Couple Win $11.2M Lottery, Give It All Away

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
Allen and Violet Large figured they were lucky enough already.

So when the Canadian couple hit it big in the lottery this year, they decided to give it away -- all of it. Since their July win, the elderly couple has donated nearly every cent of their $11.2 million winnings to charity. Call it the Larges' largess.

"What you've never had, you never miss," Violet Large, 78, told The Chronicle Herald in Canada. She and her 74-year-old husband, who live in Nova Scotia, said they first made sure their family was taken care of. But then, she said, they decided the money was "a big headache."

Canadian Couple Allen and Violet Large Win $11.2 Million Lottery, Then Give It All Away

I've heard this story before... Too bad they don't care to donate to the Big Black Dog retirement fund. I would appreciate it.

God bless them...they seem to know more about life than many folks!

they live in a beautiful place....Nova Scotia...we have a boat that goes over to Nova Scotia Daily, in the summer...

• Banned
I thought it was a nice story too. I read it in people magazine at the doctor's office while I was there on Friday,and didn't get to finish it. I looked it up online when I got home and decided to share.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back