Congresswoman Moves To Protect Senate Pages From Accused Molester Roy Moore

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Rep. Gwen Moore is worried about the Senate’s teenage interns if he wins election.

NEW YORK ― As accused molester Roy Moore heads into a special election for a U.S. Senate seat this week, Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.) is taking steps to protect the teenagers in the Senate Page Program from predatory members.

The congresswoman asked the Senate Sergeant at Arms in a letter on Monday to “take steps to prepare the Page Program for the possible election of Roy Moore,” the Alabama Republican accused of pursuing sexual relationships with girls as young as 14. The 30 Senate pages, who are essentially interns, are mostly rising high school juniors and seniors, some as young as 16.

“I write you today to share my urgent concern regarding the threat to the safety of the young men and women working in the United States Senate Page Program if Roy Moore becomes the U.S. senator to Alabama,” Rep. Moore wrote.

“The nature of life on Capitol Hill necessitates long hours in close proximity to lawmakers and staff that can create power dynamics of which young people are not fully aware,” she added.

More: Congresswoman Moves To Protect Senate Pages From Accused Molester Roy Moore

I applaud this Congresswoman for trying to protect Senate pages - if Moore wins. Why aren't Republicans doing the same?

200w.gif

Rep. Gwen Moore is worried about the Senate’s teenage interns if he wins election.

NEW YORK ― As accused molester Roy Moore heads into a special election for a U.S. Senate seat this week, Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.) is taking steps to protect the teenagers in the Senate Page Program from predatory members.

The congresswoman asked the Senate Sergeant at Arms in a letter on Monday to “take steps to prepare the Page Program for the possible election of Roy Moore,” the Alabama Republican accused of pursuing sexual relationships with girls as young as 14. The 30 Senate pages, who are essentially interns, are mostly rising high school juniors and seniors, some as young as 16.

“I write you today to share my urgent concern regarding the threat to the safety of the young men and women working in the United States Senate Page Program if Roy Moore becomes the U.S. senator to Alabama,” Rep. Moore wrote.

“The nature of life on Capitol Hill necessitates long hours in close proximity to lawmakers and staff that can create power dynamics of which young people are not fully aware,” she added.

More: Congresswoman Moves To Protect Senate Pages From Accused Molester Roy Moore

I applaud this Congresswoman for trying to protect Senate pages - if Moore wins. Why aren't Republicans doing the same?
Right because she has done this in the past ?

You applaud her for being an over reactionary drama queen just like you.

She should face an ethics committee regarding the spreading of false accusations.

In other you won't believe this really happened news today --

Trump Group Sends 12-Year-Old Girl to Interview Roy Moore Ahead of Alabama Election

"A political group backing President Donald Trump has sent a 12-year-old girl to interview embattled Alabama Republican Senate contender Roy Moore.The America First Project published a video Sunday that showed Millie March—who rose to fame at the age of 11 during the 2016 election due to her support for Donald Trump—interviewing Moore as part of his campaign for election in Alabama."

http://www.newsweek.com/after-roy-m...ault-pro-trump-group-sends-12-year-old-743798

You applaud her for being an over reactionary drama queen just like you.

All this is:

Dog-and-pony-show.jpg

Ahead of tomorrow’s special Senate election in her home state of Alabama, Condoleezza Rice on Monday implored voters to reject Roy Moore—without explicitly naming him. In a statement to AL.com, the Birmingham-born ex-secretary of state called the election between Republican and accused pedophile Moore and Democratic nominee Doug Jones as “one of the most significant in Alabama’s history.” She added: “I encourage you to take a stand for our core principles and for what is right. These critical times require us to come together to reject bigotry, sexism, and intolerance.” While continuing to not name Moore, Rice further swiped at him by telling voters that “It is imperative for Americans to remain focused on our priorities and not give way to side shows and antics. I know that Alabamans need an independent voice in Washington. But we must also insist that our representatives are dignified, decent, and respectful of the values we hold dear.”

READ IT AT AL.COM

If he goes to Congress, I wouldn't send my teenaged girl there, either.

Ahead of tomorrow’s special Senate election in her home state of Alabama, Condoleezza Rice on Monday implored voters to reject Roy Moore—without explicitly naming him. In a statement to AL.com, the Birmingham-born ex-secretary of state called the election between Republican and accused pedophile Moore and Democratic nominee Doug Jones as “one of the most significant in Alabama’s history.” She added: “I encourage you to take a stand for our core principles and for what is right. These critical times require us to come together to reject bigotry, sexism, and intolerance.” While continuing to not name Moore, Rice further swiped at him by telling voters that “It is imperative for Americans to remain focused on our priorities and not give way to side shows and antics. I know that Alabamans need an independent voice in Washington. But we must also insist that our representatives are dignified, decent, and respectful of the values we hold dear.”

READ IT AT AL.COM

You must be dizzy from all that spinning

Forum List

Back