Conversational Philosophy

Then why are you trying to talk to a subject that you don't have a clue about? Anybody can copy and paste. That's the problem with the whole system today.

why do you challenge what you are incapable of addressing?
I don't waste my time with people that think kids are restricted in an education cause they have to keep their mouths shut and their ears open....

that's because you don't understand what that creates. You are a product of that system. I have asked you already what have you ever offered society, that no one else has ever offered before and you have nothing.

Whoops, you do have that copy and paste thing going, whereby children should keep their mouth shut and their ears open. Wow that's some real schooling. I'll bet your journalism classes taught you real good, I mean, they taught you to copy and paste whatever they wanted so that you didn't have to use your own brain. And keep your mouth shut and your ears open.

why do you challenge what you are incapable of addressing?
I don't waste my time with people that think kids are restricted in an education cause they have to keep their mouths shut and their ears open....

that's because you don't understand what that creates. You are a product of that system. I have asked you already what have you ever offered society, that no one else has ever offered before and you have nothing.

Whoops, you do have that copy and paste thing going, whereby children should keep their mouth shut and their ears open. Wow that's some real schooling. I'll bet your journalism classes taught you real good, I mean, they taught you to copy and paste whatever they wanted so that you didn't have to use your own brain. And keep your mouth shut and your ears open.
I'm just an average Joe...ahhh, what a bummer, for someone, just not me......I was more into photo journalism with a 35mm zoom lens Fuji..
All I got in school was a paddled ass for misbehavior in class.....

How do you see philosophy in American society?

How did this get into psychology I wonder. But both P and P are important as they challenge complacent thinking. That is where I see philosophy in America. An attempt to get outside of ideologies that create conformity and often evil. "The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis 'Sanctions for Evil'

British but relevant I think. Philosophy sessions boost primary school results - BBC News

"‘Know thyself’ is a flimsy bargain-basement platitude, endlessly recycled but maddeningly empty. It skates the very existential question it pretends to address, the question that obsesses us: what is it to know oneself? The lesson of the identity detector is this: when we dig deep, beneath our memory traces and career ambitions and favourite authors and small talk, we find a constellation of moral capacities. This is what we should cultivate and burnish, if we want people to know who we really are." Nina Strohminger Morality is the key to personal identity Nina Strohminger Aeon

"What makes me the same person throughout my life, and a different person from you? And what is the importance of these facts?

I believe that most of us have false beliefs about our own nature, and our identity over time, and that, when we see the truth, we ought to change some of our beliefs about what we have reason to do." How To Be Good - The New Yorker

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen

How did this get into psychology I wonder. But both P and P are important as they challenge complacent thinking. That is where I see philosophy in America. An attempt to get outside of ideologies that create conformity and often evil. "The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis 'Sanctions for Evil'

British but relevant I think. Philosophy sessions boost primary school results - BBC News

"‘Know thyself’ is a flimsy bargain-basement platitude, endlessly recycled but maddeningly empty. It skates the very existential question it pretends to address, the question that obsesses us: what is it to know oneself? The lesson of the identity detector is this: when we dig deep, beneath our memory traces and career ambitions and favourite authors and small talk, we find a constellation of moral capacities. This is what we should cultivate and burnish, if we want people to know who we really are." Nina Strohminger Morality is the key to personal identity Nina Strohminger Aeon

"What makes me the same person throughout my life, and a different person from you? And what is the importance of these facts?

I believe that most of us have false beliefs about our own nature, and our identity over time, and that, when we see the truth, we ought to change some of our beliefs about what we have reason to do." How To Be Good - The New Yorker

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen

Are all Americans taught to be stupid?
Schools refuse to teach children to think for themselves Page 13 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Question - Do you believe that Philosophy is lost on the Christian? (or, meaningless, fruitless etc.)?

Definition of Philosophy: the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.

Wouldn't the fundamental nature of, at least, reality and existence be purely "God" created, and thus, make discussion of Philosophy ridiculous for a Christian. Or not?

Where are you from?

Question - Do you believe that Philosophy is lost on the Christian? (or, meaningless, fruitless etc.)?

Definition of Philosophy: the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.

Wouldn't the fundamental nature of, at least, reality and existence be purely "God" created, and thus, make discussion of Philosophy ridiculous for a Christian. Or not?

Because no one can prove there is or isn't a God, philosophy would be in the realm of all. By your words do we see your one-sided nature.

Where are you from?

Well?

You are here speaking on the psychology forum, so show us that one of you has the ability to speak to this subject.

This is the Philosophy Forum ... I know they share a lot of the same letters, but they are not necessarily the same.

Gosh the spelling police are everywhere, because they have nothing else.

Let us know when one of you can argue philosophy or psychology. Until then keep using your childish nonsense and bye-bye

Can one of you tell us, do schools use psychology in the classrooms, for the sake of children? If not, why not?

Gosh the spelling police are everywhere, because they have nothing else.

Let us know when one of you can argue philosophy or psychology....

You have not given the slightest indication that you know anything about either.

It's OK, I didn't expect any of you with a copy and paste education, to be able to understand and iterate, The psychology behind the teachers pet.

Thank you for showing the world, the stupidity of the teaching around the world.

it's no secret, that the teaching system is severely deficient, unless you think you can defend the stupidity of this teaching system, whereby you are taught to copy and paste and follow the bouncing Redball. You run away, and hide behind the morons that don't care how stupid they make themselves look. I see you hiding.

You think I am an anomaly, but I am teaching others what I know. Your children will be like you, unable and disable. Thank you for showing the world your stupidity.

Forum List

Back