CDZ Always been on the fence about abortion. Did grotesque actions of Planned Parenthood impact you?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I'm a Christian who has evolved as a person of Faith over time. I have always been pro-choice, but over time I have come to really question when such a decision is acceptable. For instance, at what point in the pregnancy is a child not a child yet, etc.

Some of the grotesque profiting from these abortions by Planned Parenthood has certainly impacted my opinion and had an influence. Just the inhumanity and devaluing of life, or what would have been life has had an affect on me and my opinion. I still remain on the fence and the circumstances, but, I am certainly more against abortion at least in theory than I had been before I learned of PP.

So, have any of you changed, altered, or reinforced your opinion based on Planned Parenthood's actions and/or "leaks" as presented in the media?

I noticed you mentioned grotesque profiting from these abortions by Planned Parenthood. I assume you are referring to that Okeefe video. You are aware that a congressional investigation, and several smaller state investigations into the horrific claims of that video found that Okeefe's creative editing presented a false narrative of what REALLY happened, and completely exonerated PP of any wrong doing, don't you? At least two people who helped in the fraudulent scam by Okeefe and his organization have gone to jail for their part in it. Abortion is a hard subject and reasonable people can disagree, but they should do it on the basis of facts, and not some scam video that has been proven to be a fraud.

My views fall into 4 separate buckets.

The first bucket is legal. Roe V. Wade is clearly bad law passed by an activist court and therefore the issue belongs at the individual state level not Federal.

The second bucket is ethical. Nobody should tell anybody else what to do. So if a female wants to abort her pregnancy condition, she ought to be allowed to. After 7 months when the fetus is viable outside the womb, the female ought to be able to give up the fetus and let the hospital incubate it to full gestation.

The third bucket is religious. It seems wrong according to the Pope and the various Protestant organizations to abort. Their members ought to make provisions for adoption within their ranks of unwanted full term births. That should be easy since there are many childless couples who want children.

The fourth bucket is individual rights. No female should be forced to go to full term with a pregnancy that was forced upon her, such as rape or incest. All the states should respect the right of that female to have the growth within her aborted since she did not ask for it.

No one answer is a good reply to all 4 of these categories.

So the problem is a complex one.

A good solution involves all of them.

I don't have an answer for deformed feti (plural of fetus). In that case I would lean towards aborting at any level even beyond 7 months.

I'm a Christian who has evolved as a person of Faith over time. I have always been pro-choice, but over time I have come to really question when such a decision is acceptable. For instance, at what point in the pregnancy is a child not a child yet, etc.

Some of the grotesque profiting from these abortions by Planned Parenthood has certainly impacted my opinion and had an influence. Just the inhumanity and devaluing of life, or what would have been life has had an affect on me and my opinion. I still remain on the fence and the circumstances, but, I am certainly more against abortion at least in theory than I had been before I learned of PP.

So, have any of you changed, altered, or reinforced your opinion based on Planned Parenthood's actions and/or "leaks" as presented in the media?

Why do you think religion has to have anything to do with it?

I don't.

In fact, I think bringing religion into it muddies the waters and delays any resolutions. . . allowing even more children to be killed by abortions. . . . while idiots argue about "religious" aspects that don't have a fucking thing to do with it.

No PP has nothing to do with me being pro-life. I am against abortion except in those cases of profound genetic problems or rape. I also believe PP should be renamed since 75% of those receiving services from "Planned" Parenthood choose to terminate "Unplanned" pregnancies. This except is from a PP information site:

Percentage of Planned Parenthood health care patients

age 20 and older:

with incomes at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty level:

who receive services to prevent unintended pregnancy:

I am not a Christian nor do I follow any religion and would never use abortion services.

No PP has nothing to do with me being pro-life. I am against abortion except in those cases of profound genetic problems or rape. I also believe PP should be renamed since 75% of those receiving services from "Planned" Parenthood choose to terminate "Unplanned" pregnancies. This except is from a PP information site:

age 20 and older:

Got a link to that "75% choose to terminate unplanned pregnancy" claim?Receiving services to prevent pregnancy and choosing to terminate pregnancy are two vastly different things.

How do you feel about contraceptives and age appropriate sex ed in the public schools as part of a comprehensive curriculum on health? How about pregnancy created by rape or incest? What if the pregnant women's life is in danger? Would you approve of abortion if the amniocenteses discovered catastrophic defects?

Why do you believe the media stories you note are true and not calumny? Have you done an investigation on what PP does and who and what are its benefits?

What motivated you to post this thread?

age 20 and older:

I suggest you read what you wrote, and compare it to the stats you then posted.

"I also believe PP should be renamed since 75% of those receiving services from "Planned" Parenthood choose to terminate "Unplanned" pregnancies vis a vis, those who receive services to PREVENT unintended peganancy (i.e. for contraceptive advice or commodities).

Abortion should be a State issue, but seven members of Scotus decided to impose their personal views on the entire country. As such, the only logical outcome is to declare the unborn to be "persons" at conception. You reap what you sow.

Abortion should be a State issue, but seven members of Scotus decided to impose their personal views on the entire country. As such, the only logical outcome is to declare the unborn to be "persons" at conception. You reap what you sow.

Let me get this right. . .

You think that a human being's personhood and the onset of a PERSON'S Constitutional rights is something that should be decided State by State?

Where do State governments get the power, right and authority to decide which human beings are PERSONS and which ones are not persons, from?

If you're going to be forced to have the baby = the government better be able to give that person food stamps, welfare and extra help.

Period

And if the Government provided everything you think they should for that woman and her new baby.... you would then support a ban on abortions.

Right?

No?

I knew you wouldn't.

Red Herring confirmed.

No. I believe that the only abortion that is moral is the one that if not done, will cost the woman her life or her life and the babies life. Then the abortion is an act of Triage, and not murder....you are trying to save life rather than committing murder.

If you're going to be forced to have the baby = the government better be able to give that person food stamps, welfare and extra help.

Period

Yep........and they can give up the baby as soon as the baby is born.....where the new human will have a chance at life....

I noticed you mentioned grotesque profiting from these abortions by Planned Parenthood. I assume you are referring to that Okeefe video. You are aware that a congressional investigation, and several smaller state investigations into the horrific claims of that video found that Okeefe's creative editing presented a false narrative of what REALLY happened, and completely exonerated PP of any wrong doing, don't you? At least two people who helped in the fraudulent scam by Okeefe and his organization have gone to jail for their part in it. Abortion is a hard subject and reasonable people can disagree, but they should do it on the basis of facts, and not some scam video that has been proven to be a fraud.

And that is not true....the investigators were all democrat attorney generals who support planned parenthood...please be accurate....you can watch the entire videos and decide for yourself....the lie that o'keefe doctored the videos is an attempt to hide the murder committed by the planned parenthood staff...

They did not go to jail for their video on planned parenthood.....lying again....

My views fall into 4 separate buckets.

The first bucket is legal. Roe V. Wade is clearly bad law passed by an activist court and therefore the issue belongs at the individual state level not Federal.

The second bucket is ethical. Nobody should tell anybody else what to do. So if a female wants to abort her pregnancy condition, she ought to be allowed to. After 7 months when the fetus is viable outside the womb, the female ought to be able to give up the fetus and let the hospital incubate it to full gestation.

The third bucket is religious. It seems wrong according to the Pope and the various Protestant organizations to abort. Their members ought to make provisions for adoption within their ranks of unwanted full term births. That should be easy since there are many childless couples who want children.

The fourth bucket is individual rights. No female should be forced to go to full term with a pregnancy that was forced upon her, such as rape or incest. All the states should respect the right of that female to have the growth within her aborted since she did not ask for it.

No one answer is a good reply to all 4 of these categories.

So the problem is a complex one.

A good solution involves all of them.

I don't have an answer for deformed feti (plural of fetus). In that case I would lean towards aborting at any level even beyond 7 months.

Where does the baby fall in bucket 2...since I think if you asked the baby they would like you to leave them alone too.....you know, not kill them.....

The Fourth bucket...the baby has individual rights too......

Forum List

Back