"Corporations are people my friend"

So, are you now willing to give all those things up?

Ya' gonna walk the walk, now that you've just talked the talk......Doing otherwise would just make you a damn hypocrite so, I expect we won't being seeing you up here due to the fact that you're giving up those conveniences that are made and developed by those evil, dastardly corporations, correct?
One can always identify a conservative - for some reason they're always angry and trying to bully the opposition!

Pointing out someone's hypocrisy is not bullying.

I was thinking maybe Tourette's, but actually he's just a foul-mouthed coward who runs his shit online because he's such a motherfucking lame piece of shit that he can't cut it in the real world. Somebody done fucked up his circumcision, and he was left with nothing but a gash, and a really bad attitude.

In good news, he's probably a swell soprano.

Dumb fuck.
flaminghypocritecopymy6.jpg

"Maple" is sidestepping the only question that really counts - have corporations increased the level of happinesses in the world?

The answer is an unequivicable "yes."

Footnote: Given Nike's association with sweatshops and child labor in 3rd world countries, perhaps selecting tennis shoes as an example wasn't the smartest choice of products.

Nike's plants in third world countries raise the standard of living for the people who work in them. Instead of sweating for 16 hours a day stooped over in a rice paddy, they can work in a nice clean air conditioned factory for 8 hours a day and earn 5 times more money than they ever dreamed of.

Yeah, those Nike "sweatshops" sure are horrible.

Then why don't we get rid of the minimum wage and get Nike to open some factories here,

paying a buck or less an hour, or whatever it is?
Do you really think the cost of living is the same worldwide?

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together understands exactly what he meant. A corporation is just the legal face for a group of people who have banded together for a specific purpose. When you attack corporations, you attack the people who own them and the people who work for them.

You have to be deliberately stupid not to understand what he meant.

A corporation is not a human being, a corporation is not a person. A corporation has no feelings, no sense of empathy and doesn't feel pain; it doesn't experience love or hate, hunger or fear, pain or pleasure.

Of course we all know this, even Mr. Romney. So what did he mean? Was he suggesting a corporation has a soul? Not likely, maybe he meant corporations care. Wasn't that a slogan used by Chevron Corporation in their TV ads, "People Care"? That must have been before they got sued for polluting rivers in South America, rivers which supplied water to indigenous people. Maybe Chevron meant people care about profit?

What was Cheveron's second quarter profit this year? $10 Billion, or more?/

I suggest you not speak of anyone being deliberately stupid, being that you hold opinions which are so extreme.

Romney's remark went beyond your simple simon spin. Suggesting people are the face of a corporation is self evident and means nothing. A corporation is composed of many individuals, all of whom hold uniquely differeent opinions, values and interests. Employees, stockholders, directors and officers do not always agree on policy, practice or plans for the future. I suspect many who hold stock in Chevron and work for Chevron are sickened by the corporation's pollution of rivers and efforts to avoid responsibility.

One other point off topic but germain is the effort of Republicans to deny protections to whistleblowers. Corporate ethos are generally of the ends and means variety: Profit is good and any means which increaes profits is justified. Of course not all corporations operate in such a manner, but the many that do make regulations necessary. A whitleblower protection act should be the law, not watered down by five members of the Supreme Court who hold business practices as rights no matter who is harmed. Corporatons will only be people when the face of the corporation does not have limited liability and can be imprisoned.

Anybody can incorporate. Corporations -R-Us. I'm not a big fan of Romney but he is right and I am truly surprised at the attitude of radical lefties.

I could not incorporate myself as a corporation so I could get the same tax deductions as coprorations do.

perhaps what romney meant was that corporations were his friends?

Of course you could.
Moron.
Has the iQ gone down on this site recently or am I just getting fed up?

I doubt the IQ has gone down so much as the normal trend of the rabid mindless idiots amping up for election time.

Corporations are a construct...a business. They are created by people, operated by people, run by people. Of course people KNOW that...but it SO much better fits with their whiny and pathetic "hate the rich" class warfare gig if you can create the specter of the evil "coporpation." The corporate entity that is GE doesnt blindly support Obama, the PEOPLE at that corporation do.

Wait...I just had a scary thought. There actually ARE people that believe corporations are giant evil monsters...beings...that steal others money and then hoard it. Oh noes!!! Here comes the GE monster!!! And those idiots that believe that are allowed to drive. And worse...vote. And even worse...procreate.

The answer is an unequivicable "yes."

Nike's plants in third world countries raise the standard of living for the people who work in them. Instead of sweating for 16 hours a day stooped over in a rice paddy, they can work in a nice clean air conditioned factory for 8 hours a day and earn 5 times more money than they ever dreamed of.

Yeah, those Nike "sweatshops" sure are horrible.

Then why don't we get rid of the minimum wage and get Nike to open some factories here,

So there should be a minimum wage, that relates to the cost of living??

I could not incorporate myself as a corporation so I could get the same tax deductions as coprorations do.

perhaps what romney meant was that corporations were his friends?

Of course you could.
Moron.
Has the iQ gone down on this site recently or am I just getting fed up?

I doubt the IQ has gone down so much as the normal trend of the rabid mindless idiots amping up for election time.

Corporations are a construct...a business. They are created by people, operated by people, run by people. Of course people KNOW that...but it SO much better fits with their whiny and pathetic "hate the rich" class warfare gig if you can create the specter of the evil "coporpation." The corporate entity that is GE doesnt blindly support Obama, the PEOPLE at that corporation do.

Wait...I just had a scary thought. There actually ARE people that believe corporations are giant evil monsters...beings...that steal others money and then hoard it. Oh noes!!! Here comes the GE monster!!! And those idiots that believe that are allowed to drive. And worse...vote. And even worse...procreate.

So ENRON was a spector and didn't really steal other peoples money?

So there should be a minimum wage, that relates to the cost of living??

I have no problem with that, contrary to the stereotypes you bitterly cling to.

My first deployment to Kuwait was in '94, Al Jaber Air Base. The Services folks sold Cokes in their rec tent for a dime. Here's the part where you need to pay attention:

Services made money off each Coke. The distributor made money off each Coke. And Coca-Cola made money off each Coke.

Get it?

Another illustration: I was in Egypt in '95 for Bright Star, Cairo West Air Base. I met an Egyptian Air Force enlisted guy. He made ten dollars a month, and was supporting his family on it. He said his brother had gotten out of the military, and was missing the good pay.

So, yeah, the cost of living varies greatly depending on where you are. So your crocodile tears for the poor, downtrodden Nike employees making "a buck or less an hour, or whatever it is" are misplaced. Wherever they are, they can live on it, and probably better than other locals.

The entire world is not like New York. Perhaps you should get out more.

Last edited:
If corporations are people then why haven't we hanged any of the BAD ones, yet?

Why aren't some BANSTER corporations in prison?

THIS is a silly debate.

Corporations are legal entities granted many of the rights normally associated (by sane societies, at least) only to PEOPLE

THIS is a silly debate.

Corporations are legal entities granted many of the rights normally associated (by sane societies, at least) only to PEOPLE

No Conservative..none...has ever held that Warren Anderson be returned to Bhopal.

The Union Carbide accident was worse then 9/11..in terms of human suffering.

THIS is a silly debate.

No Conservative..none...has ever held that Warren Anderson be returned to Bhopal.

The Union Carbide accident was worse then 9/11..in terms of human suffering.
Union Carbide was an "accident"

9/11 was a premeditated attack. Premeditated murder of thousands.

Comparing the two is pure left wing liberal lunacy.

Seriously, as Obama pisses his Presidency straight down the fuckin' toilet, the bullshit coming from you loons has ramped up ten fold lately.

I don't give up my freedom of expression or the ability to promote what I support politically because I incorporate.

corporations are simply associations of people.

No, a simple association of people would be held responsible for all of the decisions they make and the liability associated with those decisions. in the US, the primary express purpose for a corporation is to remove much of that liability and place it in the hands of those who do business with the corporation and those who loan the corporation money.

Forum List

Back