CDZ Could a concealed carry gun owner have saved lives on the Max Train knife attack?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The Yankee Marshal gives commentary on gun issues and since he lives in the state where the two men were stabbed to death...he points out that had someone on the train been allowed to carry a gun......those lives might have been saved....

What-ifs are fun!

Someone firing off rounds in a crowded train...what could go wrong?

Possibly yes to the OP.

Who has some good studies on ccw's who have saved the day or gotten shot themselves, like they did at NO and Miami?

What-ifs are fun!

Someone firing off rounds in a crowded train...what could go wrong?

Shout "DUCK", and then point it right at his face and you probably won't have to shoot. Guns trump knives.
People get all, "Don't shoot man, I didn't mean nuthin." when there is a gun to their head.
That's a good "what-if".
Thank you.

what if someone shoots the ccw. He will walk if he does.

Last edited:
Possibly yes to the OP.

Who has some good studies on ccw's who have saved the day or gotten shot themselves, like they did at NO and Miami?

Look who's back. How did the Lobotomy go?

-Geaux
So do you have any links to such studies as I requested, geaux?

Meh....

For your reading enjoyment

Here’s the story.

According to a report from KTAR News, the trooper was investigating an early morning rollover accident when someone shot him in the shoulder. The attacker then jumped on the trooper and began ruthlessly beating him.

An armed citizen was passing by with his family when he noticed the attack underway. Stopping his car, he ran toward the scene and asked the officer if he needed assistance. The officer answered, “Yes.”

NRA-ILA | Despite The Lies, Armed Citizens Save Lives

Possibly yes to the OP.

-Geaux

Meh....

Here’s the story.

According to a report from KTAR News, the trooper was investigating an early morning rollover accident when someone shot him in the shoulder. The attacker then jumped on the trooper and began ruthlessly beating him.

An armed citizen was passing by with his family when he noticed the attack underway. Stopping his car, he ran toward the scene and asked the officer if he needed assistance. The officer answered, “Yes.”

That's one example. How many studies do you have?

Possibly yes to the OP.

-Geaux

Meh....

Here’s the story.

Studies conducted by whom? There are many, many documented examples of an armed citizen saving his/her life or coming to the aid of another citizen in distress

-Geaux

Possibly yes to the OP.

-Geaux

Meh....

Here’s the story.

Studies conducted by whom? There are many, many documented examples of an armed citizen saving his/her life or coming to the aid of another citizen in distress-Geaux
So you don't have any. I will do some research and share it with you.

-Geaux

Meh....

Here’s the story.

Studies conducted by whom? There are many, many documented examples of an armed citizen saving his/her life or coming to the aid of another citizen in distress-Geaux
So you don't have any. I will do some research and share it with you.

I'm sure I know where you are headed. But please... carry on....

-Geaux

There are no studies of CCW users, numbers of incidents, outcomes, including ccw injuries.

There are no studies of CCW users, numbers of incidents, outcomes, including ccw injuries.

The NRA has a monthly tabulation of reported CCW holders or home owners with firearms, saving lives. Here are some recent ones

I can speak from first hand experience that I feel safer when carrying. At least I have a fighting chance.

When seconds count, the police are minutes away

-Geaux
===

OH | CLEVELAND.COM

WEDNESDAY, MAY 31, 2017

Ohio City gas station employee shoots at smash-and-grab suspects
A 23-year-old employee of an Ohio City gas station fired several gunshots at two smash-and-grab suspects and thwarted ...

TX | ABC 13

WEDNESDAY, MAY 31, 2017

Bizarre chain of events led to robbery suspect's death
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, a robbery suspect was shot and killed outside a home in ...

CA | ABC 7

WEDNESDAY, MAY 31, 2017

Off-duty officer fires at suspect in Glassell Park shooting
Police are searching for a suspect after they say one person was shot in the leg in Glassell ...

NC | WFMY NEWS

WEDNESDAY, MAY 31, 2017

Man Shot At Armed Suspect Who Tried to Rob Him at Car Wash
A man fired a gun at a suspect who pulled a semi-automatic weapon on him and demanded money ...

GA | THE TELEGRAPH

FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2017

Robber steals Macon man’s wallet, then drops it when victim opens fire
A Macon man whose wallet was stolen in a robbery over the weekend got his wallet back minutes ...

IN | US NEWS

FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2017

Homeowner Shot Burglar During Break-In
Police say an Evansville homeowner fatally shot a man who was trying to break into his house. Evansville ...

PA | PHILLY.COM

THURSDAY, MAY 25, 2017

Homeowner shoots intruder in Kensington
A Kensington homeowner shot a 47-year-old man who was breaking into his residence Tuesday afternoon, police said. Just ...

OH | WCPO

THURSDAY, MAY 25, 2017

Bank robber, customer shot at each other inside Key Bank branch
A bank customer and robber fired at each other Monday inside a Key Bank on Springdale Road, according ...

GA | WTOC

THURSDAY, MAY 25, 2017

Man suspected of armed robbery at Dollar General shot during home invasion
A home invasion suspect who was also suspected of robbing a Dollar General was killed by a homeowner. ...

LA | ARK LATEX

WEDNESDAY, MAY 24, 2017

Shooting at Shreveport apartment complex
Police are investigating an early morning shooting that injured a man at an apartment complex in Shreveport.. The ...

NRA-ILA | Armed Citizen®

I am ccw.

And no one here does anyone a favor by even slightly implying ccw is the answer to these problems.

geaux, I agree with you. The shooting at the cc, where the guy in the classroom had everybody hunker down, telling them the shooter had to go through him first. Yes, I agree with you.

Forum List

Back