Conservatives need to regroup

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
the fact is we are a minority. While Trump is doing more for conservatives than I expected, more people voted against him and his policies and we just got our butts kicked in the house races. Part of that could be trump but I think the bigger problem is we are fighting the culture.

We need to regroup.

We need to stop conceding elections by letting democrats run unopposed or essentially unopposed.

We need to be out there teaching people why conservatism and the Constitution work. We need to teach people how the free market is supposed to work. We are fighting decades of indoctrination against these things.

We need to not just win arguments, we need to persuade people our ideas are better and bring them to our side.

We can’t just right off more than half the country

We have allowed the left to grab control of the media, Hollywood, the schools, the universities and most of the churches. It's not enough to grab control of the government, we need to fight them everywhere.

We have allowed the left to grab control of the media, Hollywood, the schools, the universities and most of the churches. It's not enough to grab control of the government, we need to fight them everywhere.

So where do we even start to take back America?

You let time undergo its normal progression.

the fact is we are a minority. While Trump is doing more for conservatives than I expected, more people voted against him and his policies and we just got our butts kicked in the house races. Part of that could be trump but I think the bigger problem is we are fighting the culture.

We need to regroup.

We need to stop conceding elections by letting democrats run unopposed or essentially unopposed.

We need to be out there teaching people why conservatism and the Constitution work. We need to teach people how the free market is supposed to work. We are fighting decades of indoctrination against these things.

We need to not just win arguments, we need to persuade people our ideas are better and bring them to our side.

People didn't really vote against his policies; they voted against him, his bizarre personality, and his entourage of billionaires and others of questionable intent (Zinke, Pruitt, etc.), Republicans think they need Trump, but they really don't. He is a bandaid fix that is soon going to become an anchor.

It’s still highly likely the left will take over power in the US again someday.
It may take America experiencing real Marxist tyranny before we ultimately reject the radical left. Of course tens of millions will die in the process as every incarnation of Marxism has shown us.

We need to regroup.

People didn't really vote against his policies; they voted against him, his bizarre personality, and his entourage of billionaires and others of questionable intent (Zinke, Pruitt, etc.), Republicans think they need Trump, but they really don't. He is a bandaid fix that is soon going to become an anchor.
He is the culmination of decades of ambitious conservative celebrities saying liberalism is a mental disease and demanding politicians that embrace conspiracy theories.

We need to regroup.

He is the culmination of decades of ambitious conservative celebrities saying liberalism is a mental disease and demanding politicians that embrace conspiracy theories.

All I can say is, you can never, EVER get young people or minorities on your side with a guy like Trump in charge of your party. He completely damned himself to them with Charlottesville, and has never even tried to recover. What should have been an easy win will end up being his albatross.

We need to regroup.

Democrats aren't 1/2 the country....Rolled into one, remocrats and depublicans don't even make up half of all eligible voters....So it might help you to start doing your math and outreach there.

A big part of the problem with so-called "conservatives" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) is that they're either doormats for the progressives or collaborators with them...They campaign like libertarians, then govern like the progressives they claim to oppose....In general people detest wimps and totally hate traitors....This at least partially explains Trump...Say what you want about they guy, he's certainly neither a doormat nor a wimp....You can 'splain all the economics and Constitution you want, but if you come across as a beta people will viscerally reject you.

All I can say is, you can never, EVER get young people or minorities on your side with a guy like Trump in charge of your party. .
Care to 'splain why he's more popular with black and hispanics than any republican prez has ever been?

In 2016 he was surprisingly not as unpopular as I'd have expected. I haven't seen the numbers since, other than that his approval rate is around 40%.

I think some minority folks are a little sick of being told that they must vote democrat. I don't blame them. But Trump is certainly not popular with them, lol.

We need to regroup.

I agree we don’t need him. But he is president and we thus we need to work with him to accomplish good things for this nation

We need to regroup.

The Left is still winning the economy, sickeningly.

But they may actually be losing the culture. They put all their eggs into Identity Politics, and they are losing that HORRIBLY.

So where do we even start to take back America?

Admit conservatism is, for the most part, a failure.

When it’s tried and doesn’t work we can talk about that.

Until then I’m all for giving limited government and self government a try

In 2016 he was surprisingly not as unpopular as I'd have expected. I haven't seen the numbers since, other than that his approval rate is around 40%.

I think some minority folks are a little sick of being told that they must vote democrat. I don't blame them. But Trump is certainly not popular with them, lol.
So you really have no explanation.

We need to regroup.

Democrats aren't 1/2 the country....Rolled into one, remocrats and depublicans don't even make up half of all eligible voters....So it might help you to start doing your math and outreach there.

A big part of the problem with so-called "conservatives" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) is that they're either doormats for the progressives or collaborators with them...They campaign like libertarians, then govern like the progressives they claim to oppose....In general people detest wimps and totally hate traitors....This at least partially explains Trump...Say what you want about they guy, he's certainly neither a doormat nor a wimp....You can 'splain all the economics and Constitution you want, but if you come across as a beta people will viscerally reject you.

Didn’t say democrats are half the country. I said over half the country opposes us.

Forum List

Back