CORRECTION:John Gibson Did Not Compare Eric Holder To Monkey With Bright Blue Scrotum

The offensive video clip was doctored so that the viewer heard Gibson using the words "bright blue scrotum" in reference to Attorney General Eric Holder, rather than to a defining characteristic of a monkey on the loose in Seattle.

The video circulated rapidly on blogs and news Web sites Thursday and was not corrected for hours.

NBC didn't correct it for hours... :cuckoo:

More here

...where Huffington Post picked it up and presented as authentic.

how was WBAL suppose to know it? YOUR stretching this quite a bit, don't ya think? NICE touch using NBC instead of WBAL....sweet! :eusa_whistle:

John Sanders, the technology reporter for WBAL-TV, admitted in a Breitbart.tv report that he was the person responsible for the clip. The station confirmed Sanders' actions on Tuesday and, in a statement, referred to him as a "former" employee.

"WBAL-TV management has learned that a former WBAL-TV employee posted a video regarding Fox News' John Gibson and Attorney General Eric Holder on his personal YouTube page without the prior knowledge or consent of anyone at WBAL-TV or Hearst-Argyle Television," the station said in its statement.

"This video was not approved by, used, or sanctioned in any way by WBAL-TV or Hearst-Argyle Television and we do not condone such behavior."

how was WBAL suppose to know it? YOUR stretching this quite a bit, don't ya think? NICE touch using NBC instead of WBAL....sweet! :eusa_whistle:

John Sanders, the technology reporter for WBAL-TV, admitted in a Breitbart.tv report that he was the person responsible for the clip. The station confirmed Sanders' actions on Tuesday and, in a statement, referred to him as a "former" employee.

"WBAL-TV management has learned that a former WBAL-TV employee posted a video regarding Fox News' John Gibson and Attorney General Eric Holder on his personal YouTube page without the prior knowledge or consent of anyone at WBAL-TV or Hearst-Argyle Television," the station said in its statement.

"This video was not approved by, used, or sanctioned in any way by WBAL-TV or Hearst-Argyle Television and we do not condone such behavior."
come on care, that was a CYA job so they don't get sued
:rolleyes:
or at least HOPING they don't

I'm not stretching anything. I'm just posting what others reported. You may not know this, but hours in the news business is like an eternity. NBC should have taken a more active role in this, or did they allow it to happen? We will never know.

(Care, sometimes I get the feeling that you are an apologist for the more liberal members of society. True or false?)

NBC didn't correct it for hours... :cuckoo:

More here

I'm not stretching anything. I'm just posting what others reported. You may not know this, but hours in the news business is like an eternity. NBC should have taken a more active role in this, or did they allow it to happen? We will never know.

(Care, sometimes I get the feeling that you are an apologist for the more liberal members of society. True or false?)

I blame the kid, who did it. This is the conservative view.....putting blame and ownership, where ownership belongs....

you all Republicans just lost your conservativeness, along the way of partisanship....

you OBVIOUSLY did not read the links....he posted it on his PERSONAL you tube account,

HOW IN THE WORLD WOULD WBAL even know this happened xsisted?

It appears to me that it is YOU that is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill with using NBC....vs wbal and it is YOU that has some rightwing agenda....spreading a lie, saying that nbc was aware of this for hours?

Not one, article stated such soooooo, YOU TELL ME, what am i suppose to think about what you are mouthing off?

Am I suppose to agree with something that is CLEARLY NOT THE TRUTH?

I think not....i don't play those games xsisted.

If NBC OR WBAL knew something about it then i would be fine in nailing them.

Isn't THAT how it SHOULD be instead of passing or making up gossip and rumors and lies?

you know better... :doubt:

Care

I blame the kid, who did it. This is the conservative view.....putting blame and ownership, where ownership belongs....

you all Republicans just lost your conservativeness, along the way of partisanship....

you OBVIOUSLY did not read the links....he posted it on his PERSONAL you tube account,

HOW IN THE WORLD WOULD WBAL even know this happened xsisted?

It appears to me that it is YOU that is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill with using NBC....vs wbal and it is YOU that has some rightwing agenda....spreading a lie, saying that nbc was aware of this for hours?

Not one, article stated such soooooo, YOU TELL ME, what am i suppose to think about what you are mouthing off?

Am I suppose to agree with something that is CLEARLY NOT THE TRUTH?

I think not....i don't play those games xsisted.

If NBC OR WBAL knew something about it then i would be fine in nailing them.

Isn't THAT how it SHOULD be instead of passing or making up gossip and rumors and lies?

you know better... :doubt:

Care

Oh brother. You're calling me a conservative and you say that I have some 'Right-wing agenda'. Maybe I should start calling you a Republican. That would make about as much sense.

I, too, blame the kid and I also blame organizations like NBC (or WBAL, if you want to deny that they are an NBC affiliate) and HuffPo for not taking care of this in a timely fashion. They allowed this to go on for hours and yet you want me to believe they weren't aware of it? :eusa_hand: Sorry. Not buying it.

Forum List

Back