Could Trump "pardon" himself ???

DFXTd3iXkAEuOZb.jpg
The left does not CARE about all the illegal shit they did and do they just want trump removed by any means at all including illegal means.

Not so much as that but more like just refusing to leave Mar-a-lago one day and tweeting his resignation with little warning or explanation.

That would really cause a problem, because the law requires his resignation go to the secretary of state.

3 U.S. Code § 20 - Resignation or refusal of office

3 U.S. Code § 20 - Resignation or refusal of office

The only evidence of a refusal to accept, or of a resignation of the office of President or Vice President, shall be an instrument in writing, declaring the same, and subscribed by the person refusing to accept or resigning, as the case may be, and delivered into the office of the Secretary of State.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 644, 62 Stat. 678.)
Of course it would be a problem but it is how he seems to do things. He seems to delight in creating constitutional crises out of thin air.

Its actually an interesting question, isn't it?

Like it or not, the WshPost IS reporting that Trump has asked his lawyers to delve a bit more regarding what pardoning powers his office has....

Of course, if this is true, one could conclude that Trump is hunkering down into a virtual bunker mentality and we can kiss goodbye to anything that he promised to get elected.

But, we know that a president CAN pardon others, but can he or she ever pardon himself?

The Constitution is silent on this and, I will readily admit, Trump (if nothing else) is having us re-review that document and other laws on emolument clauses, conflicts of interests, etc.

The best analogy that one can make is to ask the question: "Can a judge find HIMSELF or HERSELF NOT guilty of some criminal or civil infraction? Or, is the "pardoning" action strictly one that someone bestows on another rather than oneself?

Paraphrasing the Chinese proverb, "may we all live in interesting times."....and WE ARE.

I can think of a lot of things trump should do to himself.

can he pardon himself? even kings who have been put to death did not use their pardon powers for themselves. but Donald is pretty low-life, so who knows. he could try. and it's not like the office or the constitution matter to him.

it would almost be fun watching the orange sociopath have to admit he's a criminal.

Last edited:
Brings me to tears knowing Trump is fighting for American families while exposing his family to the onslaught of EVIL

Of course it would be a problem but it is how he seems to do things. He seems to delight in creating constitutional crises out of thin air.

If Trump tweets his regisnation, it would no be official, hence he would remain president. At that point, Pence, and the cabinet would exercise the 25th amendment, saying Trump was unable to discharge the duties of the office and Pence would become acting president. Then they could take their time cleaning up the paperwork.

The left does not CARE about all the illegal shit they did and do they just want trump removed by any means at all including illegal means.

youre bitching about everyone being guilty but Trump, then refuse to accept the investigation and the possibility he could be guilty ... your partiasn bullshit doesnt fly an inch with Mueller.

just Trumpdrones buy Trrumps bullshit.

There's no way people would let that shit ride even if it was possible.
actually, one of Nixon's biographers wrote that Nixon contemplated "pardoning" himself......But, wisely,he thought that he could not live down the shame of that action and opted to resign instead, living that task to Ford (which made Ford's chances to be elected nearly nil.).

I kind of hope he tries just so I can witness the chaos that ensues.

Nixon said pardoning himself was too dishonorable and wouldn't use the pardon power for his own men. Gerald ford used it for nixon.

why do trump loons want chaos? that's what I find so interesting. it's like the more disgusting he is, the happier they are.

Brings me to tears knowing Trump is fighting for American families while exposing his family to the onslaught of EVIL

Trump is spending most of his time, figuring out ways to save his own ass, and those of his family and friends.

He hasn't spent a minute writing healthcare legislation.

If Trump tweets his regisnation, it would no be official, hence he would remain president. At that point, Pence, and the cabinet would exercise the 25th amendment, saying Trump was unable to discharge the duties of the office and Pence would become acting president. Then they could take their time cleaning up the paperwork.
Yes, I see this as the most likely scenario for the end of the Trump administration. At the point where he is not getting any more adulation and ass-kissing he will walk. He did not spend all that money to be president just to be treated like this.

Trump is spending most of his time, figuring out ways to save his own ass, and those of his family and friends.

or working with our military in any capacity ... he just turned the military over to the generals

or working with our military in any capacity ... he just turned the military over to the generals

But, but, but......Trump's golf game HAS improved in the last 6 months........so, his tenure so far was not all wasted..

thanks to Defense Secretary General James Mad Dog Mattis, America is back on the attack, ISIS is on the run, and the world knows it.

But Trump said he was smarter than the generals. And that he had a plan to defeat ISIS. So much for that claim. And the sad part, is none of Trumps supporters care.

giving himself a pardon wont stop impeachment proceedings if they should ever start.

but the question alone is proof the sorry fucker is guilty and he knows it.

[Ironically just the opposite.] strike that out

The presidents power to grant pardons is excepted by cases of impeachment. So whether Trump pardons and is then impeached, or is impeached and then grants himself a pardon, the pardon is voided by the constitution.
Wrong if he pardons himself and then is impeached the Pardon was BEFORE the impeachment and does not effect it, but thanks for playing dumb ass.

An innocent person does not ask if he can pardon himself.

Hey RETARD? Presidents don't write legislation.

Forum List

Back