Could you be FORCED to leave your money in a bank?

One prominent investor says he foresees this regulation on the horizon...

Hendry said that he could imagine the instatement of a new regulation that might prevent people from withdrawing their money.

My fear -- and I do not say this lightly -- given the present peril with regard to the magnitude of losses on security portfolios held within predominantly the regional banks, you have to cast your mind back to 1934 and the Gold Reserve Act,” Hendry said. “I can actually conceive of a federal or treasury rule coming in and saying ‘for the next 180 days, you can’t pull your money out of the banking sector.’”

From a certain perspective I can see the utility of this kind of regulation. People are panicky...and just rumors of a collapse can become self fulfilling prophecy...

On the other hand...seems awfully authoritarian...

What are your thoughts?
Put it in Trump Bucks!

Slowly taking everything out of savings so as not to set off any alarms, I pay cash for a lot of stuff if I know that the person appreciates it. My doctor says "Cash is King" and thanks me every time.

I'm pretty sure $7k is a "safe" amount.

I think it's really a thousand or so higher, but it's best to err on the side of safety.

As teh Googling commences.. :auiqs.jpg:

I might can find out if you're lying or not.

And if this guy actually owned anything he could have responded back by now.

Okay, so how many grains are the bullets those 1911s shoot?
3 shoot .45 ACP
1 shoots 9mm

.45 I use 230 Grain PMC for the range
9mm I use whatever I have, but usually 124 grain

shall I show you a box of my ammo?

3 shoot .45 ACP
1 shoots 9mm

.45 I use 230 Grain PMC for the range
9mm I use whatever I have, but usually 124 grain

shall I show you a box of my ammo?
Actually I'm satisfied. :D Thank you.

That was the right answer, some people lie, and you're new.

I'm not much on pistols myself..it's just how it is.

That's what a centralized digital currency is all bout.....And the pure despotism of that only begins there.
I think that only covers a part of what the government seeks the power to accomplish via a centralized digital currency. And it is a good reason to deny them such power.

I think that only covers a part of what the government seeks the power to accomplish via a centralized digital currency. And it is a good reason to deny them such power.
That's pretty much the same thing Oddball said and I agree with both of you guys.

Actually I'm satisfied. :D Thank you.

That was the right answer, some people lie, and you're new.

I'm not much on pistols myself..it's just how it is.
no problem. That "other" shoots 7.62x39 I forgive you
but to be honest I was mad at you and signed a box just for you. Sorry. :abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
no problem. That "other" shoots 7.62x39 I forgive you
but to be honest I was mad at you and signed a box just for you. Sorry. :abgg2q.jpg:
Be aight. :D

Ugh! Lemme guess, that 7.62 X 39 has steel cases.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back