corporate profits and jobs

• Banned
If increased profits dont make them hire how is more tax cuts going to make them hire?

• Banned
Where are the jobs the right promised would materialize if the corps were making money?

I think the article pretty well answers the question.

During the recession, American business fired everything with 2 legs that they could not directly tie to revenue. The results were lean mean organizations that could compete here or abroad. This resulted in a couple of trillion in cash that they are sitting on. With encouragement from Uncle Sam and foreign governments, they have exported most American manufacturing overseas to a point where "Made in American" is a novelty.

I think the article pretty well answers the question.

During the recession, American business fired everything with 2 legs that they could not directly tie to revenue. The results were lean mean organizations that could compete here or abroad. This resulted in a couple of trillion in cash that they are sitting on. With encouragement from Uncle Sam and foreign governments, they have exported most American manufacturing overseas to a point where "Made in American" is a novelty.

Absolutely. From 2001 to 2008 millions of jobs were moved overseas. This happened as a joint venture between Republicans, the Chamber of Commerce and China.

The Chamber sees the Republican Party as the Party that just keeps on giving. It's why they give to Republicans over Democrats 10 or 11 to one.

Last edited:

Chevrolet is building Volts that nobody wants to plug in.

There are jobs there.
Really? There are 54,000 people from the 50 states and 97 countries that are on a waiting list for Volts.

Happy Holidays 2008 From GM-Volt.com

So there are only 54,000 morons out of 6 Billion people on the planet. Some how, that gives me comfort.

Chevrolet is building Volts that nobody wants to plug in.

There are jobs there.
Really? There are 54,000 people from the 50 states and 97 countries that are on a waiting list for Volts.

So there are only 54,000 morons out of 6 Billion people on the planet. Some how, that gives me comfort.
Whether they are morons are not is immaterial. GM is making money and hiring workers to build the Volt. That's what counts.

This is what happens when you steal the playbook from the FDR Depression, I mean its intentional and to the Letter!

During his Depression FDR did the same things: spend like a crack ho and try to run the economy from Washington then demonize the private sector when they decided to keep their money. Know what FDR did? Undistributed Profits Tax.

Business is terrified of this Irresponsible Dick-tater and Economic Jihadist in the WH, thats why they holding their money.

ObamaCare, FinReg, EPA, Obama doing all he can do to stomp out free enterprise

I do not understand the confusion, companies are in business to make money, for themselves if privte or for their stockholders if public. I mean, that's it, they will hire more people when they have reason to believe more profit will be attained. They've made themselves ae profitable as they can with the people they've got now, but do not believe hiring more people will be more profitable. What's so hard to understand about that?

A boom in corporate profits, a bust in jobs - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com Where are the jobs guys?... ...If increased profits dont make them hire how is more tax cuts going to make them hire?
Reading MSNBC's leftist rhetoric always leaves a person confused. A much clearer picture is found with the corporate facts from Obama's Bureau of Economic Analysis

---since the recovery began July '09:
Increase in corporate profits: 54%
Increase in wages paid: 4%
Increase in corporate income taxes paid: 80%

---since the expansion peak in July '06
Increase in corporate profits: -7%
Increase in wages paid: 9%
Increase in total corporate taxes paid: +6%

Bottom line: corporate profits took a big hit, employee pay went up, taxes soared. The fact that Democrats still hate corporations and want even higher taxes can only be explained as a pathological class warfare obsession.

Whether they are morons are not is immaterial. GM is making money and hiring workers to build the Volt. That's what counts.

I wonder if the first people who bought Model T's were considered morons?

A boom in corporate profits, a bust in jobs - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com Where are the jobs guys?... ...If increased profits dont make them hire how is more tax cuts going to make them hire?
Reading MSNBC's leftist rhetoric always leaves a person confused. A much clearer picture is found with the corporate facts from Obama's Bureau of Economic Analysis

---since the recovery began July '09:
Increase in corporate profits: 54%
Increase in wages paid: 4%
Increase in corporate income taxes paid: 80%

---since the expansion peak in July '06
Increase in corporate profits: -7%
Increase in wages paid: 9%
Increase in total corporate taxes paid: +6%

Bottom line: corporate profits took a big hit, employee pay went up, taxes soared. The fact that Democrats still hate corporations and want even higher taxes can only be explained as a pathological class warfare obsession.

Workers pay bad.

Corporate profits good.

Now the corporations are making the biggest profits ever and look at those workers. Those nasty workers. Getting what they deserve.

Are there no workhouses?
Are there no prisons?

Forum List

Back