corruption in sports

Yeah... there is nothing corrupt about churches!

One ref? Yeah... let me know the next time a ref working the Pittsbugh/Miami match up throws a flag for roughing Tom Brady.

EDIT: Of course the refereeing is so bad in the NFL...this might actually happen if he hears someone breathed on Tom.
The point isn’t the particular religion or if it is corrupt or not.

Most if not all true religions favor basic rules that makes a society work. Do not murder, steal, rape, cheat etc. etc. If you do a God or Gods will witness your actions and punish you. You might avoid the cops but you will not avoid the wrath of the Gods or God.

That works when the majority of the people believe in that religion And that God or Gods.

I love watching football but it is hard for me to believe that all referees are totally honest and can not be bought by the mob. It only takes a couple for the mob to make make a big profit on a couple of games every week. How many times have I seen the favored team lose a game because a touchdown was called back due to a holding penalty?

The point isn’t the particular religion or if it is corrupt or not.

Most if not all true religions favor basic rules that makes a society work. Do not murder, steal, rape, cheat etc. etc. If you do a God or Gods will witness your actions and punish you. You might avoid the cops but you will not avoid the wrath of the Gods or God.

That works when the majority of the people believe in that religion And that God or Gods.
Religion has nothing to do with the sports in a society being corrupt or not.
I love watching football but it is hard for me to believe that all referees are totally honest and can not be bought by the mob. It only takes a couple for the mob to make make a big profit on a couple of games every week.
It would be much easier to buy a player; more dependable too. You pretty much know if the player is going to play or not.
How many times have I seen the favored team lose a game because a touchdown was called back due to a holding penalty?
How many times have you seen it not happen?

Probably roughly the same.

The Raiders got hosed on a clear pass interference on Sunday. The FC Washington safety had a firm hold of the receiver's jersey. Calls get missed.

Religion has nothing to do with the sports in a society being corrupt or not.

It would be much easier to buy a player; more dependable too. You pretty much know if the player is going to play or not.

How many times have you seen it not happen?

Probably roughly the same.

The Raiders got hosed on a clear pass interference on Sunday. The FC Washington safety had a firm hold of the receiver's jersey. Calls get missed.
You would have to buy a number of players on different teams and one player dropping a pass might not make the difference in a game. One referee can influence a number of games with many teams and a holding call on a touchdown can cause the loss of a game.

I will agree that in a society as corrupt as ours religion is not playing as much of an important role as it once did.

On several games this weekend I heard the announcers question holding calls and the hired ex-referee agree with them. That does not mean that I beleive those games were rigged but the possibility exists that they might have been.

I hope if there are bought referees it never comes to light. I enjoy watching football more than any other sport.

You would have to buy a number of players on different teams and one player dropping a pass might not make the difference in a game. One referee can influence a number of games with many teams and a holding call on a touchdown can cause the loss of a game.

I will agree that in a society as corrupt as ours religion is not playing as much of an important role as it once did.

On several games this weekend I heard the announcers question holding calls and the hired ex-referee agree with them. That does not mean that I beleive those games were rigged but the possibility exists that they might have been.

I hope if there are bought referees it never comes to light. I enjoy watching football more than any other sport.

If you bought the long snapper, you could influence a lot of games at critical times.

One thing your argument does have going for you is that unlike players, teams can't fire refs. The long snapper who puts the ball over the punter's head or muffs one to the holder on a place kick doesn't keep his job much longer.

Bad calls have happened since the beginning of refereeing. As the players have gotten bigger, stronger, faster...the referees have gotten older, softer and slower.

Any one who bets anymore isnt very intelligent. They are laughing all the way to the bank. Detroit Lions couldnt beat the NY JETs if they tried.. Minnesota beat #1 green bay--yet Detroit beat Minnesota= pure corruption.
Favors are being bought in the college players for favors later in pro sports--There is 0 doubt. This whole world has become corrupt to the core. Supporting corruption is supporting satan.
Figures that a thread like this with pesky facts that the coward mods would move this to the conspiracy section,the nfl especially is as corrupt as our government is,I have not watched a Super Bowl sense the game where Pete carrol,threw the game to the cheatriots which was like 8; years ago,incredible after that game,people STILL cannot see how corrupt the nfl is,great thread kjw47 :thup:

Figures that a thread like this with pesky facts that the coward mods would move this to the conspiracy section,the nfl especially is as corrupt as our government is,I have not watched a Super Bowl sense the game where Pete carrol,threw the game to the cheatriots which was like 8; years ago,incredible after that game,people STILL cannot see how corrupt the nfl is,great thread kjw47 :thup:

All sports have been, either corrupted by illegal drugs, foreign substances or being bought off. Every week in the NFL the bettors were screwed.

Forum List

Back