Conservatives waking up to climate change

One of the realities that deniers have to rigorously ignore is the fact that we were smart enough to harvest the least expensive to extract and process, highest quality, lowest environmental impact fossil fuels first, leaving the dregs to future generations. Of course big oil treats all reserves as equal. And they are to them. The profit per BTU is the same, the cost increases are just passed on to consumers who aren't smart enough to see a different future.

And all of the Dittoheads said amen.

One of the realities that deniers have to rigorously ignore is the fact that we were smart enough to harvest the least expensive to extract and process, highest quality, lowest environmental impact fossil fuels first, leaving the dregs to future generations.

Where has anyone denied that? Link?

When you get a chance, show us how much the A portion of GW cost us last year.
To the nearest billion.

I want to make sure we're getting our moneys worth for the $80 trillion you feel we should spend.

I take it that you'd rather send that money, and a lot more, on really expensive fossil fuel, and expanded capacity to meet demand. And on relocating people and farms to where the water went and dikes to keep the oceans out of our port cities.

That's what's called conservative financial planning. Do nothing until the problem becomes overwhelming. Then elect and blame liberals.

That's the same play you ran in 2000. Do you really think memories are that short?

One of the realities that deniers have to rigorously ignore is the fact that we were smart enough to harvest the least expensive to extract and process, highest quality, lowest environmental impact fossil fuels first, leaving the dregs to future generations. Of course big oil treats all reserves as equal. And they are to them. The profit per BTU is the same, the cost increases are just passed on to consumers who aren't smart enough to see a different future.

And all of the Dittoheads said amen.

One of the realities that deniers have to rigorously ignore is the fact that we were smart enough to harvest the least expensive to extract and process, highest quality, lowest environmental impact fossil fuels first, leaving the dregs to future generations.

To the nearest billion.

I want to make sure we're getting our moneys worth for the $80 trillion you feel we should spend.

I take it that you'd rather send that money, and a lot more, on really expensive fossil fuel, and expanded capacity to meet demand. And on relocating people and farms to where the water went and dikes to keep the oceans out of our port cities.

That's what's called conservative financial planning. Do nothing until the problem becomes overwhelming. Then elect and blame liberals.

That's the same play you ran in 2000. Do you really think memories are that short?

I take it that you'd rather send that money, and a lot more, on really expensive fossil fuel

I know, natural gas gets more expensive every day.

GraphEngine.ashx

Damn, all the way up to less than 1/3rd the price 5 years ago.

And on relocating people and farms to where the water went and dikes to keep the oceans out of our port cities.

I hope the rising oceans (wasn't Obama gonna stop the rising water?) don't flood the unicorn ranches.

To the nearest billion.

I take it that you'd rather send that money, and a lot more, on really expensive fossil fuel

GraphEngine.ashx

And on relocating people and farms to where the water went and dikes to keep the oceans out of our port cities.

I hope the rising oceans (wasn't Obama gonna stop the rising water?) don't flood the unicorn ranches.

What has the price of gasoline done over that time?

GraphEngine.ashx

Flucuated. It'd be cheaper if we got rid of boutique summer blends.

GraphEngine.ashx

But but but then all the air would be poisoned, all the water would become acid and all the oceans (acid though they might be) would rise to the tip top of the highest mountains.

Remember, every particle of CO2 in the atmosphere of our little planet is killing a baby or a unicorn somewhere.

EVERY molecule. Every fucking one.

But but but then all the air would be poisoned, all the water would become acid and all the oceans (acid though they might be) would rise to the tip top of the highest mountains.

Remember, every particle of CO2 in the atmosphere of our little planet is killing a baby or a unicorn somewhere.

Most people hide their ignorance. You flaunt it. How bizarre is that?

You don't hide yours.

Guess who wins by keeping us hooked on oil until the last drop is profited from?

Guess who loses after that?

Guess who pays for the consequences of AGW?

Guess who profits from fueled energy rather than sustainable energy.

Guess who pays for what you believe?

You are one of the suckers born every minute. I'm not going to pay for your gullibility.

Guess who wins by keeping us hooked on oil until the last drop is profited from?

Why, the American people win.

Guess who loses after that?

You are demanding that mere mortals decide the fate of mankind's energy pursuits over a thousand years away from the present?

Here's a question you did not ask: what happens when green companies make bad decisions based on regurgitating errors of the past two decades as viable in the business world? And here's a partial answer:

Solyndra: Pay Some Investors Before Taxpayers In Solar Flame Out - Forbes

Guess who pays for the consequences of AGW?

The AGW hoax was discredited by scientists who emailed many other scientists to obfuscate data so they could procure foundation money for their work by making global warming seem a threat to the world. The issue is still being debated with no clear winner or loser unless one acknowledges the falsification of data is a red flag against the truth.

Exaggeration to the point of lying makes conventional and honest businesspeople and the best investors very, very uneasy. Demanding that the American people fork over a billion here and a billion there, and a few more billion here, there, and everywhere with absolutely zero accounting or consequences is a bad idea.

Guess who profits from fueled energy rather than sustainable energy.

Energy from fuel is sustainable and affordable. It's a popular investment that provides high-paying jobs and good returns to those who invest in it.

Energy sources already known to be unreliable are far, far from sustainable, and some of them are downright hazardous to health of species which rely on sonar and other specialized survival mechanisms for moving through water or air.

Guess who pays for what you believe?

Me, myself, and I.

You are one of the suckers born every minute.

Hardly. You're the unreferenced attacker.

I'm not going to pay for your gullibility.

I'm not going to pay for yours.

Your position, of course, assumes that scientists are liars, and politicians never do.

And also business people work to optimize the big picture, not just their business.

And that people who don't know science can guess at it with better reliability than the scientific process yields.

But, despite those massive flaws in your logic, you believe that you and Rush are right.

You are a scammers dream.
Rush who is right?

Are you a scammer?

You don't hide yours.

I'll be the first to admit when I don't know something. I don't know more than I know. I also don't let others tell me wrongly what I do know.

You ought to try that someday. Of course you'd have to resign from the cult and nobody does that.

The proof that you offer is less than compelling.

You want me to prove that Cheney did not give them an exemption?

Damn, you're dumber than you look.

We'll, so far you haven't offered any proof for anything that you've claimed. Your mantra has been that everybody needs proof but you. A losers pipedream if there ever was one.

All you need to do to prove me wrong is find the exemption that Cheney gave to Halliburton.

You won't.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDz9A679cXY]The Hoax of Global Warming : Documentary on the Lies of Global Warming (Full Documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

You want me to prove that Cheney did not give them an exemption?

Damn, you're dumber than you look.

We'll, so far you haven't offered any proof for anything that you've claimed. Your mantra has been that everybody needs proof but you. A losers pipedream if there ever was one.

All you need to do to prove me wrong is find the exemption that Cheney gave to Halliburton.

You won't.

Nobody's falling for the everyone owes you proof but you're exempt BS.

You're the perfect Dittohead.

Forum List

Back