Conservatives! You guys Rock! You got what you wanted! Farms, however, now need help!

If the choice is between stooping over all day picking vegetables in 100 degree temperatures or going hungry, they'd pick the vegetables, I assure you.

Exactly.... Take the job or lose all your benefits. No more unemployment, welfare, foodstamps, etc.... All of the sudden these people would get a lot more motivated to do the work offered to them.

Naw.

You fucks are the one that wouldn't even let Bush's "Guest worker" program, which was a smart way to get people willing to do that type of work for minimum wage while giving them a path toward citizen, to get through Congress. There are jobs, Americans, are not willing to do for minimum wage. As a former business owner..I KNOW THIS.

They won't do the work for minimum wage because they can sit on welfare and get free money. The government caused the problem. Take away the free money and they'll do the work and farmers might actually have to pay them more a reasonable wage too.

You guys are all about navitist bullshit. Which basically means you have no fucking idea about what this country was and is about. It's an immigrant nation. Started that way.

Wow, you telling other people they don't know what this country is about is pretty fucking hysterical.

First of all, no, I am not into "nativism." Second, yes we are historically an immigrant nation, but for you to think it's that simple is incredibly shortsighted on your part, but not surprising, because it is you who doesn't know dick about what this country was and is about.

My grandparents came over to this country in the 1920s and you know what? They had to work or starve. They weren't given Medicaid for their children. They weren't given food stamps and Section 8 housing. They opened a restaurant and worked seven days a week for the next 60 years, closing one week a year for a break. That was what this immigrant nation was all about, self reliance and having the freedom to succeed or fail. Those were the ethics of the American people in those days. People like you threw it all out the window.

This is exactly why all of FDR's labor laws need to be repealed and we need real immigration reform

Amazing. A thread advocating for using and abusing illegal immigrants. Somehow hispanics are supposed to react positively to the left who want to keep them being used and abused. I don't think it will turn out as well as they think in the end.

There will be plenty of people who will pick crops. People need jobs. It's time the people humble themselves and do whats necessary.

George Orwell would be shocked that his vision has come to fruition in the form of American Conservatism.

His vision was that you would be arguing for the need to use and abuse illegal immigrations? Please explain.

If the choice is between stooping over all day picking vegetables in 100 degree temperatures or going hungry, they'd pick the vegetables, I assure you.

Exactly.... Take the job or lose all your benefits. No more unemployment, welfare, foodstamps, etc.... All of the sudden these people would get a lot more motivated to do the work offered to them.
My wife and I worked in a food bank for some years and have met numerous people that are unemployed. With only a couple of exceptions, these people want to work. There are a lot of reasons why people don’t work. The desire to live off unemployment and food stamps is not one of them.

What people don’t understand about the unemployed is that most of them do work. They aren't bringing home a paycheck, at least not large enough to support themselves but they are working. That work can take many forms such as searching for a job, taking care of your 3 kids while the wife works, or working 2 days a week for the brother-in-law. These people aren't going give up the work they are doing now for temporary job.

Naw.

You fucks are the one that wouldn't even let Bush's "Guest worker" program, which was a smart way to get people willing to do that type of work for minimum wage while giving them a path toward citizen, to get through Congress. There are jobs, Americans, are not willing to do for minimum wage. As a former business owner..I KNOW THIS.

They won't do the work for minimum wage because they can sit on welfare and get free money. The government caused the problem. Take away the free money and they'll do the work and farmers might actually have to pay them more a reasonable wage too.

You guys are all about navitist bullshit. Which basically means you have no fucking idea about what this country was and is about. It's an immigrant nation. Started that way.

Wow, you telling other people they don't know what this country is about is pretty fucking hysterical.

First of all, no, I am not into "nativism." Second, yes we are historically an immigrant nation, but for you to think it's that simple is incredibly shortsighted on your part, but not surprising, because it is you who doesn't know dick about what this country was and is about.

My grandparents came over to this country in the 1920s and you know what? They had to work or starve. They weren't given Medicaid for their children. They weren't given food stamps and Section 8 housing. They opened a restaurant and worked seven days a week for the next 60 years, closing one week a year for a break. That was what this immigrant nation was all about, self reliance and having the freedom to succeed or fail. Those were the ethics of the American people in those days. People like you threw it all out the window.
I think the work ethic you speak of is just as alive today as it was a hundred years ago. In the 1920's anyone who was physically able could get a job that would support themselves and often a family. My dad in 1950's worked in a hardware store. My mom didn't have to work. We had a car. Took a vacation every year and we got by. Today you would be lucky to support yourself in such a job.

There are very few jobs available today for low skilled and unskilled workers. Even those with education and skills are having a hard time making ends meet. Taking away basis subsistence from the poor and the unemployed is not going bring the jobs back or make America a better place to live.

Last edited:
Picking the crops. President Obama has been SO successful getting rid of illegals that Georgia, North and South Carolina now need pickers.

Who is signing up!!

Lets get to it!!!!!:clap2:

You guys rock. Now go pick the crops!

Give it about 99 weeks, then they'll have plenty of pickers.......

My wife and I worked in a food bank for some years and have met numerous people that are unemployed. With only a couple of exceptions, these people want to work. There are a lot of reasons why people don’t work. The desire to live off unemployment and food stamps is not one of them.

What people don’t understand about the unemployed is that most of them do work. They aren't bringing home a paycheck, at least not large enough to support themselves but they are working. That work can take many forms such as searching for a job, taking care of your 3 kids while the wife works, or working 2 days a week for the brother-in-law. These people aren't going give up the work they are doing now for temporary job.

Stop it. You are going to make me cry.....

Paul Robeson - Ol' Man River (Showboat - 1936) J.Kern O. Hammerstein II

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9WayN7R-s]YouTube - ‪Paul Robeson - Ol' Man River (Showboat - 1936) J.Kern O. Hammerstein II‬‏[/ame]

:eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo:

As God as my witness

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixx66T-FPYM&feature=related]YouTube - ‪As God as my witness‬‏[/ame]

Maybe if they hid the welfare and unemployment checks in the heads of lettuce.......

Welfare is cut off after three years..and unemployment checks go to people who PAID for them in the first place.
for the first 26 weeks, after that it's just welfare through the unemployment office.

Welfare does not get cut off after 3 years, the time limit is 5 years, and even then it's not cut off, people just emmigrate to different programs. Not that it matters because thats not the point, the point is they should get off thier lazy asses and work when it's available, if they're not willing to do that... fucking starve.

So in the richest country in the world..you are advocating people starve..while we bail out rich fuckers.

Bear in mind..that bailout money could feed all the starving people in this country for decades..perhaps even a century or so.

There are a lot of reasons why people don’t work. The desire to live off unemployment and food stamps is not one of them..

Yeah, it is. I've known plenty of people who have lost their jobs and made no immediate effort to find a new one, choosing instead to live off of unemployment for several weeks like it's a long vacation. Yes, eventually they'll get off their butts and start looking again, because unemployment doesn't pay as much as your salary and the reserves eventually run out, but there are plenty out there who take their sweet ass time. That is why there was no reason whatsoever to extend benefits to 99 weeks. That was ridiculous.

Naw.

I think the work ethic you speak of is just as alive today as it was a hundred years ago. In the 1920's anyone who was physically able could get a job that would support themselves and often a family. My dad in 1950's worked in a hardware store. My mom didn't have to work. We had a car. Took a vacation every year and we got by. Today you would be lucky to support yourself in such a job.

There are very few jobs available today for low skilled and unskilled workers. Even those with education and skills are having a hard time making ends meet. Taking away basis subsistence from the poor and the unemployed is not going bring the jobs back or make America a better place to live.

We haven't been in a recession for 50 years. That work ethic was lost decades ago, not in 2008. The dependency class has been getting larger ever since the so-called Great Society programs went into affect. They destroyed the family unit and install government in place of hard work and self-reliance.

Some day, you just might.

Some day, you just might.

I hope you're not threatening to kiss me.

Welfare is cut off after three years..and unemployment checks go to people who PAID for them in the first place.
for the first 26 weeks, after that it's just welfare through the unemployment office.

Welfare does not get cut off after 3 years, the time limit is 5 years, and even then it's not cut off, people just emmigrate to different programs. Not that it matters because thats not the point, the point is they should get off thier lazy asses and work when it's available, if they're not willing to do that... fucking starve.

So in the richest country in the world..you are advocating people starve..while we bail out rich fuckers.

Bear in mind..that bailout money could feed all the starving people in this country for decades..perhaps even a century or so.
no I am advocating that IF people are too lazy to get off thier fat dead asses they should starve. I owe the fucking lazy pieces of shit nothing and I could care less if they starve themselves instead of fucking work for a living. You can cry about how hard it is all you like, fuck them.

So... this means ??? Ahhh, that the three months worth of work was not designed to be what sustains them for the whole twelve months within a year. :eusa_whistle: What other programs are available then for the other nine months? Ohhhhh, public school.... :doubt: Yep, our teachers may very well deserve that raise! :evil:
They're migrant workers... they MIGRATE. Moving around from state to state as crops come in or need to be planted working the whole year. Why would they need any fucking programs?

Honestly, what you people think you know is truly amuzing.

I apologize for not knowing better or as much as you obvious seem to. From what I understood, or misunderstood, was that the PROBLEM with migrant workers, border control and such is that they were NOT in fact MIGRATING. :doubt:
You're confusing illegal alien scum with legal migrant workers. Migrant workers are here legally, they are working legally.

We haven't been in a recession for 50 years. That work ethic was lost decades ago, not in 2008. The dependency class has been getting larger ever since the so-called Great Society programs went into affect. They destroyed the family unit and install government in place of hard work and self-reliance.
We haven't been in a recession for 50 years? What do you call 2008?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back