Conyers will retire, Moore to get eleted.

Democrats push out the women abusers. Republicans push to elect a child molester.

And the Republicans claim to be the religious ones.

Spitzer had to leave politics for hiring Prostitutes, Vitter hired prostitutes on his cell phone sitting in Congress & gets re-elected.

Trump admits to groping women, accused of child rape, accused of abusing women, accused of spousal rape - gets elected.

Now Trump endorses a child molester. The Republican party follows suit by funding Moore.

Fuck Jesus, we need that vote!!!!!!!

Bill Clinton was electes twice, so you see Democrats are not perfect either...
Never said they were. I never voted for Clinton.

Showing a draft dodger as some sort of military hero?

...e.

THe military trappings are more a figurative statement than a literal claim of him being in the military.

Once AGAIN "innocent until proven guilty" refers to CRIME. You can't be guilty or innocent if there's no crime present. And some the Moore stories are not crimes anyway. But all of them are about character. As is his more recent lying about them.

"Crime": "character". Know the difference
I said you are welcome to judge the character of the Judge as you see fit. The voters of Alabama will also judge him. But you can't compare his 40 year old accusation to the admitted bad behavior of the likes of Franken....Al has admitted his guilt.
Until Moore does or is proved beyond any doubt of wrong doing I lean towards innocent until proven guilty....that's just me. You can swing back and forth depending on political party I will not. I go with the law and evidence...not gut feeling or some sick political response based on party affiliation...

This just in --- "party affiliation" is not mandatory. Me, I don't see any point in it. I'd rather make my own choices --- what a concept.

As for this part:
you can't compare his 40 year old accusation to the admitted bad behavior of the likes of Franken....Al has admitted his guilt.

Correct on both counts; Franken fessed up and remembered the incidents, while Moore claims amnesia, and also true they can't be compared, as Franken was dealing with adult women.

But yes it is exactly up to the voters of Alabama. And whether he's 'innocent' of this one or 'guilty' of that one, their consideration would be about character and competence. In the former he's already started lying that he doesn't know women he'd already admitted knowing and interacting with for years, so that indicates something about honesty. And for the latter he's been kicked off the bench twice because he can't seem to follow the law over his own whims.

If that's a guy running in my state he's not making much of a case for himself.

Number two, "innocent until proven guilty" is for crimes -- not personal character assessments in choosing an electoral candidate.

And number one, how long ago was Al Franken's event?
If you want to asses a persons character on a 40 year old accusation of wrong doing when similar accusations against that person have been suspect to say the least than go ahead. But don't be surprised if some of us don't.
Innocent until proven guilty.....
You want people to vote for your guy but your guy has been accused of being close to the KKK a few years back before he caught the politician bug. How do you square those accusations? Should we just accept the word of his accusers?
Can't have it both ways they both deny the accusations....
This coming from a person that freaked out about Hilary Clinton.

There was no court conviction of Bill Clinton.
]There was no conviction of Hillary Clinton

There was no court conviction of Conyers.

But electing a child molester. Just fucking wow.

The KKK is an organization. One can leave & renounce it. Don;y[t tell me you are dragging up Byrd. Really? He joined in his 2-'s & soon left . Publically renouncing it.

You buddy molested a little girl. I think there is a difference.

There is no court conviction of that.

Like shooting fish in a barrel

Would also like to note the thread title contains a typo that says "Moore to get eleted".

Apparently the D didn't show up.

:D

Correct on both counts; Franken fessed up and remembered the incidents, while Moore claims amnesia, and also true they can't be compared, as Franken was dealing with adult women.
The reason we can't compare the two incidents is because we know one happened and we have no evidence the other did. Very different. If Franken were still denying the accusation the same would go for him. Innocent until proven guilty in court or in the eyes of the public.

The reason we can't compare the two incidents is because we know one happened and we have no evidence the other did. Very different. If Franken were still denying the accusation the same would go for him. Innocent until proven guilty in court or in the eyes of the public.

Again, "guilty" (or 'not guilty') is a yes-or-no, one-or-zero characterization of whether a crime was committed by some subject. That's what a court decides. That's not the domain of the "eyes of the public"; what they do is assess a pattern of behavior (whether criminal or not) and decide whether that character trait is acceptable.

In this case they'll consider stories from five different women, signatures in yearbooks and cards, admission from Moore himself that he dated teenagers half his age, his sudden denial that he even knows women he already admitted to knowing, the Gadsden Mall, all of that. Little of it amounts to a crime, and none of it is proof of guilt. But it is sufficient to establish a pattern to be considered, since what they're (the public) assessing is not "guilt" but "character".

And again if it were my state making the consideration I'd be more concerned about his getting kicked off a court bench because he didn't have the discipline to follow the law over his own whims. That screams irresponsibility, seems to me.

But no, we can't compare the incidents themselves, as Franken's involved an adult and Moore's involved several young girls. That makes them a different type of incident. Franken's act, as his target described it, sounds like it was more about a power conflict between adults (peers). Moore's sounds like it's more about taking advantage of kids.

Again, "guilty" (or 'not guilty') is a yes-or-no, one-or-zero characterization of whether a crime was committed by some subject. That's what a court decides. That's not the domain of the "eyes of the public"; what they do is assess a pattern of behavior (whether criminal or not) and decide whether that character trait is acceptable.
That is how you feel about the case and Judge Moore. Are you voting on Tuesday? If so that is where you can express yourself. If not...if you don't live in Alabama all you can do is bitch and moan. You can't arrest him sue him nor will your opinions and postings stop his election or stop people from voting for him. The election will happen and he will most likely win. Get used to it...
After that if someone takes him to court which would not be smart on a 40 year old accusation and he is proven to have done this then the senate can act if they wish but until that day this never happened...
If you can cancel out an election with an unproven accusation our system will collapse...

Nothing less than an immediate resignation by Conyers is acceptable.

Letting this guy serve out his term, which is more than a year, is simply disgusting and nearly criminal of the Dimocrat party.

Even if there were such a thing as a "Democrat Party" that's not who Conyers or any other Rep works for. They work for their constituents.

There's nothing stopping Pelosi and the rest of her House reps from putting additional pressure on Conyers to go.
Conyers resigns from Congress amid harassment allegations
There is nothing stopping the GOP from putting additional pressure on Moore to step aside. Except that they will welcome a pedophile into the Senate in order to keep their plurality. The party of Groping Old Perverts have proven to be bereft of morals or ethics.

Democrats push out the women abusers. Republicans push to elect a child molester.

And the Republicans claim to be the religious ones.

Spitzer had to leave politics for hiring Prostitutes, Vitter hired prostitutes on his cell phone sitting in Congress & gets re-elected.

Trump admits to groping women, accused of child rape, accused of abusing women, accused of spousal rape - gets elected.

Now Trump endorses a child molester. The Republican party follows suit by funding Moore.

Fuck Jesus, we need that vote!!!!!!!

What child was molested?

If you can cancel out an election with an unproven accusation our system will collapse...

Bingo. That’s exactly what the Progressives want, to undermine democracy. You know, exactly what they are accusing President Trump and Russia of doing.

Funny how Dems don’t mind trying to “influence an election” in their favor.

Nine women. Mall workers that were told to watch him and report any untoward behavior. Police officers were told to keep him away from high school cheer leaders. That is pretty damning information. How are you going to get all those people to testify to the same thing? Looks to me as if the thought of being represented by a pedophile is just fine with many in the GOP.

Forum List

Back