Cop shoots dead Licensed Conceal Carry holder (MN)

Does one normally keep their driver's license underneath the driver's front seat?
A loaded handgun was found underneath the driver's seat.
There was NO license/wallet/papers found.
The driver DID NOT have a 'CC'.
The driver DID have a criminal record.
Before the LEO left his patrol car he had run a background check on the car.
The car's owner, the driver, had several arrests and two outstanding warrants.
When the LEO approached the vehicle he had already drawn his service weapon.
What the 'girlfriend', AKA a well known hooker, said was total fucking bullshit.
No surprise there.
Link?

The victim was a passenger. It's not unusual for some men to take their wallets out when sitting. Putting it under a seat instead of leaving it in plain sight is just good security.

I haven't seen anything about your other statements. The investigation will reveal what is true and what is not.

He's making shit up. Very few details have been released, but he claims to know where the gun was located, what the victim's entire record was, and that the girlfriend was a hooker.

As for the victim, he actually was the driver. The video was just flipped, so it appeared as if he was a passenger.

You a fucked up individual.
Look around the forum, Willie. The anti-gun Left regularly and gleefully jumps into or starts threads of a gun-owner being shot. This thread is different. Why? 1) the victim is black and 2) the shooter was a cop.

It always struck me as dysfunctional that LW anti-gunners want only police and military to have arms yet the LW is constantly bitching about the police and the military. Go figure.
Give us some examples of such....

Does one normally keep their driver's license underneath the driver's front seat?
What the 'girlfriend', AKA a well known hooker, said was total fucking bullshit.
No surprise there.
Link?

The victim was a passenger. It's not unusual for some men to take their wallets out when sitting. Putting it under a seat instead of leaving it in plain sight is just good security.

I haven't seen anything about your other statements. The investigation will reveal what is true and what is not.
You can see the person who was shot was sitting in the driver's seat.
The hooker was outside the vehicle when she was on Facebook.
The driver was asked for his driver's license and registration as in any traffic stop.
When the driver told the LEO his name the LEO told the driver to put his hands on the steering wheel and keep them there. Again routine LE. Instead the driver quickly reached under the driver's seat.
At that point the LEO properly opened fire.

No surprise there.
Link?

He's making shit up. Very few details have been released, but he claims to know where the gun was located, what the victim's entire record was, and that the girlfriend was a hooker.

As for the victim, he actually was the driver. The video was just flipped, so it appeared as if he was a passenger.

the details i have read at wcco have him as the driver turns out to be correct

This is terrible. Sounds to me like the victim was following the law. Upon being stopped he followed concealed carry law which is to announce your concealed carry permit and to tell the officer he had a gun. People normally carry the prof of insurance and registration in their glove compartments. I believe the girlfriend said that was what he was reaching for. Listen to the officer, he sounds out of control. I think he very much over reacted in this case. Having said that I think it's a shame that the cops have so unjustly been vilified. I think it is now going to be necessary that all cops work in pairs.

No surprise there.
Link?

The image was just mirrored when broadcast, so it appears he was the passenger. You can see the steering wheel in front of him though.

This is terrible. Sounds to me like the victim was following the law. Upon being stopped he followed concealed carry law which is to announce your concealed carry permit and to tell the officer he had a gun. People normally carry the prof of insurance and registration in their glove compartments. I believe the girlfriend said that was what he was reaching for. Listen to the officer, he sounds out of control. I think he very much over reacted in this case. Having said that I think it's a shame that the cops have so unjustly been vilified. I think it is now going to be necessary that all cops work in pairs.

from what i have been reading

the cop also said for him to stop reaching

and the guy failed to do so

No surprise there.
Link?

The image was just mirrored when broadcast, so it appears he was the passenger. You can see the steering wheel in front of him though.

yes i corrected it when i reviewed the video

Just another day in america. Watch, the all-about-smaller-govt crowd will rush to blindly defend the power of the corporate state to murder.

What makes me question that story is that the woman told the officer on video what he said, and the officer didn't dispute it.

in the video the cops says

" i told him to stop reaching ..."

that is when the girlfriend corrects him

"you told him to get his id his drivers license"

What makes me question that story is that the woman told the officer on video what he said, and the officer didn't dispute it.

yes this is just seconds to a minute after the shooting

things said during the event tend to be truthful

Completely disgusting.

This is a new low for America.
How does a stop for a broken tail light escalate so quickly into this?
How does the officer open fire on the driver with a woman and child in the car?

I think what I find the most disturbing is how calm the woman is. She seemed not surprised at all with the outcome even taking the time to live stream on facebook. This is now almost to be expected by black folks in America.

This one has my guts churning.

Completely disgusting.

This is a new low for America.
How does a stop for a broken tail light escalate so quickly into this?
How does the officer open fire on the driver with a woman and child in the car?

I think what I find the most disturbing is how calm the woman is. She seemed not surprised at all with the outcome even taking the time to live stream on facebook. This is now almost to be expected by black folks in America.

This one has my guts churning.

Just obey the fucking law . be moral and decent to the cops stupid fucks

And they just might drive you home.

No surprise there.
Link?

The victim was the driver. The video is reversed unless his car is a right-side drive. Watch the video again.

well first they weren't pulled over for being black, so this shit belongs in the race section if not the rubber room.

cop tells you not to reach for something, don't reach.

however it seems, from what we know, the officer over reacted.

oddly, the cop cared more about what he did than the girlfriend, as it's clear she didn't care one bit about anyone else.

in the video the cops says

" i told him to stop reaching ..."

that is when the girlfriend corrects him

"you told him to get his id his drivers license"
So the victim was doing as told (get his license) and the cop, thinking he was reaching for a gun, but not seeing one, shot him four times.

I'm guessing that cop will be looking for a less stressful, slower paced job requiring less decision-making. A donut factory line worker seems appropriate.

I watched the video earlier this morning. The girlfriend claims he has no criminal record and is licensed to carry, and if that proves to be true then it really was a senseless shooting. If he was legal to carry and had no warrants or record then he would have no reason to be reaching for his gun. Seeing as how the video starts after the shooting though all the facts may never come out.

more facts need to come out

she said he was reaching for his license

she corrected the cop

she said "you told him to get his license then shot him 4 times "

at this point i tend to believe her
No surprise there.

Do you have links to this? It has been reported over and over and the video audio played over and over that she said he had a permit....

No surprise there.
Link?

One phone call was all I needed to get the FACTS.
As usual I was right.

Forum List

Back