Cost of 13 years of war: $1.6 trillion

The cost of obama's green energy policy: $1.2 trillion annually.
Link it. You guys can never do the math.
$8,000 annually against every household as a result of the increase in consumers goods costs because of increased energy costs. 150 million households in the US.
8000 X 150,000,000 = 1.2 trillion.
Link it asshole. As I said, you guys can never do the fucking math.
I just drew it up for you. The $8k was based on my average household's budget. Do your own budget and see for yourself.
Links or piss off, as you have nothing so far.
Here's a link for your hard-headed dishonesty. This one puts the increase overall at about 40% with most of that coinciding with obama energy policy gas prices and occurring over the first couple of years. The mean would bring it to about a 20% overall increase in consumer goods costs and that is significantly higher than the 10-15% I factored into my budget. Combine those cost increases with an average loss of $3400 in gas overcharges and the $8,000 annual estimate becomes a conservative estimate. Therefore, obama energy policy has cost our economy significantly more than $1.2 trillion annually.

Our Current Price Basket of Goods Services and Cost Of Living

Link it. You guys can never do the math.
$8,000 annually against every household as a result of the increase in consumers goods costs because of increased energy costs. 150 million households in the US.
I just drew it up for you. The $8k was based on my average household's budget. Do your own budget and see for yourself.
Here's a link for your hard-headed dishonesty. This one puts the increase overall at about 40% with most of that coinciding with obama energy policy gas prices and occurring over the first couple of years. The mean would bring it to about a 20% overall increase in consumer goods costs and that is significantly higher than the 10-15% I factored into my budget. Combine those cost increases with an average loss of $3400 in gas overcharges and the $8,000 annual estimate becomes a conservative estimate. Therefore, obama energy policy has cost our economy significantly more than $1.2 trillion annually.

Link your energy figure dumbass, or admit you lied.

What are you talking about? The cost of gasoline before obama was $1.35/gallon. It immediately rose upon his reinstating of extraction restrictions. Those increased energy costs rippled through all consumer goods costs and I gave you a link demonstrating in numbers those cost increases. You're doing the Black Knight thing.

What are you talking about? The cost of gasoline before obama was $1.35/gallon. It immediately rose upon his reinstating of extraction restrictions. Those increased energy costs rippled through all consumer goods costs and I gave you a link demonstrating in numbers those cost increases. You're doing the Black Knight thing.
So your 1.2 T figure is completely made up, and therefore a lie. No problem, as expected.

So your 1.2 T figure is completely made up, and therefore a lie. No problem, as expected.
I gave you the numbers. If my average household is out $8,000 annually (and that is a conservative estimate based on the chart I provided) and there are 150 million households in the US then the overall number is $1.2 trillion. A conservative estimate.

I gave you the numbers. If my average household is out $8,000 annually (and that is a conservative estimate based on the chart I provided) and there are 150 million households in the US then the overall number is $1.2 trillion. A conservative estimate.
Your numbers are worthless, utterly. Either do the math correctly or don't bother, not to mention the fact that Obama doesn't control energy prices.

Your numbers are worthless, utterly. Either do the math correctly or don't bother, not to mention the fact that Obama doesn't control energy prices.
Unless they go down then he gets credit right?

The math is very clear. If you insist on trying to refute it, go ahead. So far you haven't because you can't.

I should probably point out that spending is appropriated by Congress--and it has not been in Democratic control. Not that I'm on board with Democrats, but Republicans are fuckin' idiots when it comes to fiscal responsibility. Hell, don't take my word for it--look at history from Reagan forward. Professional politicians know they can successfully wage campaigns based upon tax cuts, fear, and hatred.

We had budget surplusses until Bush came around and cut taxes for rich people. What did that bring? Massive deficits again and a sagging economy.

But keep voting, people, based upon guns, illegal immigrants, and abortion . . . none of which Republican politicians have any intention of addressing. It's all salesmanship.

No government has a right to a budget surplus.

:lol:

Think about what you are saying here. Cripes you have to be a fucking canuck. from Ontario or Quebec.

Love the transfers do you?

"Thirteen years of war have cost the United States roughly $1.6 trillion.

Since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in 2001, the government has spent the money on military operations, base support, weapons maintenance, training of Afghan and Iraq security forces, reconstruction, foreign aid, embassy costs and veterans’ healthcare, according to a recently released report by the Congressional Research Service tracking expenses through September.

The money was distributed to Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn, Operation Enduring Freedom for Afghanistan, Operation Noble Eagle and other war-designated funding not directly died to the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, according to the report.

Nearly half of the money spent, $815 billion, went toward the Iraq War, the report said.

About 92 percent of the expenses over the past 13 years came from the Department of Defense.Though U.S. troop levels in the Middle East, especially in Afghanistan, have been on a steady decline, the war funds request for fiscal 2015 remains at $73.5 billion, including $58.1 billion for Afghanistan.

Notably missing from the totals is the request to cover expenses for Operation Inherent Resolve, the airstrikes that began in late August against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

“There are some indications that the [Defense Department's fiscal 2015] war funding request may be more than is needed in light of [2014's] experience when expenses for returning troops and equipment have proven to be lower and the pace faster than anticipated,” the report said, referring to the cost of the airstrikes against the Islamic State and the recent announcement by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel that roughly 1,000 groups may remain in Afghanistan until spring 2015."

Cost of 13 years of war 1.6 trillion WashingtonExaminer.com

SO... One obama/Democrat Annual Deficit?

Wow... who would have bet (besides me...) that executing a world war for nearly 15 years would cost a FRACTION (~ 1/6th) of what it costs to simply allow the Left to Control the US Government for say... 6 years?

Huh.

Actually, Obama never had a $1.6 trillion deficit. There has never been a deficit that large.

The largest deficit - in fiscal year 2009, which began in October 2008 - was passed under the Bush administration, at $1.4 trillion. During fiscal year 2009, the stimulus added $100 billion, so that's on Obama. But given that half of the fiscal year passed before Obama signed a spending bill, it's intellectually dishonest to blame Obama for that. Obama's largest deficit was $1.3 trillion.

US Federal Deficit Definition - plus charts and analysis

Deaths during War under Bush's command, insignificant, one of the greatest Military Victories in the history of War
You're kidding, right?
"The Iraq Body Count project (IBC project), incorporating subsequent reports, has reported that by the end of the major combat phase up to April 30, 2003, 7,419 civilians had been killed, primarily by U.S. air-and-ground forces."
Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Every person killed is a tragedy for that person and their family. Having said that, insignificant is a matter of perspective. By comparison, deaths in the Iraq war was insignificant by comparison with these three wars.

World War II was the deadliest military conflict in history. Over 60 million people were killed, which was over 3% of the 1939 world population (est. 2 billion). The tables below give a detailed country-by-country count of human losses.

Vietnam War
Based on several studies of casualties, deaths in the Vietnam War for the years 1955 to 1975 may have exceeded 2 million persons in the countries of Vietnam (both North and South), Cambodia, and Laos.

Korean War
According to the data from the U.S. Department of Defense, the United States suffered 33,686 battle deaths, along with 2,830 non-battle deaths, during the Korean War.U.S. battle deaths were 8,516 up to their first engagement with the Chinese on 1 November 1950. South Korea reported some 373,599 civilian and 137,899 military deaths.Western sources estimate the PVA suffered about 400,000 killed and 486,000 wounded, while the KPA suffered 215,000 killed and 303,000 wounded.

Recent scholarship has put the full battle death toll on all sides at just over 1.2 million.

Since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in 2001, the government has spent the money on military operations, base support, weapons maintenance, training of Afghan and Iraq security forces, reconstruction, foreign aid, embassy costs and veterans’ healthcare, according to a recently released report by the Congressional Research Service tracking expenses through September.

The money was distributed to Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn, Operation Enduring Freedom for Afghanistan, Operation Noble Eagle and other war-designated funding not directly died to the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, according to the report.

Nearly half of the money spent, $815 billion, went toward the Iraq War, the report said.

About 92 percent of the expenses over the past 13 years came from the Department of Defense.Though U.S. troop levels in the Middle East, especially in Afghanistan, have been on a steady decline, the war funds request for fiscal 2015 remains at $73.5 billion, including $58.1 billion for Afghanistan.

Notably missing from the totals is the request to cover expenses for Operation Inherent Resolve, the airstrikes that began in late August against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

“There are some indications that the [Defense Department's fiscal 2015] war funding request may be more than is needed in light of [2014's] experience when expenses for returning troops and equipment have proven to be lower and the pace faster than anticipated,” the report said, referring to the cost of the airstrikes against the Islamic State and the recent announcement by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel that roughly 1,000 groups may remain in Afghanistan until spring 2015."

Wow... who would have bet (besides me...) that executing a world war for nearly 15 years would cost a FRACTION (~ 1/6th) of what it costs to simply allow the Left to Control the US Government for say... 6 years?

Huh.

Actually, Obama never had a $1.6 trillion deficit. There has never been a deficit that large.

The largest deficit - in fiscal year 2009, which began in October 2008 - was passed under the Bush administration, at $1.4 trillion. During fiscal year 2009, the stimulus added $100 billion, so that's on Obama. But given that half of the fiscal year passed before Obama signed a spending bill, it's intellectually dishonest to blame Obama for that. Obama's largest deficit was $1.3 trillion.

Disagree.

"Decreased tax revenue and high spending resulted in an unusually large budget deficit of about $1.4 trillion, well above the $407 billion projected in the FY 2009 budget.A 2009 CBO report indicated that $245 billion, about half of the excess spending, was a result of the 2008 TARP bailouts. Spending increases and tax credits resulting from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 accounted for another 200 billion of the budget deficit."

Obama was in favor of TARP and spent another $200 billion on his stimulus program in FY 2009.

Obama did have a $1.3 billion deficit in FY 2010, even though his budget was not passed by a Democrat controlled Congress.

Last edited:

Huh.

Disagree.

"Decreased tax revenue and high spending resulted in an unusually large budget deficit of about $1.4 trillion, well above the $407 billion projected in the FY 2009 budget.A 2009 CBO report indicated that $245 billion, about half of the excess spending, was a result of the 2008 TARP bailouts. Spending increases and tax credits resulting from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 accounted for another 200 billion of the budget deficit."

Obama was in favor of TARP and spent another $200 billion on his stimulus program in FY 2009.

Obama did have a $1.3 billion deficit in FY 2010, even though his budget was not passed by a Democrat controlled Congress.

I stand corrected. $200 billion is on Obama for that year.

TARP is on Bush. That was drafted by Henry Paulson and passed before the election. Had McCain won, it still would have been part of the budget.

Huh.

Disagree.

I stand corrected. $200 billion is on Obama for that year.

TARP is on Bush. That was drafted by Henry Paulson and passed before the election. Had McCain won, it still would have been part of the budget.

"Before inauguration. Senator Obama voted for the budgets he would later blame on Bush, and for the TARP bailout. After just two months of TARP, the Bush administration said it was done -- crisis averted. In fact, President Bush was done after using about $270 billion of the $350 B that was authorized by Congress. But as a courtesy to the incoming president, Bush would request the second $350B from Congress if President-Elect Obama asked for it.

President-Elect Obama asked for it, and he got it."

Every person killed is a tragedy for that person and their family. Having said that, insignificant is a matter of perspective. By comparison, deaths in the Iraq war was insignificant by comparison with these three wars
By the same logic, if you murder ten innocent people and I murder one, my crime counts as insignificant? War in general, and wars of aggression in particular, are the problem, and its significance doesn't depend on the number of innocent victims.

Deaths during War under Bush's command, insignificant, one of the greatest Military Victories in the history of War
You're kidding, right?
"The Iraq Body Count project (IBC project), incorporating subsequent reports, has reported that by the end of the major combat phase up to April 30, 2003, 7,419 civilians had been killed, primarily by U.S. air-and-ground forces."
Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
You realize that when making a tally of war, you do NOT count the civilian population into the factor of winning the battle. ONLY the enemy troops vs you troops.

Our (USA) losses were the least in armed conflict and it STILL is one of the greatest Military Victories in history.

When considering a response to someone, it it helpful to identify the pertinent details of the statement. I have highlighted just one of them.

Why you would make the statement you did with regard to the person you were allegedly responding to is beyond Me.

Unless of course, you have an agenda to pursue.

Forum List

Back