Coulter to GOP: stop ‘Constantly Sucking Up’ to Latino Voters

Coulter is not stupid. She knows quite well that the Left can and will point to her inane comments and say, "See?"

Writing books is her strength. Have you read any of them? She's one of the best political writers of our day. Wow, she can destroy a liberal argument. As a libertarian, I tend to agree with her on fiscal issues and disagree with her on social and military. But she can write.

It's her speaking I agree with you. She acts too much like liberals. I do see some humorous irony in that, but I personally want to be bigger than the liberals, not do to them what they do to everyone else like she does.

Coulter is not stupid. She knows quite well that the Left can and will point to her inane comments and say, "See?"

Writing books is her strength. Have you read any of them? She's one of the best political writers of our day. Wow, she can destroy a liberal argument. As a libertarian, I tend to agree with her on fiscal issues and disagree with her on social and military. But she can write.

It's her speaking I agree with you. She acts too much like liberals. I do see some humorous irony in that, but I personally want to be bigger than the liberals, not do to them what they do to everyone else like she does.
She says outrageous things that attract attention. Which is sort of par for the course. Some pundit declares her career is over and then she writes another book and goes on talk shows.
And the libs fall for it every time.

My point is that she's one of the people liberals can easily use to their advantage. If the Republicans think that they have room to provide the Democrats with help, that's their call. It just seems to me that supporting and championing people who are essentially caricatures the opponent can use against them isn't a great political strategy.

She says outrageous things that attract attention. Which is sort of par for the course. Some pundit declares her career is over and then she writes another book and goes on talk shows.

My point is that she's one of the people liberals can easily use to their advantage. If the Republicans think that they have room to provide the Democrats with help, that's their call. It just seems to me that supporting and championing people who are essentially caricatures the opponent can use against them isn't a great political strategy.

What should the GOP do with such people? Tell them to shut up? It's a free country. And people like Coulter and Limbaugh appeal to ordinary people and explain things in simple terms. That they engage in the same kind of outrageous statements liberals make in the media every single day is just marketing.

What should the GOP do with such people? Tell them to shut up? It's a free country. And people like Coulter and Limbaugh appeal to ordinary people and explain things in simple terms. That they engage in the same kind of outrageous statements liberals make in the media every single day is just marketing.

Seems to me the party is scared.

They're scared of discussing race because they're afraid they'll be labeled "racist".

They're scared of speaking out against those who are hurting their party from within because they're afraid they'll be labeled "RINO's".

They can sit and watch on both issues, or they can grow a spine and lead.

The GOP is spending too much time sucking up to you, even though you are a joke. The Teabaggers are even more pathetic, because frankly, you can smell the racism.
Did you know the Democrats started the KKK and legislated Jim Crowe laws to keep the black man down after republicans freed them? TEAparty folks aren't the racists; its democrats just using different methods to keep blacks on the liberal plantation.

Yes, the idea that small government is racist is actually racist. Why would blacks, Latinos or other groups need government help and handouts more than whites do? That's the question Joe can't address. It's always funny when bigots "smell" bigotry. That the Mormon and Jew hater thinks tea partiers are racist is just amusing.

Ah, so at least one RWnut concedes that more whites than blacks receive benefits from the government.

the Welfare Queen is White!!! lolol

The GOP is spending too much time sucking up to you, even though you are a joke. The Teabaggers are even more pathetic, because frankly, you can smell the racism.
Did you know the Democrats started the KKK and legislated Jim Crowe laws to keep the black man down after republicans freed them? TEAparty folks aren't the racists; its democrats just using different methods to keep blacks on the liberal plantation.

Yes, the idea that small government is racist is actually racist. Why would blacks, Latinos or other groups need government help and handouts more than whites do? That's the question Joe can't address. It's always funny when bigots "smell" bigotry. That the Mormon and Jew hater thinks tea partiers are racist is just amusing.

Ah, so at least one RWnut concedes that more whites than blacks receive benefits from the government.

At least you admit that Democrats are the real racists and want to enslave blacks on their own plantation.

Seems to me the party is scared.

They're scared of discussing race because they're afraid they'll be labeled "racist".

They're scared of speaking out against those who are hurting their party from within because they're afraid they'll be labeled "RINO's".

They can sit and watch on both issues, or they can grow a spine and lead.

They're scared of that because every time they discuss race they're labeled racists. Every time they dont discuss race they're labeled racists. When BilL Cosby spoke at an NAACP convention and blamed young urban black men adopting the stereotypical ghetto nigga style for not being able to get a job he was frozen out. If he had been a Republican he would have been called a racist.
Because "racist" is anyone who doesnt follow the narrative of black oppression by whties.

It's not when you don't control the airwaves you mean. What she does is standard for the left. But they get the media painting their whacked out leftist views as normal. Republicans are just held to a completely different standard, Democrats are held to no standard. But I agree with you in that the observation doesn't change the reality of it.

Mexicans born here are some of the harshest critics about illegals....BUT....you wont hear too many say anything thanks to many on the far right who have turned this into a racial thing....look at some of the comments in this thread.....its even worse in others....why would they side with people who seem to think all Hispanics are the same?.....look at Katz's comments in this thread....she said in another thread that Mexicans change their ID's every few months....why would they want to side with assholes like her?...

Hispanic-American have to either piss or get off the pot. If they're Americans then they had better demonstrate it and if they want to side with Mexicans, then they're simply reinforcing the perception that much of white American has that "blood is thicker than national identity."
they do demonstrate it....when are "Americans" like you going to start treating other Americans with the same respect you think you deserve?...i noticed you said jack shit about the bigoted comments made about them.....why is that?....should they respect "Americans" who talk about them like Katz and Shootspeeders do?...

So long as they support racial/ethnic policies, they don't get any respect from me.
Rik as long as you dont treat the ones born and raised here with the same respect as you would other Americans,you know like not throwing them in the same bag as the illegals, i dont think you will get any respect from them either.....like i said before....i notice you are avoiding talking about racist comments made about the ones born here.....which is the reason a good deal of them dont and wont support the Right.....and go ahead and tell me that many whites dont support racial and ethnic policies....

The ones who are born and raised here still get affirmative action and all sorts of other benefits that poor white boys and girls don't get. I'm not going to condemn anyone for talking negatively about a people who stand apart from America. If you're an American, then speak out against hyphenated Americans who get special privileges under law and I have no problem with you, but if the person who is born here defends special privileges for themselves that other American don't get, then I'll join in the condemnation.

Why do you think that the political system is slowly sorting along racial lines - whites against minorities? Some whites who were Democrats 10 years ago are now Republicans because they've had enough with the race issues which permeate the Democratic Party - they just want an anti-racist, race-neutral, ideas focused political party and that's not the Democrats, it's the Republicans. I have no problem with Hispanics who are anti-racist and call for the elimination of race-based policies. The Republican Party didn't offer these Hispanics any bribes to join up, they offered these Hispanics exactly what they offer whites - no race based policies. If a Hispanic asks Republicans "what are you going to offer me, as a Hispanic, to join you guys?" the answer should be "Nothing. Do you still want to come over? Do you like the ideas of the Republican Party which apply equally to everyone? If you do, come on over."

As Coulter rightly notes, the Republicans don't have anything to offer Hispanics and so we're never going to be terribly popular with Hispanics. The real game is to drive home the point to whites that the Democrats are actively setting out to harm them with the racial spoils systems that they push to favor blacks, Hispanics, and Asians - it's a straight out taking from whites and giving to minorities. So long as minorities partake of racial bribes I'm not going to spare any effort from shaming them and the cost of them feeling badly about this is that they won't like Republicans, but the benefit is that Democratic whites will gradually have their eyes opening and leave the party, as they've been doing steadily now for decades.

The actual minority group who is most persuadable are Asians, already they're battling blacks and Hispanics in California (a one-party state) to keep Affirmative Action out of university admissions because any gain for blacks and Hispanics is going to come at the cost of reduced opportunity for QUALIFIED Asians. The position of Asians matches nicely with Republicans - no race based policies.
Rik....you just cant seem to grasp what im talking about....like so many others on the right......thats the 2nd post you just ignored the part about the racial bigotry i mentioned....and yet you said..... I have no problem with Hispanics who are anti-racist and call for the elimination of race-based policies.....but yet they are supposed to just accept the racist in that party you want them to join.....yea good luck with that.....

Compelling reason? Easy. There are successful Hispanics - do they want to align themselves with the moochers, the losers, who vote Democrat or do they want to see themselves as belonging with the winners, the successful people, the Republicans?

There's a lot of face, pride, involved here. Being seen as a Democratic moocher while your white colleagues are identifying as successful Republicans is going to be personally demeaning for a lot of Hispanic people who are successful in their lives. These are the very people that Republicans are capturing RIGHT now. They'll be recruiting up and coming successful people to switch over.

Actually, guy, nobody really wants to "identifying' as a Republican anymore.

Romney WON the majority of white men, white women and white youth. The loser whites stick with the Democrats and help them win elections but every year the smartest of those who remained bolt the party at every election and head for the Republicans.

Look at where the biggest movement happened in the '12 election - white youth fled the Democrats more so than white middle aged or white seniors. They see that the Democrats really have nothing to offer whites of their generation. All the racial goodies that the Democrats dangle for youth are all focused on youth of color.

Whites are NOT migrating TO the Democrats. Not one age group moved to the Democrats. All age groups fled the Democrats.

chart7-2.gif
If whites are fleeing the Democratic party...the GOP has a leaky boat. They're losing votes elsewhere, as evidenced by Obama's victory in 2012 despite predictions of Romney by a land slide.

I'm not assuming anything. it's the liberals on here who assumes we all need to PANDER to any group, race or color. If they didn't use class warfare they wouldn't have anything
Obama did not win by using class warfare.

Obama did not win because Romney didn't have a clear message. Americans heard it loud and clear after dozens of debates.

There are more Democrats in this country than Republicans, and Obama's strategists did a better job of mobilizing them to vote.

You're right that the GOP shouldn't pander to minorities and women. Their platform will turn off those voters anyway. It's better to go down while being true to yourselves.

you can't be living in reality
Romney's TAX RETURNS? The ad where Obama and Democrats had Republicans pushing grandma over a cliff in a wheelchair.
get real and get into real America
Real Americans voted for Obama in 2012 in much greater numbers than they voted for Romney. The trend against voting Republican has a correlation with the growing minority and female vote. That trend won't end. Get ready to deal with it.
The GOP should work with Hispanics like my friends I had in the military, conservative Hispanics that want a strong defense and stand for morals in society.

Ted Cruz fits this description, not your run of the mill Hispanic that believe illegals should be given amnesty.
lots of people dont believe in amnesty....but they also realize you are not going to kick 12 million people out of the Country....so they realize you are going to have to do something....

Doing nothing works better than granting Amnesty. Deporting 20 million infiltrators is certainly manageable if we can cope with the hissy fits of liberals and Hispanic activists. The message for Hispanic Americans is clear - remove your competitors in the labor market and YOUR INCOME WILL INCREASE. If Hispanic-Americans want to be thought of as Americans then they should side with Americans, if they want to be thought of as apart from Americans, then they can side with Mexican infiltrators. Regardless, the status quo of keeping the infiltrators in limbo can be maintained for decades/centuries as a policy and it's preferable to granting Amnesty.
Mexicans born here are some of the harshest critics about illegals....BUT....you wont hear too many say anything thanks to many on the far right who have turned this into a racial thing....look at some of the comments in this thread.....its even worse in others....why would they side with people who seem to think all Hispanics are the same?.....look at Katz's comments in this thread....she said in another thread that Mexicans change their ID's every few months....why would they want to side with assholes like her?...

Hispanic-American have to either piss or get off the pot. If they're Americans then they had better demonstrate it and if they want to side with Mexicans, then they're simply reinforcing the perception that much of white American has that "blood is thicker than national identity."
This is ridiculous.

In gross #'s yes, but blacks are more likely to be on welfare than whites.

In the OP, Coulter is quoted (and on video) as essentially telling the Right to give up on Latinos and not "suck-up" to them, whatever in the fuck that is supposed to mean.

LOL, being a liberal, you wouldn't know what that means, would you? I'll explain it.

Liberalism engages in an endless attempt to pit groups against each other, then you offer each group perks. Lower bar, handouts, validation, that sort of thing.

The idea of conservatism is that everyone benefits from the same policies. Everyone is a person first and a black, woman, gay, Latino, whatever after that. What she is saying is Latinos are people. Sell them on that message, don't suck up to them like liberals do and try to offer them perks. Coulter is clearly conservative, but she's no extreme than Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Olberman, Sharpton, Matthews, Maddow, Ed or all the liberal moonbats who drive the left.
That's way too complex for Statisheilhitler to grasp. You'll need something more easily undertstood. Try "Coulter says no to special perks for Hispanics." He might get that.
Only, that is not what she means. And Latinos don't want special perks, either. But I hope you keep saying this stuff right into 2016. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

In the OP, Coulter is quoted (and on video) as essentially telling the Right to give up on Latinos and not "suck-up" to them, whatever in the fuck that is supposed to mean.

LOL, being a liberal, you wouldn't know what that means, would you? I'll explain it.

Liberalism engages in an endless attempt to pit groups against each other, then you offer each group perks. Lower bar, handouts, validation, that sort of thing.

The idea of conservatism is that everyone benefits from the same policies. Everyone is a person first and a black, woman, gay, Latino, whatever after that. What she is saying is Latinos are people. Sell them on that message, don't suck up to them like liberals do and try to offer them perks. Coulter is clearly conservative, but she's no extreme than Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Olberman, Sharpton, Matthews, Maddow, Ed or all the liberal moonbats who drive the left.
That's way too complex for Statisheilhitler to grasp. You'll need something more easily undertstood. Try "Coulter says no to special perks for Hispanics." He might get that.
Only, that is not what she means. And Latinos don't want special perks, either. But I hope you keep saying this stuff right into 2016. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Remind me what Latinos want. ANd how you know this.

Compelling reason? Easy. There are successful Hispanics - do they want to align themselves with the moochers, the losers, who vote Democrat or do they want to see themselves as belonging with the winners, the successful people, the Republicans?

There's a lot of face, pride, involved here. Being seen as a Democratic moocher while your white colleagues are identifying as successful Republicans is going to be personally demeaning for a lot of Hispanic people who are successful in their lives. These are the very people that Republicans are capturing RIGHT now. They'll be recruiting up and coming successful people to switch over.

Actually, guy, nobody really wants to "identifying' as a Republican anymore.

Romney WON the majority of white men, white women and white youth. The loser whites stick with the Democrats and help them win elections but every year the smartest of those who remained bolt the party at every election and head for the Republicans.

Look at where the biggest movement happened in the '12 election - white youth fled the Democrats more so than white middle aged or white seniors. They see that the Democrats really have nothing to offer whites of their generation. All the racial goodies that the Democrats dangle for youth are all focused on youth of color.

Whites are NOT migrating TO the Democrats. Not one age group moved to the Democrats. All age groups fled the Democrats.

chart7-2.gif
If whites are fleeing the Democratic party...the GOP has a leaky boat. They're losing votes elsewhere, as evidenced by Obama's victory in 2012 despite predictions of Romney by a land slide.

A leaky boat can have it's holes fixed, unlike the sinking ship that Democrats command. Trende makes clear how to plug the leaks, same with Coulter.

they do demonstrate it....when are "Americans" like you going to start treating other Americans with the same respect you think you deserve?...i noticed you said jack shit about the bigoted comments made about them.....why is that?....should they respect "Americans" who talk about them like Katz and Shootspeeders do?...

So long as they support racial/ethnic policies, they don't get any respect from me.
Rik as long as you dont treat the ones born and raised here with the same respect as you would other Americans,you know like not throwing them in the same bag as the illegals, i dont think you will get any respect from them either.....like i said before....i notice you are avoiding talking about racist comments made about the ones born here.....which is the reason a good deal of them dont and wont support the Right.....and go ahead and tell me that many whites dont support racial and ethnic policies....

The ones who are born and raised here still get affirmative action and all sorts of other benefits that poor white boys and girls don't get. I'm not going to condemn anyone for talking negatively about a people who stand apart from America. If you're an American, then speak out against hyphenated Americans who get special privileges under law and I have no problem with you, but if the person who is born here defends special privileges for themselves that other American don't get, then I'll join in the condemnation.

Why do you think that the political system is slowly sorting along racial lines - whites against minorities? Some whites who were Democrats 10 years ago are now Republicans because they've had enough with the race issues which permeate the Democratic Party - they just want an anti-racist, race-neutral, ideas focused political party and that's not the Democrats, it's the Republicans. I have no problem with Hispanics who are anti-racist and call for the elimination of race-based policies. The Republican Party didn't offer these Hispanics any bribes to join up, they offered these Hispanics exactly what they offer whites - no race based policies. If a Hispanic asks Republicans "what are you going to offer me, as a Hispanic, to join you guys?" the answer should be "Nothing. Do you still want to come over? Do you like the ideas of the Republican Party which apply equally to everyone? If you do, come on over."

As Coulter rightly notes, the Republicans don't have anything to offer Hispanics and so we're never going to be terribly popular with Hispanics. The real game is to drive home the point to whites that the Democrats are actively setting out to harm them with the racial spoils systems that they push to favor blacks, Hispanics, and Asians - it's a straight out taking from whites and giving to minorities. So long as minorities partake of racial bribes I'm not going to spare any effort from shaming them and the cost of them feeling badly about this is that they won't like Republicans, but the benefit is that Democratic whites will gradually have their eyes opening and leave the party, as they've been doing steadily now for decades.

The actual minority group who is most persuadable are Asians, already they're battling blacks and Hispanics in California (a one-party state) to keep Affirmative Action out of university admissions because any gain for blacks and Hispanics is going to come at the cost of reduced opportunity for QUALIFIED Asians. The position of Asians matches nicely with Republicans - no race based policies.
Rik....you just cant seem to grasp what im talking about....like so many others on the right......thats the 2nd post you just ignored the part about the racial bigotry i mentioned....and yet you said..... I have no problem with Hispanics who are anti-racist and call for the elimination of race-based policies.....but yet they are supposed to just accept the racist in that party you want them to join.....yea good luck with that.....

I'm ignoring? OK, other than Linda Chavez why don't you link me to just one prominent Hispanic leader who is calling for the dismantlement of Affirmative Action and small business loans for minorities, deportation of all infiltrators, and the eradication of civil rights legislation in the private sector. Just one leader.

Let's see how anti-racist some Hispanics are.

But who cares? She has books to sell.

The GOP needs to decide how it's going to react to stuff that she and others like her say. Pretty soon, I'd think.

They need to follow her advice, that's what they need to do.

I dont recall Romney saying that.
Obama didnt deliver jackshit on healthcare reform, punting to Congressional Democrats, He couldn't even say whether he was for public option or not. The result was a bill so flawed it has yet to be implemented.
Obama had nothing to do with marriage equality. Congress rescinded DADT. The courts struck down state referenda passed by overwhelming majortiies, circumventing the will of the people.
Obama got us out of Iraq with a hasty ill-conceived withdrawal that now has us back in Iraq.
Obama delivered nothing but poverty, dependence, misery and death.

Yes, you aren't suffering from Obama Derangement Syndrome at all.

Congress rescinded DADT.

I didn't mention DADT, which was rescinded by executive order. Congress couldn't rescind DADT because it was never passed by Congress.

.I dont recall Romney saying that (He would get unemployment down to 6%) .

Romney vows to lower unemployment rate to 6 percent by end of first term TheHill

Obama got us out of Iraq with a hasty ill-conceived withdrawal that now has us back in Iraq.

No, what has us back in Iraq is the incompetence of the guy Bush put in Charge. Obama had the good sense to make aid contigent on him going.

My guess is after watching Obama fail miserably, I will go out on a limb here and say MR likely could have righted the ship in the first 4 years like Obama said he would. Seeing how stupid Obama is, likely not a very hard challenge

-Geaux

My guess is that Romney couldn't have righted the ship, he'd be like Captain Smith on the Titanic - the ship is sinking no matter what he does. Obama is actually making things worse, so Romney's best path is to do everything right and not accelerate the decline.

Forum List

Back