"Corporations are people my friend"

If corporations are people then why haven't we hanged any of the BAD ones, yet?

Why aren't some BANSTER corporations in prison?

THIS is a silly debate.

Corporations are legal entities granted many of the rights normally associated (by sane societies, at least) only to PEOPLE

No Conservative..none...has ever held that Warren Anderson be returned to Bhopal.

The Union Carbide accident was worse then 9/11..in terms of human suffering.
Union Carbide was an "accident"

9/11 was a premeditated attack. Premeditated murder of thousands.

Comparing the two is pure left wing liberal lunacy.

Seriously, as Obama pisses his Presidency straight down the fuckin' toilet, the bullshit coming from you loons has ramped up ten fold lately.

9/11 was a premeditated attack, much as when an armed robber kills another; about 3,000 lives were lost.

Union Carbide engaged in a legal activity which caused great harm. Both the criminal law and civil law impose penalties for negligence: "Conduct that falls below the standards of behavior established by law for the protection of others against unreasonable risk of harm. A person has acted negligently if he or she has departed from the conduct expected of a reasonably prudent person acting under similar circumstances".

I don't know the facts of Union Carbide actions or their culpability per the law in effect in India at the time but the death toll is reported to be much greater than 9/11: "Estimates of the death toll vary greatly. Most sources say at least 3,000 people died from immediate exposure to the gas, while higher estimates go up to 8,000. In the two decades following the night of the disaster, approximately 20,000 additional people have died from the damage they received from the gas./11".

See: Poison Gas Leak in Bhopal India

LLC = Protecting personal assets by limiting liability for corporate action to the corporation.

Right, it passes the liability on from the ownership (actual people!) to a fictional entity that, when it runs out of money, passes the liability on to anyone who holds debt of the fictional entity - be that a bondholder, a small bank that gave a line of credit, or the guy across the street who provides office supplies.

When corporations make money, where does it go?

1. Employees. (people)
2. Management (people)
3. Stockholders (people)
4. Investments (other people, eventually)

Corporate profits do not sit there doing nothing, it ends up somewhere. Maybe here, maybe offshore, but somebody somewhere is going to be better off.

1. Employees. (people)
2. Management (people)
3. Stockholders (people)

Corporate profits do not sit there doing nothing, it ends up somewhere. Maybe here, maybe offshore, but somebody somewhere is going to be better off.
1. Switzerland
2. China
3. Brazil
Etc., etc., etc.
Last. USA

1. Employees. (people)
2. Management (people)
3. Stockholders (people)

1. Switzerland
2. China
3. Brazil
Etc., etc., etc.
Last. USA

Well maybe as president, Obama oughta be putting in place policies to make the USA more attractive to businesses and investments.

But that ain't really the point of this thread. Corporations consist of people, and it is people who benefit from the actions corporations take.

1. Employees. (people)
2. Management (people)
3. Stockholders (people)

1. Switzerland
2. China
3. Brazil
Etc., etc., etc.
Last. USA

Well maybe as president, Obama oughta be putting in place policies to make the USA more attractive to businesses and investments.

Easily done. Its called TARIFFS

But that ain't really the point of this thread. Corporations consist of people, and it is people who benefit from the actions corporations take.

Absolutely right.

Corporations are legal fictions owned in various forms of stock ownership BY PEOPLE.

Corporations are not people.

1. Switzerland
2. China
3. Brazil
Etc., etc., etc.
Last. USA

Absolutely right.

Corporations are legal fictions owned in various forms of stock ownership BY PEOPLE.

I think you will find if you look back in history that tariffs do not make businesses and investments more attractive. Suggest you start with Smoot Hawley. How'd that work out?

Corporations consist of people, it is people who make the decisions, people who provide the products or services, and people who benefit. Just like this forum, it's nothing without the poeple who visit here to read and respond to what other people say.

Bye, bye Mr. Romney.

Anybody can incorporate. Corporations -R-Us. I'm not a big fan of Romney but he is right and I am truly surprised at the attitude of radical lefties.

I could not incorporate myself as a corporation so I could get the same tax deductions as coprorations do.

perhaps what romney meant was that corporations were his friends?

Oh yes you can too incorporate yourself as a small business owner, even it's only you.

Then why don't we get rid of the minimum wage and get Nike to open some factories here,

paying a buck or less an hour, or whatever it is?
Do you really think the cost of living is the same worldwide?

So there should be a minimum wage, that relates to the cost of living??

Are you willing to pay double or triple for the price of a McDonald's hamburger, fries and coke? Probably not, therefore by McDonalds charging double or triple for what they make they would lose money, when they lose money they have to lay people off in order to survive. That's what a livable minimum wage would do, you are not supposed to live off a job at a McDonalds or Wendy's those are jobs for people and teenagers who don't need to live off them.

This just goes to show how detached liberals are from reality, especially the business world.

To liberals corporations are huge evil entities that only care about making money. The people that run them are not human beings, they are monsters.

I don't hate corporations. I hate how a lot of them have thrown their money at congress in order to get their way and congress is listening to them because those corporations are lining their pockets with money. That's what you call corporatism. The government and corporations were never meant to be so closely intertwined and it's killing this country. Congress is no longer working of for the people, it's working for the corporations. That's what I hate.

What's your philosophy on Unions and Unions funding the Democratic party with the Union dues they confiscate from their members.

I think that all you libs who hate corporations so much give it all up -right now, throw your computer out, your phone out, your washer and dryers out, your television out and never, not ever get on another news program, because those are corporations too and then we normal people who like the stuff that corporations make will never have to listen or hear this stupid rant again.

Btw- Corporations employ millions of Americans, let me name some At&t, Verizon, Motorola, Seimens, GE, Safeway, City Market, Jiffy Lube, McDonalds, Burgerking, Walmart,K- Mart, Sears, Pennys, the dollar stores, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Chick Filet, just to name a few- in fact most of your restaurants and fast food are all corporations, so give that up too. Never again eat out as you will choke on the food because it's corporate food. Never go to a movie either- they are corporations too. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, and you need to give up the beer, the soda pop, the candy, the donuts, anything you don't grow or kill yourself if off limits, because it's all corporate food. Ohhhhhhhhhh, and you need to build a fire in your back yard as the utilites that supply the energy to cook your food and heat and air condition your house is also a corporation, so no heat or air conditioning either- totally off limits for you corporate haters.

I forgot- transportation is also going to pose a little problem for you corporate haters, as there is no car, no bicycle, no tricycle that is not corporate made- so you are now a-foot barefoot that is. Maybe you can borrow a neighbor's horse but you will have to ride it naked as remember, your clothing is corporate made too.

I forgot another- you corporate haters- never, not ever get sick, the hospital you go to has equipment in there for diagnosis that is all corporate made and even the prescription medication the Doctor prescribes is made by those" evil" corporations.[/QUOTE Just a reminder for all of you corporate haters. :lol:

I forgot- transportation is also going to pose a little problem for you corporate haters, as there is no car, no bicycle, no tricycle that is not corporate made- so you are now a-foot barefoot that is. Maybe you can borrow a neighbor's horse but you will have to ride it naked as remember, your clothing is corporate made too.
"Maple" is sidestepping the only question that really counts - have corporations increased the level of happinesses in the world?

Footnote: Given Nike's association with sweatshops and child labor in 3rd world countries, perhaps selecting tennis shoes as an example wasn't the smartest choice of products.

I am happier with the jobs that corporations have created and the stuff that they have provided, such as the key board I am typing on, the computer that I am using, if you are not then give it up, give it all up. Walk your talk.

Bye, bye Mr. Romney.

Anybody can incorporate. Corporations -R-Us. I'm not a big fan of Romney but he is right and I am truly surprised at the attitude of radical lefties.

Most of the lefties on this board--are too young to realize that there a millions of small business people (mom and pop) shops that are corporations. They are S-Corporations aka sub chapter S Corporations. Your class C corporations are the larger ones--which lefties hate. They equate any business with Inc. behind their name as Halliburtion--:lol::lol:

They got this weird idea from Rachel Maddow--(MSNBC) that corporations aren't "people"--but I always like to remind people that corporations can also be spelled J.O.B.S in this country.

1. Switzerland
2. China
3. Brazil
Etc., etc., etc.
Last. USA

Absolutely right.

S Corporations are NOT publicly held STOCK--they are individual owners and there are MILLIONS of small business'es in this country that are S-Corporations.

I am going to hitch my horse to the corporate rich guy wagon damn near everytime.

Me too. " GE it brings good things to life." And I don't want to go back to the days, when the average life span was 40 years, you grew everything you ate, no electricity, no cars, heated and cooked on an open fire, made your own clothes and lived like a caveman.

I am happy right here typing on my corporate made keyboard on my corporate made computer talking on my corporate made cell phone.:lol:

Absolutely right.

S Corporations are NOT publicly held STOCK--they are individual owners and there are MILLIONS of small business'es in this country that are S-Corporations.

In other words- Corporations are people too. :lol: Yes they are. You would think that these lefties think they are martians, evil doers, out to destroy the world all the while typing on their corporate made key-board, on their corporate made computer probably watching their corporate made television, or talking on their corporate made cell phone.:lol:

Bye, bye Mr. Romney.

Its not a matter of “radical lefties”, according to polls taken during the debt limit debate, 64% (vary nearly two thirds) of Americans supported requiring corporations to pay their taxes, that’s the left, center left and center right. Only the conservative core supporters opposed.
I would also point out that the “people” who benefit from corporate profits are the top 5% of earners who already earn 35% of all the money in the country (and who themselves would prefer to pay no taxes), these folks aren’t exactly going broke, however I must admit, Romney was correct, they are in fact people.

I have been on the end of some serious corporate profit sharing, perks, salary and bonuses for the value I brought to the organization in the form of production.

Have the the logo golf balls to prove it.

Forum List

Back