consider it a serious violation of my mental privacy to have stuff like that shoved on me without my consent.

That's obviously an insufficient criterion for criminalization. You might have a similar distaste for the obese wearing tight leather clothing, for instance, but would that constitute a justification for prohibiting them from doing so?

and it my opinion that if some goof..started fucking in front of my child in public or private
in would kick him in the head...but thats just my average American dad and parent side...chirping in....

Forum List

Back