Corey Booker: "Im heterosexual and proud of it!"

Saying "I'm heterosexual" is not a problem.

Saying "I'm heterosexual and proud of it" could definitely be a problem.

We need to be clear about his comments.

"Saying "I'm heterosexual and proud of it" could definitely be a problem."

Why could it be a problem?

First of all, it doesn't appear he said he was "proud of it", so it looks like it's irrelevant.
However, in this climate we live in today, if someone had said "I'm heterosexual, and proud of it", the left would take that as being anti- gay.
I'm left and I dont take that as anti gay. Thats like claiming that I am anti-white if I say I am proud of being Black.

Saying "I'm heterosexual" is not a problem.

Saying "I'm heterosexual and proud of it" could definitely be a problem.

We need to be clear about his comments.

"Saying "I'm heterosexual and proud of it" could definitely be a problem."

Why could it be a problem?

First of all, it doesn't appear he said he was "proud of it", so it looks like it's irrelevant.
However, in this climate we live in today, if someone had said "I'm heterosexual, and proud of it", the left would take that as being anti- gay.
I agree. There is a difference when you are part of a majority group and say that you are proud of it, and when you are part of an oppressed and maligned minority group. The former group has no need to proclaim proudness and to do so is widely understood to be a dog whistle for bigots who hear a proclamation of superiority. Those in the minority who say that they are proud are doing so to overcome and to counter the negativity associated with them. Deal with it.

Forum List

Back