Conversational Philosophy

Question - Do you believe that Philosophy is lost on the Christian? (or, meaningless, fruitless etc.)?

Definition of Philosophy: the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.

Wouldn't the fundamental nature of, at least, reality and existence be purely "God" created, and thus, make discussion of Philosophy ridiculous for a Christian. Or not?

Because no one can prove there is or isn't a God, philosophy would be in the realm of all. By your words do we see your one-sided nature.

what do you mean one sided nature? explain please...

Question - Do you believe that Philosophy is lost on the Christian? (or, meaningless, fruitless etc.)?

Definition of Philosophy: the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.

Wouldn't the fundamental nature of, at least, reality and existence be purely "God" created, and thus, make discussion of Philosophy ridiculous for a Christian. Or not?

Because no one can prove there is or isn't a God, philosophy would be in the realm of all. By your words do we see your one-sided nature.

Is philosophy about proof? what is proof?

Is philosophy about proof? .../QUOTE]

He clearly has no idea what philosophy is.

If you wanted to know, you would speak with respect. However since you know that you are at a severe disadvantage,

The morons think that there is no proof, have a rude awakening. However they are too stupid to know that.

Keep hiding behind these morons children, you have nothing more than copy and paste and you know it.

If you wanted to know, you would speak with respect. However since you know that you are at a severe disadvantage,

The morons think that there is no proof, have a rude awakening. However they are too stupid to know that.

Keep hiding behind these morons children, you have nothing more than copy and paste and you know it.
Don't you get tired of using the same old line?
Talk about mono-dimensional...

Don't you wish that you had something of your own? You are nothing more than a copy and paste, follow the bouncing red ball, child.

Stage Angels

We can find inspiration for philosophy musings in art.

The performance genre of shadow plays involves the use of imaginative shadow puppets meant to convey a curiosity about perception and emotion silhouettes and behavior boundaries.

The Woody Allen film "Shadows and Fog" (1991) looks at the fun melee between imagination and skepticism found in everyday curiosities.

What is the difference between art criticism and philosophy?

:afro:

Shadow Play

aig.jpg

Stage Angels

We can find inspiration for philosophy musings in art.

The performance genre of shadow plays involves the use of imaginative shadow puppets meant to convey a curiosity about perception and emotion silhouettes and behavior boundaries.

The Woody Allen film "Shadows and Fog" (1991) looks at the fun melee between imagination and skepticism found in everyday curiosities.

What is the difference between art criticism and philosophy?

Shadow Play

I was never taught to view the world in such a way, so I would not understand that. I am more of a purist. I don't care for sarcasm even though I understand some of it.

View attachment 45635

Speak with respect? I said please... <???> anyway....

Who are the morons and my questions are original thought... are you on drugs? (ok I admit, that was disrespectful.... )

Firefly Fallacy

There must be a special algorithm we can uncover to track the bioluminescence patterns in fireflies in suburbia New Jersey in the summer months.

Why would we want to perform such an investigation?

Well, it would 'illuminate' something interesting about the frequency and organizational behavior of fireflies engaged in navigation, courtship, and group motion as it pertains to the sensitivity of biochemical signals.

Philosophy really touches on all kinds of subjects --- photography, zoology, metaphysics, etc.

Bioluminescence

firefly.jpg

The only thing I know about fireflies is that if you smear them on your arm, the glow in the dark stuff will glow on your arm too! We used to do this all the time growing up!

I used to love philosophical conversation. I might again if anyone wasn't too busy... (that includes myself)....

Forum List

Back