Conservatives! You guys Rock! You got what you wanted! Farms, however, now need help!

I think the work ethic you speak of is just as alive today as it was a hundred years ago. In the 1920's anyone who was physically able could get a job that would support themselves and often a family. My dad in 1950's worked in a hardware store. My mom didn't have to work. We had a car. Took a vacation every year and we got by. Today you would be lucky to support yourself in such a job.

There are very few jobs available today for low skilled and unskilled workers. Even those with education and skills are having a hard time making ends meet. Taking away basis subsistence from the poor and the unemployed is not going bring the jobs back or make America a better place to live.

We haven't been in a recession for 50 years. That work ethic was lost decades ago, not in 2008. The dependency class has been getting larger ever since the so-called Great Society programs went into affect. They destroyed the family unit and install government in place of hard work and self-reliance.
We haven't been in a recession for 50 years? What do you call 2008?
If that were the case you would expect an uptrend in unemployment but that certainly is not the case.

1970 4.9%
1972 5.6
1974 5.6
1976 7.7
1978 6.1
1980 7.1
1982 9.7
1984 7.5
1986 7.0
1987 6.2
1988 5.5
1989 5.3
1990 5.6
1991 6.8
1992 7.5
1993 6.9
1994 6.1
1995 5.6
1996 5.4
1997 4.9
1998 4.5
1999 4.2
2000 4.0
2001 4.7
2002 5.8
2003 6.0%
2004 5.5
2005 5.1
2006 4.6
2007 4.6
2008 5.8
2009 9.3
2010 9.6

Read more: United States Unemployment Rate 1920–2008 — Infoplease.com United States Unemployment Rate 1920–2008 — Infoplease.com

This Republican Party doesn't base it's decisions on "study" and "data". They don't see "consequence". That's how you could have a president like Bush who said his decisions were based on a "gut" feeling. Many times, the "gut" feeling is the "wrong decision".

Capt. Kirk based many of his decisions on a "Gut Feeling" too......

There are a lot of reasons why people don’t work. The desire to live off unemployment and food stamps is not one of them..

Yeah, it is. I've known plenty of people who have lost their jobs and made no immediate effort to find a new one, choosing instead to live off of unemployment for several weeks like it's a long vacation. Yes, eventually they'll get off their butts and start looking again, because unemployment doesn't pay as much as your salary and the reserves eventually run out, but there are plenty out there who take their sweet ass time. That is why there was no reason whatsoever to extend benefits to 99 weeks. That was ridiculous.

What's wrong with that?

They're migrant workers... they MIGRATE. Moving around from state to state as crops come in or need to be planted working the whole year. Why would they need any fucking programs?

Honestly, what you people think you know is truly amuzing.

I apologize for not knowing better or as much as you obvious seem to. From what I understood, or misunderstood, was that the PROBLEM with migrant workers, border control and such is that they were NOT in fact MIGRATING. :doubt:
You're confusing illegal alien scum with legal migrant workers. Migrant workers are here legally, they are working legally.

Should illegals be aborted before they cross the border? Would you advocate for abortions in Mexico to stem the tide of illegals? As they are scum..you should be happy with this, right?

I apologize for not knowing better or as much as you obvious seem to. From what I understood, or misunderstood, was that the PROBLEM with migrant workers, border control and such is that they were NOT in fact MIGRATING. :doubt:

as far as i know Melissa Real Migrant Workers have Papers Allowing them to do what they do......the guy i know who has some Family members from Mexico who do this....have actually a circuit that they travel in the SW US.....and down into Mexico.....

There are a lot of reasons why people don’t work. The desire to live off unemployment and food stamps is not one of them..

Yeah, it is. I've known plenty of people who have lost their jobs and made no immediate effort to find a new one, choosing instead to live off of unemployment for several weeks like it's a long vacation. Yes, eventually they'll get off their butts and start looking again, because unemployment doesn't pay as much as your salary and the reserves eventually run out, but there are plenty out there who take their sweet ass time. That is why there was no reason whatsoever to extend benefits to 99 weeks. That was ridiculous.

What's wrong with that?

Why don't you stop working for a few weeks and find out?

What's wrong with that?

If you get laid off through no fault of your own and collect unemployment for several weeks, a fund YOU PUT INTO...along with the scumbags that fired you...

What's wrong with getting that back?

What's wrong with that?

nothing.....i think he means the guy who just never seems to get out and look for a job because he is getting comfortable with his Unemployment....turns several weeks into a year and more.......that guy......

A fund? I didn't realize the tax coffers were a fund.

If we got back money we paid into a fund, their wouldnt be a problem. The problem is the government is taxing the heck out of us and making promises it cant possibly keep.

I think the work ethic you speak of is just as alive today as it was a hundred years ago. In the 1920's anyone who was physically able could get a job that would support themselves and often a family. My dad in 1950's worked in a hardware store. My mom didn't have to work. We had a car. Took a vacation every year and we got by. Today you would be lucky to support yourself in such a job.

There are very few jobs available today for low skilled and unskilled workers. Even those with education and skills are having a hard time making ends meet. Taking away basis subsistence from the poor and the unemployed is not going bring the jobs back or make America a better place to live.

We haven't been in a recession for 50 years. That work ethic was lost decades ago, not in 2008. The dependency class has been getting larger ever since the so-called Great Society programs went into affect. They destroyed the family unit and install government in place of hard work and self-reliance.
We haven't been in a recession for 50 years? What do you call 2008?

I call it three years ago. What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

You're confusing illegal alien scum with legal migrant workers. Migrant workers are here legally, they are working legally.

Should illegals be aborted before they cross the border? Would you advocate for abortions in Mexico to stem the tide of illegals? As they are scum..you should be happy with this, right?
nah, just shoot them when they cross.:cuckoo:

What's wrong with that?

If you get laid off through no fault of your own and collect unemployment for several weeks, a fund YOU PUT INTO...along with the scumbags that fired you...

What's wrong with getting that back?
You don't put anything into U/E benefits, the first 26 weeks is 100% funded by employer premiums. Stop lying.

Forum List

Back